Nano Speedy Lagoon - help me style it’s so small

Maui528

O.G.
Jul 25, 2013
I just received my nano speedy in the new pearly lagoon color today. I had never seen a nano in real life until now and it is SO small. I feel like it looks like a bag for a small child. It fits a lot so that’s not the problem. But it just looks so teeny tiny, and this is coming from someone who is 5’1 and small!

Have you felt silly wearing it? Are you loving it? How do you style it?

I have a nano speedy in canvas and I love wearing it on casual days. I am usually a jeans and shirt girl. I am also petite so it does not bother me at all. I do not carry much, just the essentials. :smile:

Try the Lagoon with neutral tone outfit and see if it matches your style.

I have two Nano Speedy (and a 3rd to be added soon :biggrin:) and I don't feel like it's too small or silly and I'm 5'7! But I only have mini bags since that's what I prefer so I'm used to the look of the smaller bags. Maybe you just have to get used to the size? I would also style the Lagoon with neutral tones but maybe it could also look cute with other pastel colors.

I just received my nano speedy in the new pearly lagoon color today. I had never seen a nano in real life until now and it is SO small. I feel like it looks like a bag for a small child. It fits a lot so that’s not the problem. But it just looks so teeny tiny, and this is coming from someone who is 5’1 and small!

Hi! I have the new nano in canvas and she is tiny but I still enjoy her with casual outfits and I think the size looks normal to my 4'11 self. You might want to reconsider your purchase though because you should be able to feel confident and certain whenever you wear it! :smile: Maybe look into getting the card holder in the same color if it's the color that attracted you and not the bag itself.

Hey! I can relate, I have tried the Nano Speedy in store before in bright colours (particularly Stardust) and I agree it is tiny though it fits a lot. I'm average height and it looked like a child-size bag on me, too. It really is a personal taste thing, because I love how it looks on others, but i felt uncomfortable wearing it myself, yet I own several small bags and have no problem wearing those. I also have a Keepall XS and am more used to its longer shape so that may have played a part. *I don't think it looks like a child's bag on others, btw!! :smile: :smile: it's a personal thing for me when I wore it myself!

It may have looked less small if I'd worn it with tshirt and shorts or similar casual summery outfit, but even then. I probably would have found the proportions weird on me. This is all personal taste at the end of the day, it is a really cute bag and useful and all. But, now that I've fallen in love with another bag, which was instantly lol, I am reminded that when you buy something luxe, you should really love it- if you're having these insecurities about your new purchase, maybe you should return it and save the funds for another style that gives you confidence instead.

Colourwise the Lagoon I'd love to try clash it with metallics actually - I tend to use colours as neutrals. It reminds me of the Stardust lilas colour. Try it with like, silver boots or jewellery, clash it with chunky chain jewellery, try faded grey denim or other denim shades- though maybe not black in case of colour transfer- wear it with your favourite sneakers or sandals, or a long coat if it's winter, etc. I think the Lagoon works well as a colour pop bag and goes with a lot of potential different outfits, but it depends on your style. And you should feel confident wearing the bag, no matter what outfit. A bag shouldn't make you question yourself.

• Insightful
Reactions: Maui528 and S*A*K
Hey! I can relate, I have tried the Nano Speedy in store before in bright colours (particularly Stardust) and I agree it is tiny though it fits a lot. I'm average height and it looked like a child-size bag on me, too. It really is a personal taste thing, because I love how it looks on others, but i felt uncomfortable wearing it myself, yet I own several small bags and have no problem wearing those. I also have a Keepall XS and am more used to its longer shape so that may have played a part. *I don't think it looks like a child's bag on others, btw!! :smile: :smile: it's a personal thing for me when I wore it myself!

It may have looked less small if I'd worn it with tshirt and shorts or similar casual summery outfit, but even then. I probably would have found the proportions weird on me. This is all personal taste at the end of the day, it is a really cute bag and useful and all. But, now that I've fallen in love with another bag, which was instantly lol, I am reminded that when you buy something luxe, you should really love it- if you're having these insecurities about your new purchase, maybe you should return it and save the funds for another style that gives you confidence instead.

Colourwise the Lagoon I'd love to try clash it with metallics actually - I tend to use colours as neutrals. It reminds me of the Stardust lilas colour. Try it with like, silver boots or jewellery, clash it with chunky chain jewellery, try faded grey denim or other denim shades- though maybe not black in case of colour transfer- wear it with your favourite sneakers or sandals, or a long coat if it's winter, etc. I think the Lagoon works well as a colour pop bag and goes with a lot of potential different outfits, but it depends on your style. And you should feel confident wearing the bag, no matter what outfit. A bag shouldn't make you question yourself.
Thank you for sharing your experience trying it on and these tips!! Much appreciated:smile:

Reactions: bagsamplified
I own and love my nano speedy. I am 52 years old and 5'7". I literally only a card case and my keys. Downsized a long time ago and never looked back. Funny how no one calls a mini camera bag (i.e. gucci mini camera or supermini, or other brand mini bags) a child's bag or child-sized, but I've seen this quite a few times now when it comes to nano speedy, yet they are comparable in size. Just the same as there is a market for medium and large size bags, there is a market for mini bags for minimalists like myself.

What makes the nano speedy a wonderful mini bag are the handles, which many of my other mini bags do not have. I don't feel silly wearing it at all. I adore the crap out of it because it works for me. I owned 2 Birkin 35s, 3 Kellys (28, 32 and 35) and many medium and large Chanel flaps over the years. Best thing now? I could care less about all of those bags. Mine is canvas and I style it with everything. There are only 3 questions to ask yourself: Does the size work for you? Do you LOVE it? Does the color have a place in your wardrobe? The lagoon color is stunning, but I personally fail question 3. I wear a lot of black, red, green (deep gem colors). I personally think the bag will look best worn with summer pastels (at least on top). It would be a statement piece worn with a white top and black pants/skirt for a pretty pop of color. I tend to like to wear colored bags with black and white.

Buy the old model Nano Speedy not the new model, the old model is a lot bigger, it’s like the size in between speedy 20 to Nano Speedy new model and it fits large iPhone

I saw someone IRL carrying the mono Nano Speedy yesterday and it looked fantastic on her. It looks like a toy on me.
I really think it depends on individual physique rather than our heights, preferred outfits, etc because clearly from this thread there are a whole range of people with various heights rocking the NS (and I've seen many on social including @Cathindy looking fabulous with it) but on me it looks silly. It might be the proportions of the bag, because I feel fine with my keepall XS which is longer in length and a bit shorter in height, or Speedy 20. So, people reading this, just like with other bags, don't take it personally if you love your NS and look and feel great with it, but others don't. It's an individual thing :smile: it doesn't mean we think you look silly.

As I said to @Maui528 earlier, a luxe bag with its high cost and work to get it shouldn't make you feel small or question yourself :smile: you should feel confident, happy and excited to wear it. But yes, the Lagoon NS is a beautiful colour and style, and could work with a ton of different outfits. It might take practice or a good afternoon in your wardrobe or a place like Zara with its variety of potential outfit combos, to try it out.

• Love
Reactions: Cathindy
I did consider a nano speedy before, but after seeing the style on a few other ppl, I just realized it isn't for me.

I think it depends on proportions and personal preference. I carry a ProMax phone and don't want to wiggle to put it in or play Tetris. But to style it shouldn't be difficult if you think of it as an accessory rather than a handbag.