Motorcycle jacket...still popular? Mackage Kenya

Which one should I get?

• Get a motocycle jacket and get Mackage Kenya in Black

• Get a motocycle jacket and get Mackage Kenya in other color

• Get Mackage Cataline

• Don't get any...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have the kenya in a small. I could have worn the XS, but it was super duper tight when zipped up. It is lambskin, so you have to be careful because too much stress on the leather trying to squeeze yourself into it, is not good. It looks better done up halfway with the collar and zippered flaps open. it looks ok when all the way open (the xs looked better open, but not done up). I hear mixed reviews on mackage leather stretching. also, be careful, i got a few minor scratches in my jacket from the heavy paper mackage label before i removed the bloody thing!

HappyAngel - is the leather shiny and stiff feeling? If so, then it doesn't stretch much. I have two mackage jackets. One purchased from Aritzia and one from mackage.com

The Aritzia version of the Kenya is very soft, matte and smoochy. That leather will stretch. The leather on the Aritzia version of their styles are different.

My leather jacket from mackage.com did smell when I first got it. It didn't smell like fish but more of a chemical/strong leather smell but it's gone now.

Edit - I just looked at the Kenya on mackage. The leather looks similar to Aritzia's version of leather. Very soft looking from the photos on the site. I guess they stop using the leather that was used on the Nev/Milla's.:confused1:

Last edited:
HappyAngel-Thank you! Mine is actually a dark blue color so it looks pretty good as a spring-y jacket! I saw the grey one and to be honest, I thought there were alot of green tones to it. Might be different in the sunlight though! I fit an xs and I love wearing it half way zipped up w/ the flaps open (like d-girl said).

Ashy1-Thank you!! What do you mean it didn't look good on? I find the moto jacket to be very flattering on everyone!

Get it!!! I just bought the Mackage Kenya in Petrol and it's my absolute fav.
It is also buttery soft too!

mackage.JPG

This is perfect. I think you should buy the moto-I just bought one from Veda, and I will be wearing it despite any trend changes. http://www.intermixonline.com/produ...=basic&keyword=veda&sortby=newArrivals&page=1

Hello, Ashly: The leather in the Kenya is very very soft, thin, & delicate so I am thinking it will stretch. I actually bought the Aritizia version of Kenya in black at first, but I return it and got the grey Kenya from mackage.com. The leather from the Aritzia is the same as the one from www.mackage.com. I even called the customer service and they told me the leather is exactly the same too. (unlike the Nev - I have the Aritzia version :P) However, the Aritizia version of the Kenya is missing the buckle at the bottom front of the jacket. I hope the smell will go away soon as it's so strong & I am so tempted to return the jacket just because of the smell. I love the style by the way. I am glad to hear that the smell will eventually go away. You should try the Kenya jacket again, the cut of the jacket is very flattering..

Nekonat: I haven't see the blue on in real life, but from your picture, it's so dark that it looks almost black! The grey does have a lot of green, brown in it. It's a bit lighter in daylight, but you can still definitely see the green color.

It's good to hear they didn't use the Nev/Milla leather. I don't like it. I ended up buying the Aritzia's Sophia version just because of the leather...hehe...so my Milla just sits in the closet (since they look so similar). I don't know why I didn't like the Kenya on me. Maybe I'm not use to the style since it's so different or the shirt I tried it with was too long so it looked weird. I'm gonna try it again this weekend and see what happens. Although, do I need another leather jacket...LOL???:graucho:

I bought a Mackage kenya and I am sooo in love with it. The leather is amazing and it fits so well! I definitely think its a piece that can last you a while. Although its a more 'trendy' style perhaps, I think you can wear and layer it with so many different options.

DSC_0708.jpg

picture by me

I bought a Mackage kenya and I am sooo in love with it. The leather is amazing and it fits so well! I definitely think its a piece that can last you a while. Although its a more 'trendy' style perhaps, I think you can wear and layer it with so many different options.

DSC_0708.jpg

picture by me

:love:
BEAUTIFUL! The jacket looks amazing on you!
Man I wish I had the money to get one :cry:

^^Wow you look amazing in that jacket. So hot!!!This is the Aritzia version right? Does anyone know if the two versions are exactly the same except the bottom buckle? Do they fit the same? Thanks.

thanks luckybunny, xmyheart and ashy1!!

It is the Aritzia version. I think some posters above said that they called Mackage and said that they fit exactly the same. You can try calling Mackage CS and see what they say.

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering what people thought of Mackage Kenyas now? I have an XS in gray and black, and wanted a size Small. So I actually found someone who wanted to trade their S for my XS in gray. I wasn't lucky enough to find someone who has it in black to trade, so I'm selling my black XS to buy the bigger size.

My question is, should I just sell it and not buy a bigger size? Or should I buy it again? I like to have duplicate colors of the same item. But I didn't know if I should buy a Kenya again or a different style? Or just none? I have the Jerry, Sophia and Gray Kenya. I would prefer a black Kenya over gray... but I don't know if I should buy the black one again? I don't really think the Kenyas as classic as the Nev for example?

Mackage Kenya lining -
My sister's jacket has the printed lining while mine has the black... didn't realize it was different when i bought it.

anyone else have a different print?? why do they do this (is it limited edition or something? different season?)

I kinda like the printed one better with the beautiful scalloped design :|

9274194531_9faf18c312.jpg

9276981938_68f2488cdd.jpg