LV vs. Balenciaga: Which is better?

Which is better - LV or Balenciaga?

• Louis Vuitton

• Balenciaga

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for Balenciaga because I like all the styles and colors whereas I only like a couple of LV lines. However, both LV and Balenciaga bags are very well made. I think it is just a matter of personal style. You can't go wrong with either brand.

I think it's also value for the buck. Not all LV lines are created equal. If I were to compare the LV Monogram line with Balenciaga, then Balenciaga would win hands down. But if I was going into the price range of Suhali compared to Balenciaga (though it typically costs 3 times more), I'd pick LV. Value for your money, I think B-bags are better. But if you're only looking at what you would want to wear 30 years from now, it'll probably be LV for most people. Frankly, I'll be a B-bag toting Granny! Good luck! It's really a hard choice.

Tanja said:
Definetly Balenciaga because I actually think that you get more value for your money because they are made from really nice leather instead of canvas and LV will always be around which once a B-bag colour is gone that's it. I sold all my LV mono stuff and didn't regret it a minute. I prefer Balenciaga because just the experts can tell what you are carrying. They are so much more understatement than the "loud" LVs but that's just my personal opinion.

I totally agree. Everybody knows LV. Everyone and their dogs carry LV, and there are way too many fakes out there. LV will always be around, so why not get a B bag now? :P

BalenciagaLove said:
I think it's also value for the buck. Not all LV lines are created equal. If I were to compare the LV Monogram line with Balenciaga, then Balenciaga would win hands down. But if I was going into the price range of Suhali compared to Balenciaga (though it typically costs 3 times more), I'd pick LV. Value for your money, I think B-bags are better. But if you're only looking at what you would want to wear 30 years from now, it'll probably be LV for most people. Frankly, I'll be a B-bag toting Granny! Good luck! It's really a hard choice.

I totally agree the Balenciaga takes the cake, bang for the buck. I own multiple pieces of LV to my one Bbag, but I mostly find myself using my Bbag these days just because it's so practical, holds everything, and is wonderful smooshy leather. I hate babying my bags, and that vachetta gives me headaches.

Wow...at the beginning of the poll, I thought Balenciaga would sweep up the award, but now LV has taken the lead. This is exactly what goes on in my mind every time I debate for a bag!!

Well I purchase my first Balenciaga just today, so I voted Balenciaga, but I have never been impressed with LV. I really don't care for the monogrammed canvas and I looked at an Epi leather bag earlier this year, but it seemed so plasticy to me (and this was at an LV store, so there is no way it was a fake Epi leather bag.)

I wish you well,

Bridget

ValleyOppressed said:
LV! The mono is a classic, and Balenciaga is just too trendy for me.

Yes, this is also part of my debate...Will the tassles and studs outlast the monogram classic? For $1,000, this is definitely something to consider...:angel:

I can't say one is better - depends on your mood.
Love LV & Balenciaga . Two very different bags. I say go for the Balenciaga and do LV later-they aren't going anywhere.

Not to say Balenciaga is but you may have issues with colors that are no longer available! GL!