Maybe I’m not a Kelly girl? Or try again?

I am with you on the retourne style side! As beautiful as the sellier style Ks are I know those wouldn’t work for me either. I like some softness to my bags. I could quickly sum up my dislikes of my previous Kelly’s to closure annoyed me, felt mature (but may have been the colors combined too), and strap length. So I guess now my thoughts are do I try a different color and get a longer strap?
I have a long strap for my K32 and use it far more than the original strap. It makes it casual and somehow cooler.

Maybe a mini Kelly or a k25 in sellier for more formal occasions. I feel the 24/24 fills the “relaxed Kelly” look already. I originally wanted a 28 or 32 retourne for daily but thought it might be too attention grabbing for everyday so im happy with my 24/24 as a daily.
Happy to hear from another 24/24 owner! One of the reasons I grabbed it was for the relaxed Kelly vibes. Great points, thank you!! Not sure I’ll be lucky enough to snag a k25 or a mini Kelly But a girl can dream

Happy to hear from another 24/24 owner! One of the reasons I grabbed it was for the relaxed Kelly vibes. Great points, thank you!! Not sure I’ll be lucky enough to snag a k25 or a mini Kelly But a girl can dream
Another 24/24 owner here (the 29) and I also use it as a “relaxed Kelly” substitute for my K32. It’s sitting in the passenger seat with a new-to-me long woven strap next to me right now!

I need to get some fun straps. Do you guys use H straps or venture out? I have a very fun rainbow Valentino strap that I enjoy using with my 24/24.
I have a couple of non-H straps but I really only use my H straps because the quality of non-H doesn’t compare IME. Particularly good on Bolide, 24/24 and of course (more OT) the K32.

ETA I also have a stunning passementerie strap by Joseph Duclos that is next level in terms of quality. But it makes such a strong visual impact that it really needs to be the star of the outfit and hence doesn’t get used all that often!

Last edited:
I have a couple of non-H straps but I really only use my H straps because the quality of non-H doesn’t compare IME. Particularly good on Bolide, 24/24 and of course (more OT) the K32.

ETA I also have a stunning passementerie strap by Joseph Duclos that is next level in terms of quality. But it makes such a strong visual impact that it really needs to be the star of the outfit and hence doesn’t get used all that often!
Oh my…I just looked up his straps. TO DIE FOR.

Not another rabbit hole ……

The wife is definitely more of a fan of strap bags than totes. She tends to not use her Birkins that much.

That being said, the first ever H bag that I bought her was a Gold Kelly 28 from this local store in Greenwich. She returned it for a Lindy because she said it was “too old lady like” so I get where you were coming from when you sold yours.

The wife likes to be able to wear her Kellys crossbody with her different straps. She also likes how the Valentino straps and the like, make the bags look more casual.

I’m also with the others. If you’re asking, you likely want it and have a small piece of your mind that has already been made to get one. This forum is a group of enablers, so please allow me to just pile on that they’re a great bag and you should get one :smile:

I am wondering too if I’m more of a birkin girl. And I agree, this is not a purchase I plan on making right now. Definitely going to take my time and enjoy the other 2 so I can make the perfect decision
Yes. Enjoy your current bags and see if a Kelly will work its way back to you. I'd go on YouTube and Instagram for styling inspirations. Sometimes after a lot of reviews, a bag will fall off my radar because I realize it's not for me. Sometimes it firms up my decision.....

Take your time. And things to consider is do you want this kelly to be casual or formal? What color, size, hardware?

Reactions: forgetmenot301
My first H bag was a vibrato Herbag about two decades ago and I found (and still find) the clasp fiddly. I was sure that I would never want a K as I thought them too ladylike: prim and proper which I am definitely not. I have three Bs (one in each size) and for me they are perfect: I love the easy access and am okay with carrying them by hand or over my elbow. I now have a 1999 K32 retourne which I enjoy wearing...I don't find a retourne too ladylike and I have a couple of interesting straps that further relax the style. BUT I still find the clasp slightly irritating. It's not hard but, compared to the easy access of the B, it's annoying. I also have a 24/24 but a 35 which does not have a strap so great for work but, again, a clasp to deal with.
So the short answer: if the clasp is what bothered you about a K, it will still bother you. But if you love your 24/24 maybe the clasp issue is no longer an issue?

I am a serial offender when it comes to these kind of buying decisions. I buy a bag and I love how it looks, the craftsmanship, the quality of the leather, etc. - however, I realise it doesn't work for my lifestyle. I sell it. After a while I forget why it didn't work, fall in love with a piece, and try again - so far, what bothered me the first time round still bothers me the second time. Kellys and Evelynes are the bags I tried to make work the hardest - and I have gone with the Fashionphile recommendation where I can return or sell back easily.

The wife is definitely more of a fan of strap bags than totes. She tends to not use her Birkins that much.

That being said, the first ever H bag that I bought her was a Gold Kelly 28 from this local store in Greenwich. She returned it for a Lindy because she said it was “too old lady like” so I get where you were coming from when you sold yours.

The wife likes to be able to wear her Kellys crossbody with her different straps. She also likes how the Valentino straps and the like, make the bags look more casual.

I’m also with the others. If you’re asking, you likely want it and have a small piece of your mind that has already been made to get one. This forum is a group of enablers, so please allow me to just pile on that they’re a great bag and you should get one :smile:
Ha, thank you for enabling me! I definitely see myself giving the Kelly another go.

Reactions: Veritybelle