Need help on making a diamond appear whiter..

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I guess for the small $ investment it's worth a shot. Let us know what happens!

2. I decided to get the prong plated. It made my stone more white. They kinda have a dark gray tint to it instead of a yellowish one now (must be due to lower clarity). I think it looks much better now. My jeweler did it for free since he was not sure how long it would last. He said maybe 3-6 months.

Bottom line white metals do make a stone look more white. Plating is a great temporary alternative.:idea:

Attached Files:

3. Wow, it really did make a difference. Good choice on getting the prongs plated. Sometimes being picky is worth it. Maybe your plating will last quite a while since it doesn't come in contact with anything (as opposed to the band which rubs against the finger).

4. I think it's the professionnal cleaning who gave result more than the dip. Your enhancer was cloudy and now very clear and clean.