No date code (serial number) in Valentino Rockstud spike bag?

Mina77

Jan 16, 2019
Dear Valentino experts,
I recently purchased a brand new Valentino rockstud spike bag from a large department store in the US. It doesn’t have a tag with a date code inside of the interior pocket. I asked my SA and I was told that Valentino bags don’t come with a date code or serial number. I’m very confused based on what I see on this forum and how the authenticators on this forum are asking for the pics of the date code. My SA also told me that the bag I bought is brand new and never been returned.
This is my first Valentino bag and I’m new to Valentino, if you could kindly share your knowledge I’d really appreciate it.
Thank you so much in advance!

Dear Valentino experts,
I recently purchased a brand new Valentino rockstud spike bag from a large department store in the US. It doesn’t have a tag with a date code inside of the interior pocket. I asked my SA and I was told that Valentino bags don’t come with a date code or serial number. I’m very confused based on what I see on this forum and how the authenticators on this forum are asking for the pics of the date code. My SA also told me that the bag I bought is brand new and never been returned.
This is my first Valentino bag and I’m new to Valentino, if you could kindly share your knowledge I’d really appreciate it.
Thank you so much in advance!
I also just bought one from an authorized dealer and can’t find one either. If you find it, please let me know where to look. Thanks!

I have the Rockstud spike. It’s inside the zip pocket on the right. It’s black.
Just had another look at my Rockstud spike large and can’t seem to find it. Do some not have it? I have no concerns about it’s authenticity as I bought it from an authorised retailer but I am confused on why I can’t find it or why it’s missing. Thank you!

Just had another look at my Rockstud spike large and can’t seem to find it. Do some not have it? I have no concerns about it’s authenticity as I bought it from an authorised retailer but I am confused on why I can’t find it or why it’s missing. Thank you!
Hmm not too sure. All 3 of my Valentinos have them. It’s sometimes hard to find and I used my hand to feel around in the pocket to find it.

Hmm not too sure. All 3 of my Valentinos have them. It’s sometimes hard to find and I used my hand to feel around in the pocket to find it.
So I called the Valentino in NYC and asked the SA about serial codes and his response was that Valentino has stopped putting them in many of the bags. He didn't have a reason why but he said that he has noticed that in many of the models and bag in the store. Quite weird but makes me feel better that mine isn't a one off

They have stopped putting serial numbers in their bags which, in my opinion, is weird. I have three Valentino bags, a mini Rockstud bag, a Rockstud Spike belt bag and a mini Candystud bag, all of them don't have serial numbers.

Reactions: AMom2Two
Hello,
Do you guys know if it is possible for authentic Valentino to have non-leather serial number tag?
I purchased Va Va Voom bag from Ebay (struggling to find someone to authenticate it, waiting on TPF, A4U and CD), everything seems good with the bag, no red flag except the serial # tag. The bag is made of high quality leather inside and out, but I just noticed that the serial number tag is kind of splitting, and what’s exposed in between is not the suede part of leather, it’s rather synthetic fabric. Does that mean that this is counterfeit bag? Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I’m kind of getting a little heart attack ;) TIA!

Attachments

• 283854EB-4D9D-42B6-9481-EB0A68018099.jpeg
    283854EB-4D9D-42B6-9481-EB0A68018099.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 152
I have Also purchased 2 Valentino Rockstud spike bags and other Valentino bucket bag directly from Beverly Hills Valentino in 2018 and they all two of the three do NOT have serial numbers. However my 2 older 2105 and 2016 Valentino Vava voom bags do. Valentino is not consistent with placing serial numbers in bags.

Hello,
Do you guys know if it is possible for authentic Valentino to have non-leather serial number tag?
I purchased Va Va Voom bag from Ebay (struggling to find someone to authenticate it, waiting on TPF, A4U and CD), everything seems good with the bag, no red flag except the serial # tag. The bag is made of high quality leather inside and out, but I just noticed that the serial number tag is kind of splitting, and what’s exposed in between is not the suede part of leather, it’s rather synthetic fabric. Does that mean that this is counterfeit bag? Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I’m kind of getting a little heart attack ;) TIA!
My 2 vava voom bags one have leather tags with serial numbers although the length of numbers & lettering is not consistent. And I’ve purchased authentic Valentino purses directly from Valentino and not all of them have serial numbers. So, it hard to tell unless you know your bags well

I have a Valentino bag bought at the store and it does not have a srial number, however my mother gave me one of her collection that had it.

I think its a new thing now... if you trust the place you got it, you should be good!

Hello,

My Rockstud tote has a fabric tag with serial code

I've owned a number of authentic Valentino bags and I think there's a type of bag made of thicker sort of pebbled leather that does not come with serial numbers. The leather tends to be thicker than the softer Valentino leather. It has a pebbled texture on the outside (not smooth) and it's unlined (no fabric on the inside).

Then there's the buttery leather type that comes with fabric lining and that type of bag always has serial numbers.

I hope this helps. It's just my experience.

Hi ladies, I just purchased a rockstud spike shoulder (clutch) bag from the Valentino boutique, it doesn't come with authenticity card, and no serial number or date code either, is this normal? the SA said that it doesn't come with authenticity card anymore, is that weird?