My bad experience, and a few questions (long)

ugh, that definitly sucks. i am just a bit older than you, and whenever i have anything nice, or am purchasing anything expensive, people just assume someone else MUST have paid for it.

try not to let it get to you. you deserve, regardless of who's paying for it! and even more props to you for saving up to treat yourself. unfortunately, life is full of fools like this guy.

you said you're in orlando, so i am sure there are plenty of authorized rolex dealers; possibly some department stores? maybe you'll get better service there. good luck :smile: and post pics when you finally get it!

^ There are 4 AD around my parent's house in Orlando (two are the same company as the one that treated me rudely so I won't be going there), but unfortunately I'm leaving the morning after Christmas so I won't have time to check them out. Back home (I live in a small town) the nearest AD is quite a drive so I was hoping to get one yesterday. Someone PMed me the name of their AD so I might call them. But definitely no ebay for me- I did some research and aftermarket seems so shady! Thanks everyone for your help!

^ Letsgoshopping, your parents must live near me in Orlando! And from your post, I think I can figure out which store you visited. I'm around your age (21)- I've bought a few pieces from there before and the SAs were very nice- just make sure you get a different SA. Of course if you're going back home you won't be going back there anyway. Either way, good luck with your purchase!

It's so offensive when people are rude to you because they think you can't afford something. I remember when I was a college student and I went into Cartier in New York, they were SOOO snobby and would barely talk to me (I guess because I was wearing jeans and a huge ski sweater--it was the 90s after all). I ended up buying my watch from a fabulous SA back in Boston, but initially I was really put off and it really deflated some of the excitement of getting the watch.

I'm not sure why it's any of their business where the money comes from for you to get the watch, but remember that the SAs crappy attitude reflects them, not the company. Write him off as the jerk that he is and carry on!

I am sorry to hear that you got such terrible service! I would even lodge a complaint with Rolex. I doubt they would appreciate their authorized dealers treating potential customers like dirt.

If you were in my neck of the woods (Northeast Wisconsin), I would send you to my jeweler. The staff at Rummele's Jewelers has always treated me like a valued customer even when I only came to look. I go to the Appleton store, but the Green Bay store is also great. I have always dealt with Kim at the Appleton store; she's awesome! I know you aren't anywhere near here, but I figured I would mention this in case someone who is in my area is looking for a good place to shop.

Saw this a little late, but if you're still doing research and want to see more pics of Rolex, or ask advice from long time collecters, you may want to try this link here. There are also lots of other luxury watches to be found, so enjoy!

Lots of great advice here. So sorry for how you were treated. I hate people who assume and people who judge - he did both and look how it turned out? Get the watch of your dreams and wear it with pride! Good luck and let us know how this story ends!!

Just to add to the previous comments: I'm always surprised how different (sometimes much better, sometimes much worse) than on display a piece of jewelry looks when you put it on. Even if you end up buying online, find a store where you can try on different watches to see if they look good on you.
Good luck!