My new and first Coach baby

Ordering the rogue and then the rest of this year and some of next year I will be on a no buy

Careful! Those are famous last words uttered by nearly everyone on TPF lol.

I would go for the Regular size rogue imho. It's weighty but when carried on the shoulder it's not noticeable at all. It fits my iPad Pro (9.7 in) in the side pockets but sticks out a little in the middle section.

Ughhh I'm gonna try. This is such an expensive addiction :angel:

Take a look at the "final call" bags on the Coach website. The retail price on the Brooklyn Carryall 34 is $595 and it is available in black for 30% off until September 29.

It is a satchel and it has a center section but it looks roomy. I think that the Carryall 34 is a bit larger than the regular-sized rogue, but you'd need to confirm that.

I find it helpful to take a ruler and piece of paper and try to draw out the height and width and depth dimensions listed for a bag; it helps me understand the approximate sizing better. I think that the rogue 25 may be too small for what you have in mind - although it is a beautiful bag.

Is there a coach retail store near you? If you like the appearance of the bag you can go in and look at the Brooklyn Carryall 34 and they may be able to get it for you at the 30% off since they are on the final call sale.

Have you registered for the Factory Online Sale yet? If these bags are being deleted from the coach web site on Sept 29 perhaps they may start showing up on the FOS and at the outlets soon, unless they sell out before that.

http://www.coach.com/shop/final-call

Last edited:
I thought all the factory outlet bags are less quality than the regular line!

Most of them are. The majority of bags and items sold on the FOS and at the outlets are what we call Made for Factory (or MFFs) and they are a lower cost, less expensive line of items. Still nice bags but usually not as detailed, finely made, or high-quality as the retail bags.

But Coach periodically uses their FOS sales and the outlet stores to sell overstock for discontinued bags; here on TPF we refer to them as FP deletes.

When they are listed on the FOS they are often in a section called "Coach Reserve". At the outlets, they are usually all in one area and called "limited quanties, flagship bags". If the bag doesn't sell out as a reserve or flagship bag it may be marked down and moved to clearance and then you might be able to get it very cheaply.

Not all outlets are treated equally, and some seem to get more FP deletes than other stores. There are 2 outlets near me and one of them usually has a better selection. Also, Coach has been less willing to deeply discount bags quickly in recent months and not too many 1941 items have been making their way to the outlets and they are often excluded from other sales as well.

But sometimes you get lucky, in August I got the regular Rogue Satchel in Dark Denim and gold for $318 (retail = $795) and I love it!

I was at my local outlet on Sunday and they had a nice selection of FP deletes (including a few 1941 items) for 20% plus 50% off (approximately 60% discount) see the pics at the link below.

But waiting for a sale or the outlet is chancy, if you really want a bag you might miss it. I have so many Coach bags now (most of them bought on sale) that I am usually willing to take my chances and wait for a better price. But you are a new Coachie so it is probably not as easy to take the risk of not getting a bag you want.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/outlet-spy-pics.960394/page-24#post-31686561

Last edited:
Reactions: Suzanne B.
You need to be a savvy and informed shopper if you want to find coach bags at discounted prices on the FOS, at the outlets, and at department stores. You may want to browse the thread at the link below. The first few posts are a summary of traditional information about Coach markings and grades of products, and much of the information is still accurate, but as you go through the thread you will see that Coach has gotten more erratic with their labeling in recent years. Sometimes they don't put a style number on the creed patch and the number is on a flimsy tag inside the pocket. And 1941 items may have a generic (nonsence) number on the creed patch!

Some Coachies don't want to put a lot of effort into trying to score big discounts, or they want to have the newest styles while they are still new and not last season, or they don't want to miss out on a bag that they really desire - and I completely understand that! But I enjoy the "thrill of the hunt" and the opportunity to own more FP delete bags because I've gotten them at a discount. And like I said, I already have too many bags so I can usually afford to relax and wait!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/guide-for-coach-product-grades-and-markings.738785/

Last edited:
Reactions: Suzanne B.