My Bloomingdales Burberry Raincoat is perplexing me!

Mochi_snochi

Dec 23, 2015
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a weird situation with a coat I bought from Bloomingdales. I purchased a Burberry Brit raincoat from their website. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures of the item I first received, although I do have a three minute video on it (not sure how to post videos or if that is even allowed).

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...jacket?ID=602473&CategoryID=1002875#fn=spp=10

When I received the coat in the mail, I was so disappointed! It looked cheap, the fabric was thin, and it was LOUD. Everytime I touched the coat it rustled so loudly, it sounded like there was paper inside the fabric or something! The main problem was that the coat was missing the removable liner and the hood. So I immediately called Bloomingdales who dispatched a new coat, and I returned the "damaged" one. The coat I initially received also looked worn and returned, there were some spots on the sleeves and a few water marks on it as well.

When I received the second coat in the mail yesterday, I almost didn't even bother taking it out and looking at it since I was sure I was going to return it. However, as soon as I picked it up I noticed a huge difference. This coat was lush, heavy, and the fabric was different. It was a thick fabric, and it was stiff but there was no paper sound at all! Once I removed the liner, I found that this coat was actually different from the first one I got. The first coat had the check lining all through the coat, the new one only had it at the top and it was plain black for most of it. The sleeves were longer, and the hood attached via a zipper (the first coat had a few snap closures instead). I am now keeping the coat as this one looks decent on me.

So my question is, do you think that Bloomingdales sent me a wrong model coat the first time? The quality seemed very questionable, and I am not sure if Burberry makes coats that are so darn LOUD and sound like paper rustling! Or do you think that someone returned a fake coat, and Bloomingdales sent me a fake (probably unknowingly?)

Sorry for the long post! This is my first Burberry clothing item, so I am not familiar with them. Thank you in advance for any opinions and info!

I would call them just to alert them at the difference if anything. If it was a fake, I'm sure they'll want to know so they can look into it or at least remove it from the storehouse.

Thanks everyone, I will give Bloomingdales a heads up that it might be counterfeit. I can't believe that Burberry would make a coat that sounds like paper! I don't want another unsuspecting customer to get stuck with it!

Thanks everyone, I will give Bloomingdales a heads up that it might be counterfeit. I can't believe that Burberry would make a coat that sounds like paper! I don't want another unsuspecting customer to get stuck with it!
Hello,
I purchased a Burberry Brit rain coat from Saks Fifth Avenue a few years ago and it was fine but now it’s making the same noice that you mentioned. I am so disappointed! I called Burberry but they said I needed a receipt. Well it’s been years so I don’t have one. The coat was stored and maybe worn several times but it never sounded like that before. I have 2 others that don’t do that from Burberry.. So weird and very disappointing!