My New LV Wallet (and I'm a guy) : Opinions Needed!

oh i love it! so does my boyfriend, btw. (he is straight) although, he says he likes his mandarin epi organizer wallet the best bc its so slim and streamlined with plenty of slots.

very nice wallet! I think you should get the speedy too. Feel confident and wear what pleases you. We only have one life to live and you shouldnt waste it on what other's think. Create your own style!!

very nice wallet! I think you should get the speedy too. Feel confident and wear what pleases you. We only have one life to live and you shouldnt waste it on what other's think. Create your own style!!

I sure will get the Speedy! Do they have one in size 40? I think I'll buy the classic keepall 55 with strap first tho.

Hiya All,

This is my first post here on tPF and hope to soon become an established member!

Anyway, my purpose here today is to show you off my new Portefeuille Accordeon wallet in brown colour. I bought it from my usual LV store at the Emporium mall in Bangkok (I'm from Thailand).

Photographs of my wallet can be found at this website http://picasaweb.google.com/Ben.Chav/MyNewLVWallet

I've decided to buy this wallet because it'll be my first "long" wallet and the palladium silver chain looks very cool and practical. My current 2 year-old Prada zipper wallet is getting old and tired + smelly - so it is time for the LV to replace it.

The price paid for this wallet is 24,600 Thai Baht or roughly US$700, the most expensive wallet I've ever purchased. The particular version I bought (Taiga line in brown) was also slightly more expensive than the monogram and damier counterparts - but I love the clean non pretentious look of Taiga leather. The question for you guys is:

- Am I insane to have paid US$ 700 for a wallet :nuts:
- I'm gay, but will this "long" wallet type makes me even gayer? :yahoo:

All in all, I am loving my new wallet to death. Anyone looking to buy another wallet like mine will appreciate the following practical features:

- chain to attach to your trouser
- 6 credit-card slots
- lots of portions for receipts and paper
- coin zipper
- "different" style/look especially for men
- it's gorgeously beauitful + masculine (?)

Please comment and give opinions. Thanks!

:heart:
xx,
Ben

Welcome Ben!! I think your wallet is awesome! Congratulations on your purchase!!

Its a great wallet, I really liked it but for me it just wasnt practical. I have had a utah compact wallet for a while now and for me it works I dont know that I could get used to a long wallet, as for paying 700 dollars my utah wallet cost what I thought was a fourtune at the time for a wallet when I bought it a few years ago but If you love it its worth it. I agree with everyone else the wallet in that finish is definitely meant to be a man's wallet

I really like your new wallet.

I wouldn't worry about spending the money. It's a quality product that will last for years. I think we should all buy what we love. If you can afford the cost, then go for it.

If I was a man I would be buying plenty of wallets and also the wonderful range of "man bags"! So just go for what you like and may you have many happy years of good use out of your new LV!:tup: