Needing reassurance from those with slow recovery. Had double eyelid surgery

12 days is nothing. You'll still be incredibly swollen. My eyes took like a year to fully settle? But I've heard of 1.5 years.

I definitely looked swollen before the 3 ish month period? I thought I had walked around enough given I'm on my feet at work lol. But my friend also took long to settle so I wasn't worried.

I heard that pineapple juice also helps so it wouldn't hurt to try. Give it 3 months - a year.
hi! were your eyes swollen at the 7 month mark as well? i got incisional des 7 months ago and the part from my lash line to my crease line still looks puffy :sad:(

I bought a LightStim handheld LED while I was still in Seoul so I’d have it ready to use when I came home. I’ve been using it everyday for a week and my swelling is almost completely gone. It’s also helped the massive bruises on my upper checks fade much quicker too. Would definitely recommend!
Is lightstim the name of the product ? I was just in Korea and didn’t buy a handheld LED. I’m interested to know more about what you bought and what features it had

Hi everyone! I had non-incisional double eyelid surgery, ptosis correction, and epicanthoplasty. I’m on my post op day 12 and it still looks SO swollen, SO bruised. I look cross eyed. I know everyone heals differently but I barely see any changes day by day. Everyone that I’ve talked to is mostly recovered by now but I feel like I look like I just got surgery done yesterday. I’m hoping for some personal anecdotes and reassurance from people that also had a slow recovery but loved their results in the end. Thank you in advance ;_____;

-signed an overly anxious person worried about being botched
I just had eye surgery as part of my face lift 3 weeks ago. On day 2 I looked like a zombie or a red raccoon. My eyes were so swollen;(
I bruise easily due to having cancer 6 years ago. Chemo messes it up.
My bruising didn’t start to go down until I started icing it.
That said, as bad as a I looked, it was mostly healed by 2 weeks.
2nd photo is 10 days after surgery.

*I drank pumpkin juice that you buy from a pharmacy (helps de swelling tastes yucky. Mixed with water jelly)
* walked a LOT 8-10 miles a day (had to go on adventures)
* I used homeopathic Arnica pellets daily (also for bruising)
* lots and lots of icing
* My eye surgeon who did my tumor biopsy in my eye orbit 6 yrs ago said the best thing is putting a wash cloth in ice water, wring it out and put it on your eye. I had zero bruising then.
Hopefully these might give you some tips on things that might help your recovery.
Are you still in Korea? Do they do swelling treatments where you had your surgery? Just some other thoughts that could help you.
And hang in there! It will go down.

Attachments

• IMG_3682.jpeg
    IMG_3682.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4060.jpeg
    IMG_4060.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 2