My Cabas Mezzo arrived from Elux!

hey! I saw that one ,too-- wherein Angelina Jolie andd bradd pitt diembarked from an airplane and decided to get one... i thought it was Cabas Alto when i checked at LV Hongkong, whats the differece bet alto and mezzo. The damier's saleya has a short handle and I couldnt get it past my arms, hahaha!!

jsg said:
hey! I saw that one ,too-- wherein Angelina Jolie andd bradd pitt diembarked from an airplane and decided to get one... i thought it was Cabas Alto when i checked at LV Hongkong, whats the differece bet alto and mezzo. The damier's saleya has a short handle and I couldnt get it past my arms, hahaha!!

I didn't realize that the Saleya was meant for handheld. I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to get as a shoulder bag in any case b/c the handles are round. Even if we're able to get it through the shoulders, it'd slip off! The Alto one is even a bigger size. It is huge! I believe AJ has the Piano and the Mezzo. The three have the same look though, just different in sizes.

Oh my- I think I have a problem. Now that I realize how much I like this bag I want the smaller Piano. Okay, here's the story.

I have the Chloe Edith Whiskey pre-ordered. I'm just worried that it's not worth paying about $1400 (after taxes/shipping) for a bag that might not last in years to come. Sure, the style of the bag itself is classy, but I'm trying to purchase bags that will still be around in the future. I felt justified getting Chanel/BV and LV (I have them in styles that have been around for years) and I'm just not sure if I feel same about Chloe Edith.

Since I considered the Speedy 30 vs. Piano before getting my Mezzo, now I'm trying to decide if I should get a Speedy 30 and the matching accessories pochette or Piano and the pochette. (In either case, the total comes about $300-500 less than 1 Edith).

And if you guys do think I should stick w/getting the 2 LVs instead of an Edith, which do you think I should consider getting?

I wanted the Speedy 30 b/c I think every LV girl should have one as a staple (;)). but again, I have many handheld bags and if I do have a child in the near future, I still have to consider whether I'll be able to really enjoy it. I like the Piano, but my husband thinks I'm being redundant by getting two of the same styled bags.

What do you think? I would appreciate any opinions. Sorry for such a long post!

Congrats on your new Mezzo!!! I'm sure you will love it!!!

I can understand your dilemma about the Cabas Piano since I feel exactly the same way! I originally wanted the Piano but since I have a small baby, I felt that I needed the room in the Mezzo. After having carried it for about a month, I can say that I LOVE it!! It is perfect!! I think I will eventually get the Piano, but it is not really high on my list at this point. I also have the Speedy 30 and have used it with the baby quite a bit as well. It holds alot more than it seems like it would, and I feel a little less stressed about the vachetta. I find that when the baby is in his stroller or carrier, I sometimes prefer the Speedy since it is a little smaller and less to deal with than the Mezzo. They are both great bags and I feel that I will get many years of use from each one, even after the baby is older. I would recommend going with the Speedy as your next purchase!!!

hautemom said:
I find that when the baby is in his stroller or carrier, I sometimes prefer the Speedy since it is a little smaller and less to deal with than the Mezzo. They are both great bags and I feel that I will get many years of use from each one, even after the baby is older. I would recommend going with the Speedy as your next purchase!!!

It's great to get advice from someone who has direct experience w/this kind of situation. So it's definitely doable to manage the baby w/a Speedy 30? I just have this fear for some reason that all my hand-held bags will be sitting inside the closet from the day the baby is born til he/she grows up.

What's ironic about this whole thing is that I was interested in buying a medium casual bag that I didn't not have to worry about tossing around (thus speedy) then it turned into this whole worrying about future use thing. Now I have the Mezzo, but it's not a medium sized bag, so I ended up still not getting what I needed. LOL~~
Thanks for the advice!

I am thinking of getting a Cabas Mezzo for work. Now, is buying it from eluxury cheaper than buying it from the store?? I mean after shipping/handling cost etc? Does elux charge tax?

Thanks.