Maida Hobo

It is a beautiful bag, you should go to her other video with the comparison between the Maida and the Odeon PM, holy moly this bag is HUGE! A lot larger than I thought, and I’m the same height as her and it looks huge on her, but she pulls it off. I cannot pull off a large bag like that. But wow is the purple interior beautiful and I love love love the front pockets.

I wonder how is compares to the Artsy or Melie in terms of size. Or even the Graceful? I think all the hobos are around that size or do you think this is bigger?

I just purchased the maida today and love it, but upon coming home and taking a closer look, noticed the stitching on the front isn’t centered through the embossing. Other pictures I’ve seen here and on LV’s website show it centered…am I crazy or would this bother you too?

Attachments

• C6FE08CC-5786-4F98-AD25-64273DFA96BE.jpeg
    C6FE08CC-5786-4F98-AD25-64273DFA96BE.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 55801792-5B36-440D-A63F-8711F2F64A2E.jpeg
    55801792-5B36-440D-A63F-8711F2F64A2E.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 146
I just purchased the maida today and love it, but upon coming home and taking a closer look, noticed the stitching on the front isn’t centered through the embossing. Other pictures I’ve seen here and on LV’s website show it centered…am I crazy or would this bother you too?
I would definitely exchange it. The bag costs so much, so it should be perfect. I just bought the same bag but in black.

I picked mine up today from the store I had it shipped to, and so glad I ultimately went with this style. I thought about it for a long time, watched a number of youtube videos and read all the comments here before I bit the bullet.

My take so far - it certainly does feel big, but somehow not as overwhelming feeling as my other unstructured style tote bags - maybe because it is less... floppy feeling? I like the structure the flat bottom gives it - i think even as the leather softens throughout with wear, this will keep it more or less upright when you set it down which is cool. Most of my bags are quite small and I got used to carrying around less, but lately have been gravitating towards wanting more with me again when I go out and about so really looking forward to getting some use out of this! And the zip top is amazing as it can be tough to find zip tops on bags this large!

But the thing I really wanted to add was also how the braided short strap fits on me. I feel like a medium size person - 5'5 and about 130 pounds. A number of comments/reviews I read online said things like "the braided strap is too short to be worn on the shoulder comfortably" and I almost ruled this bag out for this reason because I was specifically looking for a shoulder bag. BUT I happened to see a woman carrying it in person while I was at a doctor's office a few weeks ago and noticed it looked to be fitting just fine on her shoulder... then I came back here and read the comment from berlander right above this one....so I figured it was worth a short to order the bag and I could always return it if it didn't fit on me.

...And I am pleased to say it fits great on my shoulder too! Super comfortable, and feels secure on the shoulder which is what I was looking for. I love my crossbody bags but in some situations feel they swing around too much when I lean over, hang a little lower than I would like and too far out my line of sight, etc., so for this bag, I wanted something that fit snugly under my arm and this fits the bill perfectly. And remember that as the leather softens with use on both the top of the bag near the zipper and on the strap - the space where your arm fits through is going to get roomier / mold more to your body. To those who felt it was too tight, it may be a matter of preference where some people just want more room there for mobility than I feel I need, and I admit it also may not be as comfortable if I was wearing a bulky coat - but I live in southern california so that is not going to be happening for me much anyways personally. As others have said - the braided strap is gorgeous and unique - really makes the bag in my opinion.

I went for the turtledove color! it is beautiful and also quite similar (but slightly lighter) in color to cuyana's "stone" shade if anyone loves the versatile color but is looking for a lower price point :smile:

Ordered this bag today! I went with Dune (I have a PM in dune and love the shade). I was looking for an everyday crossbody large enough for anything from a laptop, cosmetic bag and a large water bottle to a few diapers, wet wipes, and everything in between I feel that the Maida is the perfect bag ❤️ I have considered the Capucines MM (have one in BB, heard MM is prone to sagging plus it doesn’t have a zipper or outside pockets), the City Steamer (too many issues such as worn corners, sagging and general untimely wear and tear mentioned on this amazingly helpful forum ), thought about the Saint Laurent Icare (why??? so large and shapeless and not a crossbody), large Dior Caro (beautiful, but not large enough)… Tried Proenza Schouler PS1 in medium, but it’s just not comfortable for me (strap buckle digs into my shoulder, strap is not long enough to be worn crossbody, looks a but masculine when paired with my style (mostly jeans or simple cotton dresses)… I was loyal to my medium Balenciaga Neo Classic for over a year, but it seems a bit grungy now. Looking forward to my new workhorse ❤️ I will post photos and my first impressions of the Maida once she is here ❤️

Hello again! The bag is here and I was so excited until i noticed several defects:/ marks/creases? on the leather and stitching a bit off center at the bottom. Definitely going to exchange it!

Attachments

• 29006D8C-950E-4549-8BBF-585D83029498.jpeg
    29006D8C-950E-4549-8BBF-585D83029498.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 3DA87697-60BF-4E73-BD61-BC3D418BA2E1.jpeg
    3DA87697-60BF-4E73-BD61-BC3D418BA2E1.jpeg
    378.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 435B5C15-0D3B-401F-9F18-D3F042CD45E0.jpeg
    435B5C15-0D3B-401F-9F18-D3F042CD45E0.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: Twinmom1223
That’s a shame, but I definitely agree, that needs to be exchanged.
such a beautiful bag.
Agreed! Went to the LV store today and exchanged the defective taupe Maida for the black one. The black looks so lovely in person and i was surprised by how much i was attracted to the indigo lining i think black is also a bit more practical for an everyday bag. It was not an easy decision, several other customers weighed in (same opinion as mine:smile:. Pics to follow!

Agreed! Went to the LV store today and exchanged the defective taupe Maida for the black one. The black looks so lovely in person and i was surprised by how much i was attracted to the indigo lining i think black is also a bit more practical for an everyday bag. It was not an easy decision, several other customers weighed in (same opinion as mine:smile:. Pics to follow!
Great, congrats!! That lining is definitely !!

Reactions: Aleksaki

The black is much more practical as an everyday bag. The turtledove is prone to color transfer, especially in the corners. Sounds like you made a good choice!

Reactions: Aleksaki