My nails are nearly perfect, but why?

Peeling.....cracking....splitting......breaking......ugh. Just ugh. I am going through all of this. My last hope is ordering a glass buffer and glass file from Amazon and using them on my newly trimmed down to the shortest length possible nails in hopes of starting over. I think this happens to me every winter. So, when they are all on the mend, I expect every single one of them to be absolutely perfect in every way.

Peeling.....cracking....splitting......breaking......ugh. Just ugh. I am going through all of this. My last hope is ordering a glass buffer and glass file from Amazon and using them on my newly trimmed down to the shortest length possible nails in hopes of starting over. I think this happens to me every winter. So, when they are all on the mend, I expect every single one of them to be absolutely perfect in every way.

Please be mindful of the glass buffer. I use a glass file & my nails are fine
You may want to consider a treatment for your nails & perhaps a good soak in olive oil (it works wonders)
& you are right they will come back to life

Please be mindful of the glass buffer. I use a glass file & my nails are fine
You may want to consider a treatment for your nails & perhaps a good soak in olive oil (it works wonders)
& you are right they will come back to life
I know! It makes my nails shine like crazy, but too much buffing will buff off a layer of nail, and that is even worse....so I plan on using the buffer maybe once every two weeks or less.......

Absolutely slather them with lotion, they will be great I don't buff--I do like the shine but a layer is being rubbed off each time (like polishing jewelry--looks great but the metal is being rubbed away). And wear gloves or mittens; it can be a pain to dig them out each time I leave the house but I do.

Reactions: Compass Rose