Mulberry bayswater bag leather quality

Mulbays

Feb 9, 2019
Hi
Thinking of getting a mulberry bayswater. I have been for a while but never took the plunge. But now I am not sure of I should buy one in the old softer leather or the new stiffer leather. I know people keep saying there are issues with the new leather on reviews and threads but can't seem to find what the issue are. People who has the old bayswater mentioned they had it for a long time, not sure if the new ones will last that long. With the big price tag I will not be purchasing more therefore would like it to last a long time. Please let me know your thoughts.

I think it’s personal preference and remember the same comments when Alexa first came on the market re the thicker older leathers being better than the soft buffalo (which is arguably true when you see the condition of some second hand alexas). I think the newer leathers are designed to keep their shape more than classic mulberry bags and again, that’s personal preference - some people will love a smooshy squashy puddle bag, while others will want one that looks good as new for as long as possible.

Bottom line, assess for yourself what you think of the leather and if you love a bag, go for it.