Next question: Petaluma Outlet vs Napa

Petaluma see the wine country? Hmmm...didn't know that. Maybe small parts. Actually Napa is the start of the Napa Valley and is the main Wine Country. Though, there is the Sonoma Valley Wine Country and maybe you see that on your drive. The way I go to Petaluma, we don't see that, but I come from a different direction than you'll be going. Going to Mt. Tam is also beautiful & is north of the GGB.

I'm with you....you're not going to see Wine Country between SF and Petaluma...at least not without getting off the 101......

If seeing wine country is a secondary goal then Napas the way to go....but I still say if you want to go to napa hit the vacaville outlets....they're just 12 miles or so East on 80 from where you'd get off to go to Napa.

Or if you're like me....I'd hit vacaville....then napa, then explore my way north up the napa valley to the st helena outlets....

stopping for a picnic lunch at vsatui on the way....

damn I miss living in California!

I'm with you....you're not going to see Wine Country between SF and Petaluma...at least not without getting off the 101......

If seeing wine country is a secondary goal then Napas the way to go....but I still say if you want to go to napa hit the vacaville outlets....they're just 12 miles or so East on 80 from where you'd get off to go to Napa.

Or if you're like me....I'd hit vacaville....then napa, then explore my way north up the napa valley to the st helena outlets....

If I had more time than I would go to more than one outlet. I will have to return my car by 7pm and I want to allow time to get lost or traffic. If I was traveling with my girlfriends then we would hit them all up but my son just would not understand.

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE to picnic at V. Sattui!!! We only live 30 minutes from the Napa Wine Country and can you believe I only went for the first time 3 years ago? For some reason I thought it was further away. When I found out I surprised hubby for our anniversary and we went there for the weekend (he loves red wine) and we did the Murder Mystery dinner on the Napa Wine Train.

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE to picnic at V. Sattui!!! We only live 30 minutes from the Napa Wine Country and can you believe I only went for the first time 3 years ago? For some reason I thought it was further away. When I found out I surprised hubby for our anniversary and we went there for the weekend (he loves red wine) and we did the Murder Mystery dinner on the Napa Wine Train.

I can't! I lived in San Ramon then Walnut Creek for almost 4 years..and I went up to wine country all the time!!! I miss it SOOO much!

I am originally from Fresno but have a lot of family in Nor Cal so I visit frequently. I usually always go to the Gilroy outlet because its conviently on the way home. Its huge and has a great selection, worth the drive IMO.

Get out! I grew up in Fresno, OK Clovis, but moved to MA several years ago. My dad is in Madera and my sister does her drill weekends at the Guard base. Such a small world!

VSattui is the best!! I have 3 bottles of their wine here at the house. My mom is in East Bay so when I fly home I always go to V Sattui. I always go to the Coach outlet in Vacaville to but this time I am going to go to both Napa and Petaluma! Why not?? I love going home to shop, I mean visit!

I just cleaned out the Gilroy outlet this weekend - take a peek on p. 5 of April purchases. They really do have a great selection and the SA's are super nice and helpful!

Get out! I grew up in Fresno, OK Clovis, but moved to MA several years ago. My dad is in Madera and my sister does her drill weekends at the Guard base. Such a small world!

OMG and you are in boston now and I am in Providence...wow small world indeed!!!!

So I really miss the Gilroy Outlet but Wrentham has made up for it :smile: I love the bay area though!