Need help picking bag for last minute b-day present for gf!!

Wow!!! You are all fantastic.

What great ideas.

This is a bit scarry. I'm having a lot of fun looking at all this and am finding many of your suggestions beautiful just as objects. I'd like one for myself :P

Thank you so much - keep it coming! :biggrin:

For Prada, I like this frame bag. It's actually larger than the picture suggests.

$780
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...10734&masterId=cat5890735&index=2&cmCat=home1

Jill said:
hhhmmmm..in your price range..the only other designer you could get a decent price is PRADA...nylon-leather versions....They have really cute hobos..I have on in the 700dollar range that has PRADA embossed on the front..I bought it in 2 colors..its so cute..You can get them at SAKS or NEIMANS...

Attachments

• prada.jpg
    prada.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 15

Attachments

• prada2.jpg
    prada2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 26
I think I'm going to stay away from obvious labels on the exterior only because I don't want it to come across as "Oh look I'm impressing you by buying a big name bag". Also, she's pretty understated when it comes to things like that.

Grr, although I like that Prada bag Jill suggested.

So far, leaning towrads the mark Jacobs or Coach bag Sonya suggested - they're pretty hot :biggrin:

:biggrin:

I stay away from logo purses too.

Marc Jacobs is discreet though not so much so that fashionistas wouldn't immediately know it's Marc Jacobs. It's such a hot designer right now. I love Marc Jacobs purses. I don't have this particular one but the price is great (hard to get one for less than $1000 right now) and the quality is impeccible. Very sturdy bags. Classic yet fashionable.

I like the Coach satchel because it's structured and luxe looking and doesn't scream "Coach."

Both are purses that I she will enjoy for a long time. :biggrin:

SFShopper said:
I think I'm going to stay away from obvious labels on the exterior only because I don't want it to come across as "Oh look I'm impressing you by buying a big name bag". Also, she's pretty understated when it comes to things like that.

Grr, although I like that Prada bag Jill suggested.

So far, leaning towrads the mark Jacobs or Coach bag Sonya suggested - they're pretty hot :biggrin:

sonya said:
:biggrin:

I stay away from logo purses too.

Marc Jacobs is discreet though not so much so that fashionistas wouldn't immediately know it's Marc Jacobs. It's such a hot designer right now. I love Marc Jacobs purses. I don't have this particular one but the price is great (hard to get one for less than $1000 right now) and the quality is impeccible. Very sturdy bags. Classic yet fashionable.

I like the Coach satchel because it's structured and luxe looking and doesn't scream "Coach."

Both are purses that I she will enjoy for a long time. :biggrin:

Do you think the Marc Jacobs one goes as well with blue jeans as the Coach one?

Also, what about the motorcycle bags by Balenciaga?

Looks like I may be going a bit over my budget - having too much fun here. :blink:

Hmm, so I showed some friends the Marc Jacobs and the Coach and asked for opinions and all of them said Mark Jacobs because it was classic and elegant where as the Coach is too busy.

For me, I find the Coach a bit more interesting and trendy.

So, what do you all think between those two? Because it's me against 3 people I know, but I think they are all too conservative shhhh, don't repeat that :P

Same thing with my bf. He took me out to buy me a purse ... in the end he spent twice what he expected! :biggrin:

You can definitely carry either purse with jeans.

It really depends on how she'd rather carry her purses, either on her hand or elbow (Coach) or shoulder (Marc Jacobs).

The motorcycle bags are around $1100. Best bet is Barneys. There are so many colors right now, but I have no idea what your Barneys will carry. :biggrin: Best part about the motorcycle bags is that you can dress them up or down. They lend a "hip" vibe to any outfit.

SFShopper said:

Looks like I may be going a bit over my budget - having too much fun here. :blink:

I actually find the Coach pretty classic.

You should think in terms of what your gf wears. If she wears a lot of embellished clothing (beaded, sequined, embordiered, etc.), then the MJ won't clash. If she wears plain, undecorated clothing (t shirts, simple button downs, etc.) then the Coach will add detail to her outfit.

Though your gut reaction is probably best. The present should represent a bit of your style too. :biggrin:

SFShopper said:
Hmm, so I showed some friends the Marc Jacobs and the Coach and asked for opinions and all of them said Mark Jacobs because it was classic and elegant where as the Coach is too busy.

For me, I find the Coach a bit more interesting and trendy.

So, what do you all think between those two? Because it's me against 3 people I know, but I think they are all too conservative shhhh, don't repeat that :P

SFShopper said:

Balenciaga bags are nice and light, they are a bit over your budget though. =) If you can't decide by the time your girlfriend's bdday comes, you can take her shopping as well. She will find one she loves, good luck.

As for Coach and MJ, I prefer Marc Jacobs.
Marc by Marc Jacobs is more casual than Marc Jacobs, it goes well with jeans. Marc's Leather Double-Pocket Satchel ($358) is very nice.

Leather Double-Pocket Satchel
Must-have white looks so chic on this perfectly-sized satchel.

• Talc (white) with blue topstitching.
• Golden hardware.
• Shoulder straps; zip top with logo pull tab.
• Two front button-flap pockets.
• Side zip pockets with logo pull tabs.
• 9 1/2"H x 14"W x 5"D.

Leather Double-Pocket Satchel
Price $358.00
NMOS6_V7086

sonya said:
I actually find the Coach pretty classic.

You should think in terms of what your gf wears. If she wears a lot of embellished clothing (beaded, sequined, embordiered, etc.), then the MJ won't clash. If she wears plain, undecorated clothing (t shirts, simple button downs, etc.) then the Coach will add detail to her outfit.

Though your gut reaction is probably best. The present should represent a bit of your style too. :biggrin:

Great points!

I like MJ better but I think the Coach is more interesting.

She likes to wear more simple clothing and use bags, shoes and her jewelry as her statements - I never thought of it that way before you mentioned it.