MZ Wallace Bags (Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags, Part 2)

I was wondering about the Soho too. So by right Soho should be lighter in weight now?

Wow this Magnet Paige has silver hardware and red lining. Are u considering buying a Paige ?

Talking about new arrivals cranberry lacquer bags/ accessories and dawn lacquer crosby Crossbody is also listed. I wonder are these from past season or recently made? I thought cranberry and dawn lacquer are available for quite a few months already?

I imagine it should be lighter! Since that's the whole selling point of Bedford Air... I'm not sure if MZW's website was updated to reflect any weight difference though, cuz I think it was the same weight in the description when I checked over this past weekend...

Yep, I'm considering adding on a Paige! One of my most functional travel bags, and of the 2 that I have, 1 is in the dreaded Mica Linen (which I never knew was problematic enough that they recalled the bags in that material, so I've had it all these years :sad: )... So I've been on the lookout for another in Bedford, and Magnet was going to be a compromise purchase until I saw the Port Royale which was instant :heart:!

Re: dawn and cranberry lacquer, I think those are the old stock? They seem to be the same styles on the .edu sale...

I received the small Gramercy today yeah for me. I honestly cannot tell is it lighter in weight because of Bedford air material or it's due to the smallish size and minimum hardware and pleats. I do like it. The leather strap fits me well for crossbody wear. But I'm 5'2 only. I can understand on a taller lady it may not lay low enough if one likes their bag to hang low. The nylon strap has a good range - it can adjust to be used as a shoulder bag or crossbody. It's much longer than the leather strap.

If anyone is interested:
- The front compartment does not have any pocket.
- The back compartment has a card pocket on the front and a single flap inside the zip pocket which made the zip pocket to be divided into 2 pockets.
- Bag barely fits my LV Sarah long wallet.

Nice review and details! How does the Bedford Air feel in comparison to regular Bedford? That's nice that they incorporated part of their signature interior pocketing, even in such a small bag, haha... :lol:

One thing I've noticed with the leather straps that they include these days, even in crossbody styles (eg the Downtown Crosby and Tribeca etc), they seem to be meant more as shoulder-carry straps, and not so much crossbody (esp if you're taller and/or larger)... I wonder if that's a deliberate stylistic choice? Their nylon straps have always been pretty generous with the length, though

Reactions: ms p and dcooney4
It's soooo beautiful ♥️ I've always like to see your pics! Port lacquer is very pretty . I live in Singapore and it's sunny all year round. I do wonder am I crazy to like lacquer lol. Maybe in small dose? But I already have dawn lacquer crosby crossbody. I was tempted to try a JJ in black lacquer. But on a typically hot day locally I'm not sure I'd enjoyed it sticking under my arm as a shoulder bag . Port lacquer is definitely on my wishlist now
Maybe a smaller bag like micro Sutton or small Sutton so that if it’s really hot it is not against your skin like a shoulder bag would be.

Reactions: ms p and starkfan
I imagine it should be lighter! Since that's the whole selling point of Bedford Air... I'm not sure if MZW's website was updated to reflect any weight difference though, cuz I think it was the same weight in the description when I checked over this past weekend...

Yep, I'm considering adding on a Paige! One of my most functional travel bags, and of the 2 that I have, 1 is in the dreaded Mica Linen (which I never knew was problematic enough that they recalled the bags in that material, so I've had it all these years :sad: )... So I've been on the lookout for another in Bedford, and Magnet was going to be a compromise purchase until I saw the Port Royale which was instant :heart:!

Re: dawn and cranberry lacquer, I think those are the old stock? They seem to be the same styles on the .edu sale...

Nice review and details! How does the Bedford Air feel in comparison to regular Bedford? That's nice that they incorporated part of their signature interior pocketing, even in such a small bag, haha... :lol:

One thing I've noticed with the leather straps that they include these days, even in crossbody styles (eg the Downtown Crosby and Tribeca etc), they seem to be meant more as shoulder-carry straps, and not so much crossbody (esp if you're taller and/or larger)... I wonder if that's a deliberate stylistic choice? Their nylon straps have always been pretty generous with the length, though

Paige is my fav too :smile: I have the mulberry Paige it's such a great size.

I cannot really tell any much difference between the 2 Bedford.

Reactions: starkfan
I received the small Gramercy today yeah for me. I honestly cannot tell is it lighter in weight because of Bedford air material or it's due to the smallish size and minimum hardware and pleats. I do like it. The leather strap fits me well for crossbody wear. But I'm 5'2 only. I can understand on a taller lady it may not lay low enough if one likes their bag to hang low. The nylon strap has a good range - it can adjust to be used as a shoulder bag or crossbody. It's much longer than the leather strap.

If anyone is interested:
- The back compartment has a card pocket on the front and a single flap inside the zip pocket which made the zip pocket to be divided into 2 pockets.

Oooh I like this. Do you think you could fit a mini pochette or something similar in with the Sarah wallet? Does a phone fit in the outer pocket? Thanks!

Got too excited and forgot to quote.

If anyone is interested:
Does the front pocket hold a Max sized iPhone?
What is the length of your long wallet?
Have you used the leather strap yet? Wondering if it just feels to narrow for the bag.