MJ Chat Thread

@Mimmy Yeah, I would try to be extra careful with it. I honestly can’t think of any place that I’d regularly put it where it would likely get dirty. Pretty much the locked cupboard my my exam room at work and then my car seat. I think I’m just being paranoid lol. Scotch Gard is good to know, tho!

@JenJBS Thanks! I mulled it over quite a bit more last night after posting and think I’ve decided on the beige. I’m pretty sure I could put it in a cold, gentle wash if it got super dirty, but I think spray would help ease my mind as well.

Beige it is, then! Now I’ll just try to wait til one on some website goes on sale. Thanks ladies!

Finally found my everyday bag. I have been looking for a black sophia on the cheap as my MJ collection is becoming a "problem " according to my husband. He can't even argue with this one though. $35 total. The shipping, tax and handling were more than the price of the bag.
Nice choice for an everyday handbag. Will you be buying another colour in that line then?

That is what i did with the Natsha. I think I have almost every Natasha handbag in that line. So many, it can get addicting when you find that perfect everyday handbag.

So after an extensive bag purge that reduced my collection to only TWO bags (an MJ crossbody and a large Coach clutch), I decided to purchase the MJ small traveler's tote. It fills a large gap in my collection, as it will be brilliant for work as well as 1-2 day trips where I only need a change of clothes and a few toiletry items. I bought the beige first; when it arrived, I was slightly disappointed at the color. It is darker in person than on the website and I had been hoping for something lighter. So I went back onto the MJ website to consider the black tote, but saw that a new tote had been released: the summer canvas tote!!! I bought it immediately and am MADLY IN LOVE. You guys. The fabric is the light color I was hoping for, and is almost shiny, but at the same time not. Love the black leather trim, the embroidered words, everything about this bag!! Will be returning the beige shortly. I cannot wait to start using this bag on Monday!

EC5CCFD5-54A9-4528-B53D-0592D3E036F1.JPG 4D613462-C6A8-41F5-A12D-BD203ED8216A.JPG
Summer tote next to the beige; beige looks a little bigger, but they're the same size
4D8D98B8-BD63-4082-936A-D57D53EE020C.JPG

My current carry: Coach woolly wristlet used as a wallet, Kindle Paperwhite, Roterfaden taschenbegleiter notebook cover, folder for papers for work, Lamy ballpoint and mechanical pencil, Airpod Pros, and glasses303679B1-D081-49E7-A9EA-C88A68F4970E.JPG

So after an extensive bag purge that reduced my collection to only TWO bags (an MJ crossbody and a large Coach clutch), I decided to purchase the MJ small traveler's tote. It fills a large gap in my collection, as it will be brilliant for work as well as 1-2 day trips where I only need a change of clothes and a few toiletry items. I bought the beige first; when it arrived, I was slightly disappointed at the color. It is darker in person than on the website and I had been hoping for something lighter. So I went back onto the MJ website to consider the black tote, but saw that a new tote had been released: the summer canvas tote!!! I bought it immediately and am MADLY IN LOVE. You guys. The fabric is the light color I was hoping for, and is almost shiny, but at the same time not. Love the black leather trim, the embroidered words, everything about this bag!! Will be returning the beige shortly. I cannot wait to start using this bag on Monday!

View attachment 4749339 View attachment 4749340
Summer tote next to the beige; beige looks a little bigger, but they're the same size
View attachment 4749341

My current carry: Coach woolly wristlet used as a wallet, Kindle Paperwhite, Roterfaden taschenbegleiter notebook cover, folder for papers for work, Lamy ballpoint and mechanical pencil, Airpod Pros, and glassesView attachment 4749343

Congratulations! :yahoo: Glad you found one you're so happy with! :drinks: Thanks for the detailed comparison.

Congratulations! :yahoo: Glad you found one you're so happy with! :drinks: Thanks for the detailed comparison.

Thanks!!! I'm going to have to get used to carrying big bags again. It feels big and unwiedly compared to my smaller bags, but I love that I can carry a little bit more. Plus it's a great neutral and the black leather trim just brings it all together. I've been playing around with charms and set ups and am thinking about a bag organizer, too. I just can't stop looking at it, I'm so in love with it!!! :biggrin:

Reactions: JenJBS

View attachment 4749339 View attachment 4749340
View attachment 4749341

My current carry: Coach woolly wristlet used as a wallet, Kindle Paperwhite, Roterfaden taschenbegleiter notebook cover, folder for papers for work, Lamy ballpoint and mechanical pencil, Airpod Pros, and glassesView attachment 4749343
I think you definitely picked the right tote! Perfect for summer, looks well made and should be very versatile.

Reactions: JenJBS
Nice choice for an everyday handbag. Will you be buying another colour in that line then?

That is what i did with the Natsha. I think I have almost every Natasha handbag in that line. So many, it can get addicting when you find that perfect everyday handbag.
I probably will. There is a brown one I saw for sale the other day and I'm definitely interested.

Reactions: netter

I just bought another one in brown. It needs a bit of rehab but nothing I don't feel confident I can repair.

Reactions: netter