Mansur Gavriel Mansur gavriel

Bumping this thread. OP, just wondering how your bag is working out? Is the leather softening at all? I pre-ordered the same bag but won't have it until July to possibly September so I am very curious.

Bumping this thread. OP, just wondering how your bag is working out? Is the leather softening at all? I pre-ordered the same bag but won't have it until July to possibly September so I am very curious.

Hi. Yes it is softening up. When u first get it it will be very stiff like the epi leather LV but it does soften. I also treated it with a waterproof and that helped because its naked leather. I love my bag.

I too have been unsuccessful trying to find the bucket until July. So I gave in and found a tote at a Steven Alan in brandy/navy. It should arrive tomorrow . I was actually considering an LV Neverfull in Epi leather but I'll see how it works out with this one. I really want the bucket in brandy/avion combo

My brandy/avion bucket bag will be here on Monday! :yahoo: I'm glad to see it is so beautiful IRL. Have you put a protector on it? I'm scared that doing so might darken it, but the leather will darken over time, anyway...

To me it looks more like an easy, casual summer bag in this color. I'm sure it can be used year-round, but the brandy really evokes images of summer music festivals and jean cutoffs and espadrilles while eating ice cream. I dunno, it just looks like such a chic summer bag to me.

On another note, I've noticed a lot of people really LOVE Mansur bags (myself included), but some people really don't care for it and seem almost bitterly against it...has anyone noticed this?

OP, how is your brandy/avion holding up. That's the combo I've been looking for. Can you post any pics? TIA:smile:

Hi. Yes it is softening up. When u first get it it will be very stiff like the epi leather LV but it does soften. I also treated it with a waterproof and that helped because its naked leather. I love my bag.

Do you mind sharing the kind of waterproof you applied? I have a camello/rossa bucket which i love and have actually put on some cuticle moisturizer to soften the leather (didn't really soften it that much but noticed it doesn't scratch as easily) but would like to waterproof it as living in the PNW we're still looking at another 3 months of rain... Thanks in advance!

I have a question for the 'small tote' owners: how do you find the strap length? Does it fit over the shoulder nicely (with a coat on)? I understand they'll be making the straps a little longer for summer/fall and I want some advice if it's worth the wait (I'm only 5' tall).

Thank you!

Would you happen to know how this bucket bag compares to the LV epi noe in terms of quality? TIA!

Would you happen to know how this bucket bag compares to the LV epi noe in terms of quality? TIA!

I have both. No comparison. The epi is much better quality. The manzur scratches, scuffs easily. Where as the epi doesnt. The feel to the epi is much higher quality. The mansur is good quality but i like to keep my bags looking new. This bag is very nice but i couldnt deal with how it aged where as the epi aged very nice.

Do you mind sharing the kind of waterproof you applied? I have a camello/rossa bucket which i love and have actually put on some cuticle moisturizer to soften the leather (didn't really soften it that much but noticed it doesn't scratch as easily) but would like to waterproof it as living in the PNW we're still looking at another 3 months of rain... Thanks in advance!

Hi im a bit late. Sorry. Just seen this now. I only used a leather lube made by sof sole. It still scratched n scuffed easily