Mulberrys GALORE!

wickedassin said:
I can't tell the Balenciagas apart--I'm not that much of a fan of their purses. Anyways, they had about 4-5 of them--I think they're new. So give them a call in the a.m.--hope they have what you want.

Only the NM in Vegas will take Visa/Mastercard b/c they got so many complaints from tourists. I know the one in San Diego will take the card if you're a non-US citizen. They'll let you use your card in customer service to buy a gift card.

I forgot to ask..did you buy anything tonight? There is a smaller YSL Muse (at least that's what I saw on NM online). Yes, the mngr told me they had a bunch of different colors. Can't wait to go tomorrow.

I have mixed feelings about fakes. I own authentic purses by Marc Jacobs, Gucci, Dior... BUT I could just not shell out the money for the Bulga. I know that the leather feels great--but I knew that I'd carry the purse for a few months or a year max and then regret spending all that money...

So I bought a fake Bulga. It actually doesn't look "bad" and it gave me what I wanted in terms of the "look." But I know what you mean about just buying a "regular" purse. I sorta actually gauge how trendy a purse is based upon how many fakes there are. Seems like the more a purse is copied, the more likely it's a trendy purse rather than a "classic."

I was actually GOOD--I was tempted to buy this green Isabella Fiore purse with cream trim. It's a great color and I LOVE green. But I'm on the waitlist (#3) over at NM for the B bag AND I did a pre-order on eluxury for the shoulder version of the B bag as insurance. I think that's going to be the purse for me...

I don't know where I've been, but I just discovered the LV monogram Klara recently--but I think it's sold-out. And I'm sooooo on the fence about LV. I think I like the idea of spending my money on ALL leather purses....

I did look at the Bottegas--I'm always tempted by them.

Kind of OT, but I'm going to San Diego in April. Is the Nordstrom you're talking about at the mall by Hotel Circle? Is there more than one mall in SD? Are there any boutiques that sell Balenciaga and Chloe or is my only chance at the mall? Thanks so much and sorry for a ton of questions!

girlsgottoshop said:
Kind of OT, but I'm going to San Diego in April. Is the Nordstrom you're talking about at the mall by Hotel Circle? Is there more than one mall in SD? Are there any boutiques that sell Balenciaga and Chloe or is my only chance at the mall? Thanks so much and sorry for a ton of questions!

Yes, that's the mall by Hotel Circle called Fashion Valley. It's by far the best mall in SD. There's several malls in SD. FV the best (it has the Neiman's, Saks and Nordy's). Horton Plaza (downtown), UTC (La Jolla) and North County Fair (Escondido) are decent. I'm not sure of any boutiques that sell Balenciaga or Chloe, but I went today and NM has both (small selection), and Nordy's has a bunch of Chloe's right now (especially the Silverado). Don't know if they'll last til April though.

addicted said:
Yes, that's the mall by Hotel Circle called Fashion Valley. It's by far the best mall in SD. There's several malls in SD. FV the best (it has the Neiman's, Saks and Nordy's). Horton Plaza (downtown), UTC (La Jolla) and North County Fair (Escondido) are decent. I'm not sure of any boutiques that sell Balenciaga or Chloe, but I went today and NM has both (small selection), and Nordy's has a bunch of Chloe's right now (especially the Silverado). Don't know if they'll last til April though.

Thanks addicted! I already have a paddy and silverado, but just in case I'm looking to treat myself on vacation, at least I'll know where to look. :idea:

girlsgottoshop said:
Thanks addicted! I already have a paddy and silverado, but just in case I'm looking to treat myself on vacation, at least I'll know where to look. :idea:

Which Silverado do you have (color?). I looked at the tan today and was not impressed with the color. It looked to matted down (same with the black). I'd like a deeper cognac type color, but they didn't have it. Do you like the Silverado?

Hope you have fun in SD!

Hey Girl,

I totally agree with Addicted, Fashion Valley is the best mall in SD. There's Coach, LV, Burberry, Max Mara , Tiffanys in terms of "higher end" boutique stores. The NM and Nordstrom have decent stock of designer purses. Nordy's carries YSL, Marc Jacobs, Versace, Jimmy Choo, Chloe, BV, Celine, and Mulberry in terms of purses that are in the over $1k price range. The NM has Dior, Gucci, LV, Ferragamo, Kooba, Fendi, Prada, MJ, and some Balenciaga. The Saks there has significantly less inventory, but I usually see some MJ and Prada there. Hope that's enough info. If you want to ask more questions, feel free .

Oh and if you're into boutique shopping, I know that the current Lucky magazine that's on newstands, with Nicole Richie has SD boutiques featured in there. I haven't been to most of them, but it's an option too.

Thanks for the help addicted and wickedassin! I'm from Las Vegas and our Nordstrom here does not carry high-end bags. They have Kate Spade, Dooney, and Juicy. I'll be looking forward to checking out your Nordstrom. Our NM is always picked over. It's hard living in a big tourist town! I usually get my bags from other cities over the phone. I can't wait....I love San Diego. It's so beautiful...you're lucky to live there!!

Addicted....I have the silverado in the chocolate brown. I love that bag. I don't have a huge bag collection....khaki paddy, cognac spy, brown balenciaga first, silver balenciaga first, and khaki graffiti LV speedy. Out of all those bags, the silverado is still my favorite. The leather is a leather that you don't really have to baby. I've spilled things on it without being treated and it rubbed out after it dried. The pockets on the side are nice for my cell and lipglosses. It's just a really functional bag and I get far more compliments on it than my other bags. Kind of strange to some.....I know there's not a ton of silverado lovers out there, but I would recommend it!! I haven't seen the tan color. Is it orangey?

Hey cool! I'm a UCSD alumni! Oh man, I miss La Jolla so much. You guys are making me nostalgic all of a sudden. ;) I never noticed many peeps carrying fakes when I was there, guess it's changed.... Never though I'd end up missing UTC of all places. lol.

Do you ever go to a place called Roberto's for late night Mexican food?

Our Nordstroms unfortunately doesn't carry much in the way of designer bags other than MJ, Rafe and Furla. For the Chloé's and the Mulberry's you have to go down to South Coast Plaza.

wickedassin said:
TONS of Mulberrys as the Fashion Valley Nordy's. Joseph can help you with them--he's very nice. You'll have to let us know what you get.

Addicted--did you get your Paddy?
Yup - Woohoo! Got my chocolate paddy! It's so yummy! And...I also got my black Balenciaga in the mail from Aloha Rag! What a day!

Also...I'm bad, but I went to NM and they had a Fendi Spy in Cognac. I HAD to get it! So, since they don't take Credit cards, I went to the bank to get cash from my cc. So, I go back, and the SA tells me that he made a mistake, it was someone else's who was on a waitlist. But...he did find it from another NM, and I should be getting it tomorrow or Friday! I'm so excited. It was a gorgeous bag. It was HUGE! But, I have a baby and I'm always carrying around lots of stuff!

This forum is BAD for me.... makes me want purses like there's no tomorrow!