New member question.

Hello again.
I have the following to report.
Firstly, Mrs Watchguy needed a new purse so I have brought her a Coach 1941
accordion zip wallet in glovetanned pebble leather
STYLE NO. 86870
I came here to find out what people who are really into this stuff really like. I think the Coach 1941 line is serious value proposition.
Also included are pics of Mrs Watchguys daily carry. I promise I will sort her out at Christmas, she is so good to me.

View attachment 3764412 View attachment 3764413
Coach makes many great items, the wallet is very nice. The 1941 line is a beautiful line of nice, thick leathers and suedes and attention to detail. If you think she would like a satchel that can also be worn as a shoulder bag, I would highly recommend getting her a Rogue. If you would like to see more action shots and pictures of Rogues, you can go to the Coach forum, to the bag clubhouse and then to Rogues!

Hello again.
I have the following to report.
Firstly, Mrs Watchguy needed a new purse so I have brought her a Coach 1941
accordion zip wallet in glovetanned pebble leather
STYLE NO. 86870
I came here to find out what people who are really into this stuff really like. I think the Coach 1941 line is serious value proposition.
Also included are pics of Mrs Watchguys daily carry. I promise I will sort her out at Christmas, she is so good to me.

View attachment 3764412 View attachment 3764413
One important question; does she prefer one strap over the other? Or does she use both? Since it seems she's more of a practical, low key/high quality bag kinda gal, I do recommend Longchamp, Furla and Coccinelle - all are reasonably priced and great quality.

Here is my two cents worth. I am way older than any of the other ladies on here. Been there done that. Owned it, sold it. I say give her a "gift certificate" so to speak, I don't really think he has actual certificates... to a Massaccessi purse. Made in Italy of the finest leather, but best of all she picks the style, the strap length, the leather, the color, the external pockets, the internal pockets, additional credit card slots, one color leather on one side, one on the other, most anything her heart desires. Even my husband comments on my purses about the beautiful leather... how it looks and how it feels to the touch.

Plus she won't have a purse that looks just like millions of other purses look.

I have owned the " finest leather" bags in my many years and Massaccessi is the best bang for the buck. I own six and have one coming in the international mail as we speak. Hope this gives you a suggestion.

Reactions: prepster
Here is my two cents worth. I am way older than any of the other ladies on here. Been there done that. Owned it, sold it. I say give her a "gift certificate" so to speak, I don't really think he has actual certificates... to a Massaccessi purse. Made in Italy of the finest leather, but best of all she picks the style, the strap length, the leather, the color, the external pockets, the internal pockets, additional credit card slots, one color leather on one side, one on the other, most anything her heart desires. Even my husband comments on my purses about the beautiful leather... how it looks and how it feels to the touch.

Plus she won't have a purse that looks just like millions of other purses look.

I have owned the " finest leather" bags in my many years and Massaccessi is the best bang for the buck. I own six and have one coming in the international mail as we speak. Hope this gives you a suggestion.
I randomly came across this thread and thought your comment was really interesting. I've been struggling to find a well made purse - I am constantly buying new ones of all brands (I only buy leather, but I think even these are all made like garbage). I find that the plasticy glue that holds the leather on the handles together is always falling apart and ends up looking like total trash. And it can't be fixed by a regular shoe repair. Plus - even $2000 bags use these. It's so frustrating to feel like a) i have to spend that much money and b) when I do, it's just going to fall apart like all the rest of them. Does Massaccessi really hand sew everything? I just feel a little cynical now and I don't want to spend my money on something that isn't worth it. Thanks in advance!

I randomly came across this thread and thought your comment was really interesting. I've been struggling to find a well made purse - I am constantly buying new ones of all brands (I only buy leather, but I think even these are all made like garbage). I find that the plasticy glue that holds the leather on the handles together is always falling apart and ends up looking like total trash. And it can't be fixed by a regular shoe repair. Plus - even $2000 bags use these. It's so frustrating to feel like a) i have to spend that much money and b) when I do, it's just going to fall apart like all the rest of them. Does Massaccessi really hand sew everything? I just feel a little cynical now and I don't want to spend my money on something that isn't worth it. Thanks in advance!

Yes indeed they are handmade. The leather is so beautiful, smells divine and feels like silk (well the smooth leathers do.) I now have eight of them, two preowned. I have gifted nearly all of my other brands and carry only MM's. In addition he has an agent, Colette, whom you may email directly and she will answer any and all questions, give you prices on a particular purse in a particular leather.
The leathers that are listed on the web site are only a few of what is available. I don't know why they don't make it more clear that there are many choices for each style.
Here are some links that will give you more information.

for the love of massaccesi.blogspot.com
marcomassaccesi.it
[email protected]

Yes indeed they are handmade. The leather is so beautiful, smells divine and feels like silk (well the smooth leathers do.) I now have eight of them, two preowned. I have gifted nearly all of my other brands and carry only MM's. In addition he has an agent, Colette, whom you may email directly and she will answer any and all questions, give you prices on a particular purse in a particular leather.
The leathers that are listed on the web site are only a few of what is available. I don't know why they don't make it more clear that there are many choices for each style.
Here are some links that will give you more information.

for the love of massaccesi.blogspot.com
marcomassaccesi.it
[email protected]
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Update.
Will be looking for something special for a big birthday later this year. This was for Christmas.

Attachments

• IMG_20180302_223245378.jpg
    IMG_20180302_223245378.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20180302_223444131.jpg
    IMG_20180302_223444131.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20180302_223523165.jpg
    IMG_20180302_223523165.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: Annabel Lee
Since you bought her a larger bag that is good for every day use, might I suggest a smaller bag that could be used for evenings out for her birthday. That way she will have a bit of diversity in her bags that are appropriate for different functions. If she liked the Coach, they have several smaller options that are suitable for evening bags. Do you have a budget in mind?

Mrs watchguy's birthday is in September. I've been looking at coach 1941 clutches. At some point something appropriate will be in a sale before then I hope.

There's actually a sale going on right now, but you need a code for it. The sale goes until the 19th.

Try posting in here to see if anyone has a free code they aren't using! (It looks like there's one posted up there for the taking right now.)
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/next-pce-anyone-knows-when.810728/page-221#post-32132122

There's also usually a "Semi-Annual Sale" during the summer.

The SAS came up trumps, waited and waited and finally I saw a clutch I hope she will like for the cruise.
I like to hide presents, I hid pandorra charms in washing up gloves and a Robbie Williams ticket in an ironing board cover.
This time I am giving here the puzzle box and see how long it takes here to find the second, cant wait.
Hopefully she's happy with these, we'll be seeing her birthday in on the 15th of september on The symphony of the seas.
IMG_20180821_173911819.jpg IMG_20180821_173950176.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180821_174056435.jpg
    IMG_20180821_174056435.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Annabel Lee
You are very sweet. Hope you have a great time on your cruise. My daughter has a show on Royal Caribbean cruise ships. I am not sure which ship she will be on at that time. But maybe yours; she has a Celine Dion tribute show.