MJ Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no cooper1! I totally know what you're going through..my basement flooded twice since we've been living here. It's covered on the homeowner's insurance policy right? Subzero should pay!

yeah the last time this exact same thing happened with this fridge, Subzero said that they had never seen this happen before (?). That they have an automatic shut off sensor around the water line that if any water is sensed outside the line, the sensor automatically shuts it off. Ours failed 2 years ago, and they replaced that whole part of the fridge claiming "this will never happen again". At that time their insurance paid for all the repairs to the house.
Well, 2 yrs later here we are, we only have one more year left on our 5 year warranty. I want the whole fridge OUT of the house, because if this happens again in the future, its on US.
I called Subzero warranty emergency after-hours hotline, and they referred me to an authorized repair center in my area (who fixed it before) and they are only open Mon-Fri til 5 PM. That's super!!!
We had to shut off all the water because this is an older house and we dont have a separate water shut off for the fridge. Unfortunately the damage is already done....the hardwoods in the kitchen and dining room are wet from the bottom up and warping, and the basement below is totally flooded.....
nightmare....

....oh, and did I mention, we are supposed to have Thansgiving at our house this year?
hahaha!!!! Something tells me that will have to change....

Status
Not open for further replies.