LV on first date?

Thank you everyone for your feedback!!! You guys are right! I've decided i`ll bring my LV purse. I worked hard for it and I should be proud of that, if he sees it another way then he isn't meant for me.

Anyway just found out where he's taking me and I haven't been on a date in forever so let's see how this goes :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. The awkward person that I am, I'm sure it's going to be interesting!!!:eek::lol:

Thank you everyone for your feedback!!! You guys are right! I've decided i`ll bring my LV purse. I worked hard for it and I should be proud of that, if he sees it another way then he isn't meant for me.

Anyway just found out where he's taking me and I haven't been on a date in forever so let's see how this goes :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. The awkward person that I am, I'm sure it's going to be interesting!!!:eek::lol:
Go be yourself & most of all have fun!!

I'm actually really excited for you on your date! Have fun!!! :biggrin:

A lot of guys would not know a LV if it hit them in the face- my Dh sure didnt until I educated him. And now he is a full supporter of my habit!!
I carry mine wherever I want to regardless of what anyone thinks. Maybe I'm just used to fending off stereotypes as a person of color so I dont care about the handbag issue influence and what people think. I feel as a Latina I'm always going to be in someone's box anyway so might as well do what makes me happy!
Other than job interview I don't care.

I carried my lockit pm on my first date with my husband of nearly 10 years. At the time, he didn't know LV but now he knows some of their names and can spot a fake (aka swap meet Louie). Be yourself and have fun. Plus when you get other bags later, your partner can't say they weren't warned, lol!

It's sad that we would worry about it sending a high maintenance message instead of the truth which is you are a successful grown a** woman who can spend her hard earned money on what she sees fit. Period. On another note truthfully a lot of men can't tell the difference between a Walmart handbag and a designer handbag- ten years ago my husband could not... But he sure can now- lol!!

First of all - have fun on your date!

I agree with others that on the first date you should just try to be yourself. I think if designer bags bothers him, they would be something that would bother him still after 5 dates and you'd just waste your time. Unless you're willing to throw all of them out for a guy, I'd say carry whatever you like.

From my experience, men I've dated never knew anything about fashion, with one special exception who knew way, way more than me. But with that special case anything would be cheap and low quality unless it was Hermes (and even that not always) or maybe a bag that was hand-sawn by blind nuns who attended best sewing schools in the world that use that world's best quality leather from that little village in Italy and the bag costs more than your house... But then it really depends what kind of guy you're dating.

It's sad that we would worry about it sending a high maintenance message instead of the truth which is you are a successful grown a** woman who can spend her hard earned money on what she sees fit. Period. On another note truthfully a lot of men can't tell the difference between a Walmart handbag and a designer handbag- ten years ago my husband could not... But he sure can now- lol!!

Agree 100%

Reactions: Fancypantsbags
I went on my 1st date with my LV Speedy and then our 2nd and 3rd and so on with my Chanel clutch. He isn't flashy and didn't know much about designers until I came along. He loves and drives nice cars and places. What was funny is, he said, we need to order more please and make it taste exceptional.... this one likes the better things in life and he took care of things. ANYWAY, be yourself on a date, wear what you like, and if he judges you based on your exceptional taste of handbags and accessories, you know he isn't the one. Plus I'd like to think that our possible partner would love to show us off dressing well and how successful and fabulous we are. Let him know who, how and why you are fabulous from the get-go. If he doesn't get it, kick'em to the curb. You do NOT need negativity in your life unless it is from a stitching faulty on a new LV bag!

Wear what you want! No one can judge you! And I mean come on, if I would have a Frist date again (have a bf longer time now), I would look more on the face, and how the persons character is and not what Bag someone wear.
And I wore for my job interview my Louis Vuitton pochette in an elegant way. Nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: Pmrbfay