Neiman Marcus: damaged bags

Elm1979

Feb 2, 2018
Hello fellow purse lovers! Today I received my SECOND damaged bag from Neiman Marcus. I am livid as my beautiful ysl lou lou,
Was sent in just the dust bag, no box- a few pieces of tissue to “protect it”. I am so annoyed as now I have to drive 45
Minutes out of the way to rerun it. What moron does this? I calle customer service
And they were literally fake apologetic... I am so annoyed. Has anyone else had this issue???

Attachments

• 9BACDE7F-A1ED-4251-8272-E10EA89EF57C.jpeg
    9BACDE7F-A1ED-4251-8272-E10EA89EF57C.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 707
  • 6461C8F4-7CA8-42B0-8AE5-532D16E135EC.jpeg
    6461C8F4-7CA8-42B0-8AE5-532D16E135EC.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 718
  • 5D720480-99CA-4B66-BE64-2C43456D0AB7.jpeg
    5D720480-99CA-4B66-BE64-2C43456D0AB7.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 724
  • 846E55F1-13CA-4FF0-ACC1-402C57837DDF.jpeg
    846E55F1-13CA-4FF0-ACC1-402C57837DDF.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 713
Reactions: tikigirl
I’ve received a used bag from them before (YSL tote with damage on handles and all 4 corners) and I don’t have a store in my state. I called and they sent me a new one but it was really difficult to convince them to send out the new one before putting the damaged one in the mail. But the new bag they sent me was in perfect condition! They will make it right.

Reactions: incessantlyXchic
Oh my that’s horrible! I have never had any issues from ordering from NM. Everything was always perfect. Hey maybe they’ll give you a gift card for their packaging and your inconvenience. Good luck!

Yes, this has happened to me, but the box was not as damaged. About 2 years ago, I ordered Prada Saffiano tote from my SA. I was horrified when I opened the box. Very little packaging, the dust bag was wrinkled - and even more, my bag looked like it was used. It was dented and there was no stuffing inside the bag... And there's more.. it was dusty and had splatter spots (food or drink) on it. I was furious. I took pictures and emailed my SA. He made a lousy excuse that his assistant packed the bag as he was heading on vacation. I didn't agree with him at all. I sent the bag and used that for leverage with another transaction I had with him. In regards to box, NM, like Nordstrom does not send YSL designer boxes. For Chanel classics, you get the box and I'm not sure about Gucci or other brands. I expect much more from a high-end luxury store like NM, Barney, Saks, Berg, NM, etc. I'm seeing a pattern when it comes to selling some designers. They treat the bag or shoes (another story) like Forever21 items. Totally unacceptable.

Hello fellow purse lovers! Today I received my SECOND damaged bag from Neiman Marcus. I am livid as my beautiful ysl lou lou,
Was sent in just the dust bag, no box- a few pieces of tissue to “protect it”. I am so annoyed as now I have to drive 45
Minutes out of the way to rerun it. What moron does this? I calle customer service
And they were literally fake apologetic... I am so annoyed. Has anyone else had this issue???

I had bags delivered with dust bag only. I called & requested the accompanying box. Made sure I asked ever since.
Never had an experience like yours

omg how come they sent you damaged bag? been eyeing some bags on their website but big no no after reading your story. sorry you had to experience such a horrible product and service from them

Oh my that’s horrible! I have never had any issues from ordering from NM. Everything was always perfect. Hey maybe they’ll give you a gift card for their packaging and your inconvenience. Good luck!

Hi! At this point after two damaged bags, I wouldn’t order bags from them. (I have ordered shoes since... but in general I try and stay away from Neiman’s online) I have never had a problem with Saks, or Net-A-Porter. With Neiman’s, the worst part is they were not apologetic, or seemed to care. I am guessing this happens a lot, and then the extra costs of unsold inventory comes to us as customers! It really made me upset.

Hi! At this point after two damaged bags, I wouldn’t order bags from them. (I have ordered shoes since... but in general I try and stay away from Neiman’s online) I have never had a problem with Saks, or Net-A-Porter. With Neiman’s, the worst part is they were not apologetic, or seemed to care. I am guessing this happens a lot, and then the extra costs of unsold inventory comes to us as customers! It really made me upset.
That's unfortunate. It seems like when it is larger companies the sense of true customer service never really gets translated :/

I know this is an extremely old post but this just happened to me. Why would they do this with such expensive bags??