New 2021 Lucky Bracelet Alhambra

This are the pictures my SA sent me. She said they have started receiving the new Lucky collection in stores now.

Diameter of the earring is 1.4 cm. Backing is post and clip, but can be replaced with non-clip version (like the sweet collection) for about $1,500. Takes 4 to 5 weeks for the work to be done.

Hope this helps!

I quite like the earrings: they don't look childish or too girlish and could freshen the look + they could match nicely with the Alhambra pieces. It's the same size as Vintage Alhambra earrings - so it is nice to have something new but similar at the same time.
The long necklace - many doubts. It also looks nice overall, but I don't want to look "cute" wearing 17K piece covered in ladybugs :whut: I understand where they were coming from but it just does not feel versatile enough to validate the price tag.

This are the pictures my SA sent me. She said they have started receiving the new Lucky collection in stores now.

Diameter of the earring is 1.4 cm. Backing is post and clip, but can be replaced with non-clip version (like the sweet collection) for about $1,500. Takes 4 to 5 weeks for the work to be done.

Hope this helps!

So happy to see the pic in real!
I’m wondering if the MOP is one whole piece with a hole? Or the middle metal is somehow glued to the MOP?

so the non-clip version is $5800?

So happy to see the pic in real!
I’m wondering if the MOP is one whole piece with a hole? Or the middle metal is somehow glued to the MOP?

so the non-clip version is $5800?

No. I was quoted Canadian dollars.

VCA does not make a non-clip version. You would have to request a special modification.

Lucky Spring Plum Blossom Earrings (clip and post)= CAD$5,500 + taxes

Additional cost to modify clip backing = CAD$1,500 + taxes

I was interested in changing the back because I find that clip-style backings can be painful. My SA suggested getting the earring clip adjusted at the store first, which might address the issue.

VCA can adjust the clip locally, but a full modification would have to be done at the NYC workshop (hence the 4 to 5 week lead time that is required).

No. I was quoted Canadian dollars.

VCA does not make a non-clip version. You would have to request a special modification.

Lucky Spring Plum Blossom Earrings (clip and post)= CAD$5,500 + taxes

Additional cost to modify clip backing = CAD$1,500 + taxes

I was interested in changing the back because I find that clip-style backings can be painful. My SA suggested getting the earring clip adjusted at the store first, which might address the issue.

VCA can adjust the clip locally, but a full modification would have to be done at the NYC workshop (hence the 4 to 5 week lead time that is required).

thank you so much for your input! I think the price of a pair of MOP is already high considering the size of motif is similar to sweet.
Hope they can have two versions available for sale at same time.
I guess I’ll need to try it in store to feel it. I don’t think I would spend another >1k USD just to change the clip unless I can’t go home without it. As of now, there’s nothing I can’t pass.

thank you so much for your input! I think the price of a pair of MOP is already high considering the size of motif is similar to sweet.
I guess I’ll need to try it in store to feel it. I don’t think I would spend another >1k USD just to change the clip unless I can’t go home without it. As of now, there’s nothing I can’t pass.
Pretty sure it’s vintage size not sweet

Hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing these!!! did your SA send anymore angles of earring pics!!:heart::heart::heart: So excited!

Agreed. It doesn’t make sense to spend that much to make the earring backings LESS secure than the original clip and post.

However, I don’t think VCA will make two versions. That was why my SA suggested getting the earrings adjusted at the local store first, to see if that would address the earlobe pain issue.

It’s definitely tough to shop when everything is under lock down. But given this is a permanent collection, you could wait till stores reopen so you can see how the earring sits on your lobe.

Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: susan08
Wow, those plum blossom earrings are really beautiful, and would match well with the other Alhambra MOP pieces.

I agree with a lot of others... the lucky ladybug bracelet/necklaces are kinda "costume jewelry"-ish to me - too cutesy, kids-like, and not super wearable. Reminds me of the Kate Spade unwanted visitors ladybug costume jewelry line. I can't see, for instance, the royal family wearing it to an event like we've seen with Catherine or Camilla with the classic Alhambra. I would've liked something a little more sophisticated like the blue lucky bracelet.

I really don’t see the new lucky collection having staying power.... as many have commented, it is indeed quite costume jewellery-looking. Of course I expect the quality of the materials to come through when seen in real life, but for the money I would rather get pieces from Bvlgari or something as I currently have all the VCA pieces I truly want (or can reasonably afford haha). This is a bit disappointing as I really was excited when I heard there was going to be new releases!