Marc Jacobs and LV

LVgirly said:
I am most annoyed by MJ's introduction of the push-clasp he has put on everything...like mini pleaty, koala, ravello etc. Sure, it may look nice but it makes it a pain in the a$$ to open and close all the time. It is one extra clasp that is not necessary since a normaly metallic snap works perfectly fine. Plus, it scratches so easily.

i kind of agreed what you says,:biggrin: i must say some of the pieces goes well with the push-claps and some not,but do you notice this...what he has in his handbags design LV has it too :biggrin: i dont be surprise later he will come out with LV version of "Stam"

i love MJ's work. although i may not like all of his designs, at least he is creative and brings something fresh and youthful into LV which in my opinion is essential for the success of a company that has been around for 150 years.

I agree with JJ, I grew up seeing LV only worn by old conservative posh women, with a really not inspiring fashion style !!!
and then with MJ the brand became all cool !!!
-even if none of my girlfriends understand my fascination for these bags...:sad: -

I love MJ! However, I feel there is too much crossover with his own brand and LV. For example, the Manhattan looks a lot like the Venetia. He also introduced the perforated line this year with LV and his own line.

Let me say one thing:

I LOVE MARC JACOBS!:love: :love: :love:

His clothing line is awesome, and most of his designs are great! The only bad thing I can say is Lindsay Lohan! Such trash shouldn't be an LV spokesmodel!:cry:

Plus the push clasp is on everything in his own line as well, not that it's bad, it's just that it makes the one and the other a lot less unique.

i love what MJ has done, and not because i'm in love with the bags themselves (i hate multicolore, in fact) but because it takes someone with a lot of creative vision (and balls) to be able to bring an old-money, established, stuffy brand like LV to a completely new generation and make it THE bag to have, which is exactly what he's done. i like people that question tradition and try to make new out of old (i guess it's the postmodernist in me) and i think MJ has done an excellent job, even if the bags themselves don't always suit my personal style. he's also done a great job keeping the traditional customers happy by introducing beautiful, classic bags (mizi and klara, anyone?) in the regular fabrics. i think he's a genius.

*JJ* said:
i love MJ's work. although i may not like all of his designs, at least he is creative and brings something fresh and youthful into LV which in my opinion is essential for the success of a company that has been around for 150 years.

I totally agree. I love probably 90% of what he does, but once in a while I look at something wonder what the hell he was thinking. I think that happens with every designer though. Everyone makes mistakes designers included.