My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

I'm back guys! I'm thinking about finally getting the back of my head improved.
I just had a consultation with Line Plastic Surgery located in California. It seems like a nice place, but the quote I got was for $9500... If I factor in food, flight and airbnb costs, I'm looking at an $11000+ price tag. Pretty disappointed to be honest. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to travel all the way to South Korea again, but right now it looks like it may be the best option. I've been in touch with Jogak and still have to get a quote from them, but I'm assuming the price will be $6,000 again. Total will be around $9200 for food, flight and airbnb there. I don't know what to do :sad:

Do you guys think I should try to haggle with Line? I don't know if that is even a thing when it comes to this kinda stuff and I don't want to come off like an ******* to the people who would be helping me out in the end. I just really don't want to go back to South Korea if I don't have to.

I've attached some pics of my head for reference. I'm trying to improve the appearance of the flat area on the right side of the back of my head near my cowlick.

Attachments

• back of head1.PNG
    back of head1.PNG
    264.9 KB · Views: 63
  • back of head6.png
    back of head6.png
    237.4 KB · Views: 65
  • top view.PNG
    top view.PNG
    607.4 KB · Views: 65
I'm back guys! I'm thinking about finally getting the back of my head improved.
I just had a consultation with Line Plastic Surgery located in California. It seems like a nice place, but the quote I got was for $9500... If I factor in food, flight and airbnb costs, I'm looking at an $11000+ price tag. Pretty disappointed to be honest. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to travel all the way to South Korea again, but right now it looks like it may be the best option. I've been in touch with Jogak and still have to get a quote from them, but I'm assuming the price will be $6,000 again. Total will be around $9200 for food, flight and airbnb there. I don't know what to do :sad:

Do you guys think I should try to haggle with Line? I don't know if that is even a thing when it comes to this kinda stuff and I don't want to come off like an ******* to the people who would be helping me out in the end. I just really don't want to go back to South Korea if I don't have to.

I've attached some pics of my head for reference. I'm trying to improve the appearance of the flat area on the right side of the back of my head near my cowlick.

I personally think you look fine. If you were to cut your hair and bring the hairline on the back up a bit, it would look rounder. It only looks a hit flat because your hairline is lower making the area larger and thus looks a bit flat. But as you can see from an angle it’s fine. Also, not sure what you meant by going back to Korea. Were you there before?

I personally think you look fine. If you were to cut your hair and bring the hairline on the back up a bit, it would look rounder. It only looks a hit flat because your hairline is lower making the area larger and thus looks a bit flat. But as you can see from an angle it’s fine. Also, not sure what you meant by going back to Korea. Were you there before?
Thanks, but I'm done wearing my hair in certain ways to try and hide a skull deformity. I can assure you, from certain angles the flatness is very apparent and I've received comments about it throughout my life. I'll attach two more profile view pics to maybe give you a better understanding. And yeah I've already been to Korea. If you look through some of the older posts in this thread, I got this procedure done on my forehead already.

Also I got my quote from Jogak and am set to have my 2nd procedure in June! Ended up being $5500. Very excited.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220526-122733_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220526-122733_Gallery.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20220526-122721_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220526-122721_Gallery.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Jo-Tchong and Kurdo
Thanks, but I'm done wearing my hair in certain ways to try and hide a skull deformity. I can assure you, from certain angles the flatness is very apparent and I've received comments about it throughout my life. I'll attach two more profile view pics to maybe give you a better understanding. And yeah I've already been to Korea. If you look through some of the older posts in this thread, I got this procedure done on my forehead already.

Also I got my quote from Jogak and am set to have my 2nd procedure in June! Ended up being $5500. Very excited.

ah, yes. I have the same thing where the right side is flatter. I do vaguely recall your posts but it’s been a while. Do you or anyone else here happen to know how long the bone cement lasts? I’ve read on Google searches that it’s 10-20 years. Does it mean you’ll have to replace it every so often, or does it last a lifetime?

ah, yes. I have the same thing where the right side is flatter. I do vaguely recall your posts but it’s been a while. Do you or anyone else here happen to know how long the bone cement lasts? I’ve read on Google searches that it’s 10-20 years. Does it mean you’ll have to replace it every so often, or does it last a lifetime?
It lasts a lifetime so says the plastic surgeons I've spoken with.

Reactions: Jo-Tchong and Kurdo
yes it lasts a lifetime, at least for aesthetic head surgery (confirmed by Song and also appears in Eppley's Q&A). The reason you would remove/change it would be if you're not satisfied with the result or if complications/discomfort happen (but rare)
I think the 20 years lifespan is valid for other applications or other types of surgeries (PMMA has a wide range of applications)

Reactions: Kurdo

Hey. I am very intrigued because Im interested in the same surgery (forehead augmentation with bone cement or fat grat, thinking of pros and cons first). Did you use bone cement in your forehead? How long ago? How was you experience, and also like can you feel the edge of the bone cement where it ends?

Unfortunately I cant go to Korea due to country restrictions and I need this surgery badly so there's nothing I can do but to spend that extra money and go to Line PS.

Hey. I am very intrigued because Im interested in the same surgery (forehead augmentation with bone cement or fat grat, thinking of pros and cons first). Did you use bone cement in your forehead? How long ago? How was you experience, and also like can you feel the edge of the bone cement where it ends?

Unfortunately I cant go to Korea due to country restrictions and I need this surgery badly so there's nothing I can do but to spend that extra money and go to Line PS.
Yeah I got bone cement in 2020 and the experience was great. If you want more details look at some of my older posts in this thread.

The bone cement is indistinguishable from my skull. I can't see or feel the edges.

Reactions: dpnot and Jo-Tchong
Yeah I got bone cement in 2020 and the experience was great. If you want more details look at some of my older posts in this thread.

The bone cement is indistinguishable from my skull. I can't see or feel the edges.
Yeah I read them I was just curious about how your forehead was holding up so far, I want that surgery so bad. But Line PS charges around 7k for it last time I asked and I can't afford that and skull augmentation combined lol it's just way too much. So I'm waiting for visa free or at least just k-eta to be available again so I can maybe plan my dates there.

Curious: what do you guys wear after surgery and for the first few days with the cast on? Did you walk around with cast showing or wore a beanie/hat? I figured beanie would be good for cold weather but not during Summer (although you only need it to get from the clinic to hotel).