My bag got felt up today

Last night as I was getting off work and we were closing up, my boss brought my purse to me from the back room. As he was carrying it I said, "oh what a cute purse" and he responded with "Thanks! It's Coach". I just laughed at him. I was so proud.

Here's an excerpt from the story of Coach found on Coach.com. Your friend was actually recognizing the very thing that the founder of Coach felt:

"The founder of Coach was first inspired by a baseball glove when he saw its distinctive markings and how supple it became with use. After refining it, making it softer and stronger, he created Coach's first handbag. Since then, innovations in leather finishes, new grains and colors, and modern materials continue to fascinate us. But this glove-tanned leather remains a Coach tradition. And it still burnishes as beautifully as it did back when Babe Ruth played baseball."

That's the first thing I thought about when I read the OP too!!!

My bag gets felt up all the time. Mainly by my friends bag. We laugh that they are both so hot that it is only natural that they gravitate towards one another! (meaning they just keep bumping into one another as we walk!)