My cat ate my Borough!!!!!!

Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh. :nogood:

I agree that snipping the ends and re-sealing them would work (and probably would come out looking nicely finished). But the problem that remains is whether or not it would bother you long-term that the strips would be a little shorter. Yes, cutting all tassels to the same length and re-sealing may come out looking as good as new. But what I'm saying is, would visually seeing any difference from the original, still bother you?

And then of course there would be the same concern if you'd simply remove the tassels. I mean, yes, I realize it probably sounds frivolous to some, but there IS something to be said for ease-of-the-mind, IF looking at it and constantly seeing the difference would be a source of irritation. Isn't that why people usually recommend, "Choose the one you want most, so that you're not always looking at a replacement and wishing?"

If you think doing a 'half-fix' (for lack of a better phrase) would be a constant source of irritation, then having Coach replace them would be the better way to go. Even if it costs a little more.

I'm soooo sorry about your borough! I'd see if the pulls could get trimmed and sealed at a leather / shoe repair shop would definitely be worth it! Or---- see if they can add nickel tabs that's cover up the cat's snacking marks??? I wonder if they could do that, to keep the length in tact while covering the marks???

Oh, that naughty cat! I love 'em, but they are so mischievous! I might first try Coach, and if that was a wash, go the cobbler route. I've had a bag fixed by them, and it was great....loved your mod shot of this bag..did you snap before or after??:biggrin:

Thank you. Mod shot was before I noticed anything. I don't know how I missed it, but noticed it when I got in the car and there wasn't any time in between.

Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh. :nogood:

I agree that snipping the ends and re-sealing them would work (and probably would come out looking nicely finished). But the problem that remains is whether or not it would bother you long-term that the strips would be a little shorter. Yes, cutting all tassels to the same length and re-sealing may come out looking as good as new. But what I'm saying is, would visually seeing any difference from the original, still bother you?

And then of course there would be the same concern if you'd simply remove the tassels. I mean, yes, I realize it probably sounds frivolous to some, but there IS something to be said for ease-of-the-mind, IF looking at it and constantly seeing the difference would be a source of irritation. Isn't that why people usually recommend, "Choose the one you want most, so that you're not always looking at a replacement and wishing?"

If you think doing a 'half-fix' (for lack of a better phrase) would be a constant source of irritation, then having Coach replace them would be the better way to go. Even if it costs a little more.

I don't think a "half fix" would bother me and I don't plan on selling this bag. I will try to be crafty or find a cobbler.

Thank you ladies!!!! I snipped an end just now and I don't think it looks odd at all!!! I just need the edge paint to seal it.

Look at all if you making me into a crafty person!!!!! LOL.ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406398455.683790.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1406398469.360669.jpg

Your snipping job looks perfect. :smile: Nice work!

I was afraid to open this thread for the longest time because of the title, and because I have cats. !!! My dear little kitty, Juno, was 15 years old when he joined the Rainbow Bridge last September, and he was always so cute and curious about my new bags, and always wanted to join in on photo reveals. :smile: He was very gentle around them, though -- like he knew it was a "no no" to go past a certain point. !!

My younger cats, Ziggy and Marley, are adorable, but I have to watch Ziggy. Marley is more interested in the paper shopping bags and the strings on the dustbags, but Ziggy....whoa! He likes leather. He's so cute but I really have to watch him. One time I was organizing my closet and I turned around and he had the strap of a brand new leather bag in his mouth, chomping away. I screamed in surprise, he ran off the bed, and I inspected the damage. Luckily, I caught him very early -- just a couple minor puncture wounds. But still, it was enough to make me paranoid. Now, when I take home a new bag, I shut the bedroom door behind me and leave him out!!! He's a sweetie but can be a mischievous little scoundrel!!

Your snipping job looks perfect. :smile: Nice work!

I was afraid to open this thread for the longest time because of the title, and because I have cats. !!! My dear little kitty, Juno, was 15 years old when he joined the Rainbow Bridge last September, and he was always so cute and curious about my new bags, and always wanted to join in on photo reveals. :smile: He was very gentle around them, though -- like he knew it was a "no no" to go past a certain point. !!

My younger cats, Ziggy and Marley, are adorable, but I have to watch Ziggy. Marley is more interested in the paper shopping bags and the strings on the dustbags, but Ziggy....whoa! He likes leather. He's so cute but I really have to watch him. One time I was organizing my closet and I turned around and he had the strap of a brand new leather bag in his mouth, chomping away. I screamed in surprise, he ran off the bed, and I inspected the damage. Luckily, I caught him very early -- just a couple minor puncture wounds. But still, it was enough to make me paranoid. Now, when I take home a new bag, I shut the bedroom door behind me and leave him out!!! He's a sweetie but can be a mischievous little scoundrel!!

I am sorry about Juno. My kitties are just a year old and I am a new cat owner. I am use to labs who chew everything!!! I guess I didn't think of cats as bag killers!! ;) My bad.

So sorry this happened to you. So when are you getting rid of the cat?

LOL. I can't. They keep the mice out that brought in the five foot snake. And the ONLY snakes I like come in the form of bags or shoes!!! So the cats stay and the bags stay in the closet!!!

They are sweet. Destructive apparently, but still sweet.