My first Mulberry- Billie in charcoal

trigirl

In the Shadows
O.G.
Jun 24, 2007
Hi all! I’ve always loved the look of Mulberry bags and I finally just purchased my first one! Growing weary of lack of quality of LV canvas so here I am. I’ve avoided leather bags for years because of the weight but this one is so lightweight. I almost returned it for black but I think it looks great in charcoal. This color looks sharp with creams and taupes so need to add some more colors other than black and navy into my wardrobe.

IMG_3534.jpeg

IMG_3535.jpeg

Hi all! I’ve always loved the look of Mulberry bags and I finally just purchased my first one! Growing weary of lack of quality of LV canvas so here I am. I’ve avoided leather bags for years because of the weight but this one is so lightweight. I almost returned it for black but I think it looks great in charcoal. This color looks sharp with creams and taupes so need to add some more colors other than black and navy into my wardrobe.

View attachment 5849717

View attachment 5849718
That’s a lovely colour and the contrast stitching gives it a premium flair. X

View attachment 5849717

View attachment 5849718
Hi. I am thinking of buying a Billie but have seen some reviews online about the clasp / strap not being very secure and coming out. I’m not sure if the individuals were putting heavy items in the bag. I would be interested to know how you found it? Many thanks.

Hi. I am thinking of buying a Billie but have seen some reviews online about the clasp / strap not being very secure and coming out. I’m not sure if the individuals were putting heavy items in the bag. I would be interested to know how you found it? Many thanks.
Oh no! I just got a Billie in chalk. The chain attached to the padlock does look flimsy and I can imagine it easily coming off. But it still keeps the straps secure, you just have the chain dangling. I have older Mulberry bags that have a padlock (without the chain) and will probably switch it out. They used to give spare padlocks at the store if you requested. Not sure if they still do it.

Last edited:

View attachment 5849717

View attachment 5849718
Love how your Billie is crafted in the heavy leather. I found a Billie in pigment blue during the recent sale, and it's the silky leather variety which shows every bend, scratch and scuff and I'm not a fan of it, so it's going back.