Mint Louis Vuitton Murakami: What are my chances?

peppersasen

Feb 8, 2012
so, the only designer bags i currently own are hand-me-downs from ma mère. i own two vintage monogram Céline bags + a vintage Coach bag (which i am very grateful for because they are all pretty timeless designs and the Coach bag is from Coach's understated days). SOOOOOO i've never actually purchased a bag of my own (yet). therefor, i don't know how much about price ranges (whether limited edition lines with rise/drop along with time), how to tell whether a bag is fake or not, where i could get a limited edition, etc.

now, i am a pretty reasonable girl and i do have my priorities straight, so i am focusing on saving up for the 30% deposit/advance i need to buy myself a 1-bedroom apartment in a nice area. but as soon as i get that done, i'll start buying bags i've wanted for since forever! :smile:

they include: Chanel Classic Flap Bag (in patent black), LV Murakami Cherry Blossom/Cerises (pochette, papillon, coin purse), and Marc Jacobs Stam Bag (but i'm not sure if i want the Stam bag anymore, because it looked timeless/classic when it was an 'it bag', but not it doesn't look so timeless anymore now that it's not, am i making any sense?).

the Chanel bag, i'm not too concerned about, because it's not limited edition. and the Marc Jacobs bag, i might change my mind about.

it's the Murakami Cherry Blossom/Cerises line that i'm REAAAALLLYYYYYY worried about. i've wanted those Murakami prints since they first came out in 2002. and now i think i'll never get a chance to get them. :cry:

i specifically want these ones:

LV_cherry_coin.jpg

LV_cherry_pochette.jpg

LV_sakura_pochette.jpg

LV_sakura_pochette_pattern.jpg

LV_sakura_papillon.jpg

personally, i'm really unconcerned about what people think and i just want these bags because i'm obsessed with the cute sakura/cherry prints. but i know people are different, and i KNOW a lot of women are concerned about having the "it bag" and WILL ditch a bag as soon as they think it's outdated, so i know people will be selling their old bags. i'm sure there are some on eBay as we speak.

i know i'm sounding really immature and irrational, but i don't want a used bag. i want the first high-end purse i own that isn't a hand-me-down to be mint. i'm even thinking if i can't get these in mint condition, i may as well get the Chanel bag first. but i would really prefer to get an LV one first since i have a feeling it'll be more affordable.

is there ANY chance i will be able to purchase these bags in mint condition in, say, 2015-2016? and how much will they cost by then?

thank you for reading. i know i sound really clueless and inexperienced... thank you for bearing with me. :shucks:

im pretty sure that they would be all be gently used... meaning, a slight patina to them, but you would not have any brand spanking new ones... if you do find those, they would be very expensive and most likely already purchased...

Reactions: SakuraSakura
you can but it will be very expensive!
i've seen some pretty mint Cherry blossom pieces on ebay but they run high!
I would say don't look until your ready to buy because when you find a mint condition one you need to buy it before someone else does
and get them authenticated! just to be on the safe side! always!
to get an idea of what price you would be paying I would do an ebay search for Louis Vuitton Cherry or Cherry Blossom and sort by highest first. Alot of the time the highest first will bring up the ones that were never used or in super mint condition.
I just searched and when I skimmed through the pics the ones at the top of the page looked new or almost new.

how expensive is "very expensive"? as expensive as a flap bag? :crybaby:

actually its not that bad i saw a pre-loved one it is about $1550.00 but some of the other LEs that were brand new i saw were about $4500.00+

thank you... if i can't get my hands on a new one at a reasonable price, maybe i'll just go with a used one, but get the Chanel bag first. i know it's really immature of me, but i just to walk into a store and savor and relish owning a new bag that i worked hard to earn. :blush:

thank you... if i can't get my hands on a new one at a reasonable price, maybe i'll just go with a used one, but get the Chanel bag first. i know it's really immature of me, but i just to walk into a store and savor and relish owning a new bag that i worked hard to earn. :blush:

you better get your chanel first, they will go up and up and up!!!
for the LV, the pics that you orignally posted were the condition which i saw:

http://www.malleries.com/authentic-louis-vuitton-cherry-blossom-papillon-purse-i-23496-s-278.html

although this item has been sold, you can see the price and the condition of the bag itself....

how expensive is "very expensive"? as expensive as a flap bag? :crybaby:

thank you for the eBay tip. i never thought about searching highest first. how would i get a bag "authenticated"?

post it in the LV authentication thread in the LV shopping section of this forum
follow the format for posting on the first page

I would say a mint condition cherry blossom bag would be between $1500-$2000 from what I saw on a few days ago on ebay

so, the only designer bags i currently own are hand-me-downs from ma mère. i own two vintage monogram Céline bags + a vintage Coach bag (which i am very grateful for because they are all pretty timeless designs and the Coach bag is from Coach's understated days). SOOOOOO i've never actually purchased a bag of my own (yet). therefor, i don't know how much about price ranges (whether limited edition lines with rise/drop along with time), how to tell whether a bag is fake or not, where i could get a limited edition, etc.

now, i am a pretty reasonable girl and i do have my priorities straight, so i am focusing on saving up for the 30% deposit/advance i need to buy myself a 1-bedroom apartment in a nice area. but as soon as i get that done, i'll start buying bags i've wanted for since forever! :smile:

they include: Chanel Classic Flap Bag (in patent black), LV Murakami Cherry Blossom/Cerises (pochette, papillon, coin purse), and Marc Jacobs Stam Bag (but i'm not sure if i want the Stam bag anymore, because it looked timeless/classic when it was an 'it bag', but not it doesn't look so timeless anymore now that it's not, am i making any sense?).

the Chanel bag, i'm not too concerned about, because it's not limited edition. and the Marc Jacobs bag, i might change my mind about.

it's the Murakami Cherry Blossom/Cerises line that i'm REAAAALLLYYYYYY worried about. i've wanted those Murakami prints since they first came out in 2002. and now i think i'll never get a chance to get them. :cry:

LV_cherry_coin.jpg

LV_cherry_pochette.jpg

LV_sakura_pochette.jpg

LV_sakura_papillon.jpg

personally, i'm really unconcerned about what people think and i just want these bags because i'm obsessed with the cute sakura/cherry prints. but i know people are different, and i KNOW a lot of women are concerned about having the "it bag" and WILL ditch a bag as soon as they think it's outdated, so i know people will be selling their old bags. i'm sure there are some on eBay as we speak.

i know i'm sounding really immature and irrational, but i don't want a used bag. i want the first high-end purse i own that isn't a hand-me-down to be mint. i'm even thinking if i can't get these in mint condition, i may as well get the Chanel bag first. but i would really prefer to get an LV one first since i have a feeling it'll be more affordable.

is there ANY chance i will be able to purchase these bags in mint condition in, say, 2015-2016? and how much will they cost by then?

thank you for reading. i know i sound really clueless and inexperienced... thank you for bearing with me. :shucks:

LV_cherry_coin.jpg

LV_cherry_pochette.jpg

LV_sakura_pochette.jpg

LV_sakura_papillon.jpg

LV_cherry_coin.jpg

LV_cherry_pochette.jpg

LV_sakura_pochette.jpg

LV_sakura_papillon.jpg