My new ring!!!!

Candice,

I also may do a thread on pricescope of the making of my ring,too. It's incredible to watch how Mike takes those bars of metal and creates something so beautiful!! I can pm you to let you know when I post the thread if you like. But, ( not to hijack my own thread ) in the meantime here is the sketch Mike did for my ring!!! Metals are platinum and 18kt rose gold, pink diamonds are mine plus 5 more Arglye pinks, white diamonds are all ideal cut D,E. Totally hand forged.

sure that would be amazing! send me a PM when it's done :smile:

o...m...g that is going to be breathtaking!! I was drooling over the video of his "blossom ring" on his website yesterday lol

That blossom ring is unbelievably gorgeous,isn't it ??!! Mine will be no where near as large!! We are going with about a nickel size so as not to overwhelm my little pink diamond and my short little fingers. I also wanted to be able to wear it a lot and I don't live in an area where people wear a lot of over the top bling. I am truly honored that Mike took on my project and I can't wait to meet him and his twin brother and father, and, of course, pick up my ring-Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That blossom ring is unbelievably gorgeous,isn't it ??!! Mine will be no where near as large!! We are going with about a nickel size so as not to overwhelm my little pink diamond and my short little fingers. I also wanted to be able to wear it a lot and I don't live in an area where people wear a lot of over the top bling. I am truly honored that Mike took on my project and I can't wait to meet him and his twin brother and father, and, of course, pick up my ring-Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so exciting!

I love your new garnet ring! makes me crave something minty :graucho: did you buy the stone loose? if so where?

so exciting!

I love your new garnet ring! makes me crave something minty :graucho: did you buy the stone loose? if so where?

thanks! Yes, I bought the stone loose from Peter Torraca. He's a precision cutter who went to Tanzania and picked out all his rough himself.

eta- it's hard to find the the blue tinted mints these days-seems lots more are the yellowish green- so you need to specify that you want the blue component.

Thank you!

You're welcome!! I know he has a couple of Merelani Mints on his website, but I think they have more yellow in them than mine does. If you're interested send him an email to see if he has anymore rough to cut that has more blue in it if you like that shading.

thanks! Yes, I bought the stone loose from Peter Torraca. He's a precision cutter who went to Tanzania and picked out all his rough himself.

eta- it's hard to find the the blue tinted mints these days-seems lots more are the yellowish green- so you need to specify that you want the blue component.

ok good to know I might contact him and see what he has in stock :biggrin:

thanks!

ok good to know I might contact him and see what he has in stock :biggrin:

thanks!

Candace- if you really want a Merelani Mint I thought of someone else you could try,too. Hunt Country Jewelers in Virginia. I had just started to talk with them about custom making a setting for mine when I ran into the setting I purchased. I know they brought some Merelani Mint rough back with them from Tanzania a few months ago. Claire facets the gemstones herself and some of the cuts are really pretty. I don't know what they have or even if they sell the gemstones loose, but here's a picture of one they just cut and made into a ring. It's 1.57cts (I don't know price) and the color on my monitior looks very pretty. They recently posted this picture on their Facebook page.

Attachments

• 598659_10151264199376239_40315163_n.jpg
    598659_10151264199376239_40315163_n.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 148