medor clutch: thoughts?

I've had a medor clutch for years and absolutely love it. I've worn it for a night out and to more formal events (even weddings). Every time I wear it (especially when I pair it with a CDC), I always get stopped by others asking about it. I love that I never see anyone else wearing one and it's a statement piece in of itself. So if you find one, i say grab it! You won't regret it!

I've had a medor clutch for years and absolutely love it. I've worn it for a night out and to more formal events (even weddings). Every time I wear it (especially when I pair it with a CDC), I always get stopped by others asking about it. I love that I never see anyone else wearing one and it's a statement piece in of itself. So if you find one, i say grab it! You won't regret it!
Same here. I only have one, black, GHW and I've worn it a ton.

Reactions: jag
had both at some point and let them go / returned because I can't deal with clutches -but I do love black chevre and palladium. Between the two I prefer the medor.

After reading this thread, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a well priced resale medor 29, ardoise (dark gray box leather), phw. I wanted a larger day clutch in a dark neutral that wasn’t black. (of course size 29 would be more casual). It’s not too reminiscent of a jewelry roll bc of its larger size, and it actually reminds me of when I collected jige PMs years ago. (This would be a bit deeper and more like an elan In shape. Now that I have one, I believe that even in a smaller size, it’s not formal, but perhaps could go with a simple cocktail dress. But, I’d be more likely to pair with jeans and doc martens or even shorts or a mini(Personal style choice). For a slightly dressier clutch, I occasionally use a black box kelly longue wallet ( fits an iPhone 14)

IMG_9395.jpeg

Last edited:
I tried a Vert Vertigo 23 (can't remember the leather). The colour was very nice with phw (although I prefer Bambou)

It was a jewellery travel jewellery roll. That is exactly what it is. NBS literally put it on hold and went to pick it up, I was so excited, I was beside myself. Sadly, I was totally unimpressed. I couldn't get the minimum in.

If it was black Box GHW 29, different matter. Elegance.

I also didn't like the K-C even though it looked very nice. Again, nothing fitted and things really need to fit effortlessly in these bags.

I have a BB 1938 (25) clutch. it's so perfect and it doesn't have hw so it goes with everything night and day. I wore it to the Olivier Awards (UK) with a couture crepe maxi, and also a classic grey Alexander McQueen (very) fitted suit (AW04) for my aunt's birthday (she loves the 1940s style and did themed party - I have 40s dresses but I didn't have an original 1940s suit).

After reading this thread, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a well priced resale medor 29, ardoise (dark gray box leather), phw. I wanted a larger day clutch in a dark neutral that wasn’t black. (of course size 29 would be more casual). It’s not too reminiscent of a jewelry roll bc of its larger size, and it actually reminds me of when I collected jige PMs years ago. (This would be a bit deeper and more like an elan In shape. Now that I have one, I believe that even in a smaller size, it’s not formal, but perhaps could go with a simple cocktail dress. But, I’d be more likely to pair with jeans and doc martens or even shorts or a mini(Personal style choice). For a slightly dressier clutch, I occasionally use a black box kelly longue wallet ( fits an iPhone 14)

View attachment 5775417

Congratulations, that's a proper clutch, not a jewellery roll :biggrin:

View attachment 5775417

That's beautiful! :love: What a fun find! I think it's hard to choose one clutch to meet all needs, from casual to formal (OPs question). A clutch for use at truly formal occasions would likely be too small for casual use. I personally wouldn't invest much in a formal clutch, as it wouldn't get much use. That's why I chose my Jige Elans, but I love the Medor 29, too. Looks great on you!

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
That's beautiful! :love: What a fun find! I think it's hard to choose one clutch to meet all needs, from casual to formal (OPs question). A clutch for use at truly formal occasions would likely be too small for casual use. I personally wouldn't invest much in a formal clutch, as it wouldn't get much use. That's why I chose my Jige Elans, but I love the Medor 29, too. Looks great on you!
Thanks so much @etoile de mer! 100% agree with you :hugs:

For those thinking about a medor clutch, I love mine, but hysterically, I keep opening it up side down.