My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

Hello I have a question regarding skull reduction. My head is huge compared to my body. It is 59 cm circumference with the occipital area little bit bigger than usual. I was looking for a skull reduction and found Dr Eppley in the US but I live in Spain so it is a bit far from me. I have also read a lot of bad reviews on Dr Eppley.
I found Dr Dunaway in the UK and mailed him and he said they could do the procedure but I have not found any online reviews on this particular procedure that I want to do. (Occipital reduction). Can anyone help me with tips or recommendations for what to do?
Dr Dunaway charges a fortune, plus like you said, there is hardly any review can be found online

Dr Dunaway charges a fortune, plus like you said, there is hardly any review can be found online
Dr Dunaway cost around 10k euro for this procedure, compared to Dr Eppley who would cost around 12k dollars. So yeah it is a lot but around the same price range as Eppley. Do you have any other recommendations with a Dr that has previous reviews aswell?
Thank you

Wow looks like my reply to you got deleted. My reason for not going to Korea is because my country is still on the suspended list and it would be incredibly difficult for me to get a visa as I am already currently really busy. I've heard about people enrolling in classes in Korea so they can have an excuse to issue a visa and then dropping out later, that would already cost me the same if I go to LA. Plus there's no definite date when visa-free flights will be available again and I have to tie my hair up every day soon which would make it really hard to hide the flatness.

Sadly price increased and just like someone else in this forum, I was also quoted $9500.

I am so sad the price increased so much, this surgery was realistically affordable for me, but now it's too much because of currency conversion. I would rather fly to america for this surgery with this much price increase... Went from 6mil won to 9.5kusd. That is almost double...

Last edited:
Reactions: dpnot
I am so sad the price increased so much, this surgery was realistically affordable for me, but now it's too much because of currency conversion. I would rather fly to america for this surgery with this much price increase... Went from 6mil won to 9.5kusd. That is almost double...
This price is for Line PS in Los Angeles not dr Song in Korea

Reactions: jason748
Hi mate, any update ? Did you get your surgery done ?

Hi everyone,
Here is some pics of me Before & after the surgery. I Am now back to my country and i am very happy and satisfied about the results! No side effects no tumors, no discomfort, literally nothing.The procedures in Korea are very smooth. starting from the airport to the clinic. All you have to do is to make a decision and go to Dr. Song without hesitation because, frankly speaking he’s a great doctor very professional and he knows what to do, and the results are always impressive!! Any further questions feel free to ask me :smile: Greetings

Attachments

• 5F5F6088-DDAC-4E60-9614-8B6B2350EC4A.jpeg
    5F5F6088-DDAC-4E60-9614-8B6B2350EC4A.jpeg
    914.3 KB · Views: 120
  • D6D622A1-EE88-4FD3-A3E9-F0B504C99325.jpeg
    D6D622A1-EE88-4FD3-A3E9-F0B504C99325.jpeg
    872.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 96E96EE9-3E0B-41F0-92C8-62C363D63C21.jpeg
    96E96EE9-3E0B-41F0-92C8-62C363D63C21.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 330E5B64-1EF5-442E-94F0-A4D6D0D18742.jpeg
    330E5B64-1EF5-442E-94F0-A4D6D0D18742.jpeg
    788 KB · Views: 114
  • 45379A82-A671-4F4C-81AB-BFEC16FE177D.jpeg
    45379A82-A671-4F4C-81AB-BFEC16FE177D.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 117
Hi everyone,
Here is some pics of me Before & after the surgery. I Am now back to my country and i am very happy and satisfied about the results! No side effects no tumors, no discomfort, literally nothing.The procedures in Korea are very smooth. starting from the airport to the clinic. All you have to do is to make a decision and go to Dr. Song without hesitation because, frankly speaking he’s a great doctor very professional and he knows what to do, and the results are always impressive!! Any further questions feel free to ask me :smile: Greetings
Congrats mate! You can definitely see the difference and it looks very natural, as if it was always there.
I did have a question, I’m planning on going alone, do you think I can get back to my hotel by myself? Dr Song said it shouldn’t be an issue, but I wanted to get the input from some that did it themselves, did you travel alone?

Reactions: Kurdo
Congrats mate! You can definitely see the difference and it looks very natural, as if it was always there.
I did have a question, I’m planning on going alone, do you think I can get back to my hotel by myself? Dr Song said it shouldn’t be an issue, but I wanted to get the input from some that did it themselves, did you travel alone?
Thanks man! Yes sure you can definitely do it alone as I did! I underwent the surgery which it took 50mins and waited in the next room for like 30mins, and then dressed up and walked out the clinic alone! I hadn’t any problems so I decided to take the Metro from Gangnam station to Dongdaemun-gu where’s my hotel was located and went straight to an Korean restaurant and had delicious food . Try to find a hotel nearby shops/restaurants coz first 3/4 days you have the bandage wearing on and you’ll take antibiotics so you only need to go out for daily meals and come back to rest. After 7 days since the surgery, I started to go out and met a lot of people from different countries and partied with in Itaewon and Hongdae districts! So yeah man all is possible by yourself :smile: Good luck

Reactions: Jo-Tchong
Thanks bro. I’ve found a hotel with a kitchenette, so i can cook for myself during those few days while I rest and for the rest of the time I’ll be treating it as holiday as my stay in Korea is 17 days. Just waiting until I can get my second dose and I'm off to Korea.

So guys, need your opinion on whether I should get this done or not. This is something that I’ve been very conscious with and definitely has affected my confidence, and I’m a pretty confident guy. Just things like swimming, wearing a helmet, etc., are things I don’t feel comfortable doing. Haircuts are always a bit nerve racking. For the most parts, things have been good and I can’t say that it has affected my life much. I go about my days just fine. Sometimes though, I can’t help but think how much better it would be not having to worry about it.

My head shape is such that it is round on the left and flattens as it goes to the right. I had a haircut yesterday and for some reason, the barber used something different than usual (razor vs scissors on the entire backside). He must have be distracted or something. Anyway, it made the back look flat. Went back to fix it and he apologized for it. It should grow back in a few days and look better. It’s been a long time since I last had a haircut that made me that self conscious. The ordeal made me really think hard about the procedure. I had planned on traveling end of May and having a terrible haircut makes me hesitant to do so. In that way, it does affect my life. I threw out the question to my barber and he said I shouldn’t do it as it’s fine. It’s really not “that bad” but it sometimes does affect things for the reasons I mentioned above.

I know that ultimately, it is up to me. But I wanted to get your thoughts on it. Perhaps it would help me with my decision.

Thank you,
K

So guys, need your opinion on whether I should get this done or not. This is something that I’ve been very conscious with and definitely has affected my confidence, and I’m a pretty confident guy. Just things like swimming, wearing a helmet, etc., are things I don’t feel comfortable doing. Haircuts are always a bit nerve racking. For the most parts, things have been good and I can’t say that it has affected my life much. I go about my days just fine. Sometimes though, I can’t help but think how much better it would be not having to worry about it.

My head shape is such that it is round on the left and flattens as it goes to the right. I had a haircut yesterday and for some reason, the barber used something different than usual (razor vs scissors on the entire backside). He must have be distracted or something. Anyway, it made the back look flat. Went back to fix it and he apologized for it. It should grow back in a few days and look better. It’s been a long time since I last had a haircut that made me that self conscious. The ordeal made me really think hard about the procedure. I had planned on traveling end of May and having a terrible haircut makes me hesitant to do so. In that way, it does affect my life. I threw out the question to my barber and he said I shouldn’t do it as it’s fine. It’s really not “that bad” but it sometimes does affect things for the reasons I mentioned above.

I know that ultimately, it is up to me. But I wanted to get your thoughts on it. Perhaps it would help me with my decision.

Thank you,
K

If it bothers you then, get it done.
Simple as that.

Reactions: Jo-Tchong and Kurdo

Thank you,
K
You’re right, it does boils down to you, as ultimately only you can asses if it’s worth it. I disagree with it being as simple as if it bothers you, get it done. You have to take in to consideration the fact that at the end of the day it’s a foreign substance entering your body for the rest of your life. You need to read up on the material (MMA) and see studies and papers around the use of it , especially in relation to skull Augmentation and weight the risks, as small as they may be, to rewards. You need to accommodate your post surgery lifestyle to make sure you’re not finding yourself in situations where that area is constantly experiencing force applied to it, for example if you play American football, or in my case boxing, you have to work around that. In your personal situation I think it’s best to first realise that there no perfection and chasing it is not not helpful. personally I’m not looking for those completely round and pronounced back of head look, as i personally don’t like that look, but some do want that, but they have to realise there is limitations to this sort of surgery. If you understand this part, whether you go ahead with the surgery or not, you would be much better off than if you didn’t. Whatever you decide, good luck with it.

You’re right, it does boils down to you, as ultimately only you can asses if it’s worth it. I disagree with it being as simple as if it bothers you, get it done. You have to take in to consideration the fact that at the end of the day it’s a foreign substance entering your body for the rest of your life. You need to read up on the material (MMA) and see studies and papers around the use of it , especially in relation to skull Augmentation and weight the risks, as small as they may be, to rewards. You need to accommodate your post surgery lifestyle to make sure you’re not finding yourself in situations where that area is constantly experiencing force applied to it, for example if you play American football, or in my case boxing, you have to work around that. In your personal situation I think it’s best to first realise that there no perfection and chasing it is not not helpful. personally I’m not looking for those completely round and pronounced back of head look, as i personally don’t like that look, but some do want that, but they have to realise there is limitations to this sort of surgery. If you understand this part, whether you go ahead with the surgery or not, you would be much better off than if you didn’t. Whatever you decide, good luck with it.

If you want to keep thinking about it then do it but, it won't help you.
You either do it or don't.
My guess is, if you need to think about it that much then don't do it.. simple, don't complicate things.