My New Custom Emerald Pendant

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. You are a sweetheart, thank you so much xx

2. We just returned from a trip to Columbia. I, too, am not a big fan of the dark green color, and I never owned not one emerald until this latest trip. The color of the stone that called out my name is rather light, and I just had to have it. After actually wearing it for a while, I am beginning to take notice of all emeralds and am beginning to appreciate the beauty in every stone. OP, your stone is just beautiful, and I am glad that you posted a picture of this stunning piece in a perfect simple setting. I am not going to hijack your thread, but if you want to see mine, I'll post a picture. Thank you for sharing your experience with that beautiful emerald.

Candice0985 likes this.
  3. Please do! I would love to see a picture!

4. #19 May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Candice...Here is my cutie...not anywhere near as spectacular as yours..:heart: It is just over 2 carats and is not oiled. But I love the simplicity of it and the light color. We had fun buying it in the Walled City. 20190505_094948.jpg

5. it's beautiful and looks to be a very nice quality emerald! I love the blue tone in the emerald, and also love that it's bezel set. I wanted to bezel set my two pendants but the goldsmith didn't feel comfortable creating bezels on emeralds (because of the chance of cracking an internal fracture) so we went with a prong set instead.

Compass Rose likes this.
  6. Loving your emerald necklace. I'm completely addicted (obsessed?? lol) to emeralds at the moment. I love green and I got a pendant custom made. I had my jeweller bring in emeralds which were around 1 carat, but I wanted top clarity and no enhancements. The one thing I find hard with emeralds is to get the clarity right. It is surrounded with diamond baguettes for an art deco feel in platinum.
    I've asked him to look into getting two matching pair emeralds, emerald cut around 1 ct each for a pair of earrings at the Hong Kong fair this week.
    Thank you for sharing your emeralds and thank you for letting me share. I totally love emeralds and I wish there was a thread dedicated just to them!

Attached Files:

7. Just gorgeous!
    And love all the emeralds!!

sgj99 and JessicaRabbit1 like this.
  8. I couldny find an emerald thread... so I created on specifically for emeralds :smile:

9. So glad you did! I only own one, and that is the piece I posted above. I never gravitated toward them, but this one just called to me when we were in the Walled City, and I had to have it.

JessicaRabbit1 likes this.
  10. thank you. yours is stunning and it looks amazing on you :smile: I only have one as well haha. hoping to get some emerald earring studs at some point. :smile:xx

11. That is one of the prettiest emeralds I've ever seen. Congrats!
    How did your trip at the Hong Kong fair go?

JessicaRabbit1 likes this.
  12. Thank you! I was rather fastidious about what emerald I chose. I wanted a specific one and Im so glad someone was able to find one for me. I was one of those "annoying" customers haha!

The person I asked to source some emeralds for earrings went to Hong Kong for a number of his clients. He had a look for me but I couldn't find what I was after. He sent me some photos (attached) of some of the possibilities, but I wasn't 100% happy so I decided to not go ahead with them. When I spoke to him, he said he can get some specifically cut for me, which is what I decided to do. Id like them to be quite clear as that is what I like the most. Id rather do it once and do it right, and keep them forever :smile:

Below are some pictures of the emeralds he sent me from Hong Kong :smile:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      75.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      70.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      81.5 KB
      Views:
    Miss Happy likes this.
  13. Hey Candice, amazing choice of gemstone. Emerald in gold is a brilliant combination. The piece looks perfect and definitely kudos to the goldsmith.