LV Christmas Animation - 2022

Thoughts about the Vivienne animations.....it's 4 days before Christmas and there are still pochettes, key chains, bandeaus avaiable for purchase online (US).... price vs. un-originality / repetitiveness of the designs ? I think it's both. Perhaps next year will bring some fresher ideas.
I share your thoughts:smile:, but price is a huge factor. I did purchase the passport holder, because 1. I love NYC and 2. I didn't have a passport holder in my collection. Otherwise, I would have passed. I much prefer the animations of years before, of trunks and travel.

Do you guys still love your animation pieces? I ended up returning the Tokyo MPA but I can’t stop thinking about it. And then I think about the price lol. I’m in a dilemma

I haven't used mine yet. I am planning to in February when I travel to Florida. But my piece was $525. The mpa is way overpriced imo.
To this day I still don't own a mini pochette. I have the Pochette Acc from 2002, and it has never failed me. Then the MPA just keep going up in price....so I never had a chance to get one.

I figured the money and some more could just go towards a whole handbag rather than an SLG.

To this day I still don't own a mini pochette. I have the Pochette Acc from 2002, and it has never failed me. Then the MPA just keep going up in price....so I never had a chance to get one.

I figured the money and some more could just go towards a whole handbag rather than an SLG.
Yes!! The Christmas animation cost is so high this year but it’s hard to justify that for an SLG

Reactions: PrayersandPurses
I really love the christmas animation(s) and I tried to get t least 1 piece / year but this year, though not being affected by inflation that much:

Mr Arnault, count me out.

Why?

a) the price doesn't justify the product
b) At least in my country, we tend to curb spending when we know that others are having a hard time. It feels "unnatural" to most of us. Spending 200 Euros or 250 Euros for something that is considered a luxury and is indeed luxury (bc. no one really *needs* a mini pochette, right?) is already something a few of us might considered " too much" but 700 Euros? That's the equivalent of the salary of a hair stylist after taxes and social insurance in our country. I guess you overdid it, Mr. Arnault. And sorry., but
c) I am happy that customers start giving feedback.

Oh nice, you have the OG version:heart:. I purchased my minis in 2018 @ $360 each CDN. I remember when they were around $200:shocked:.
My Christmas animation this year was the passport holder. That too was around $350 a few years back. $525 is high for having NYC on it lol.

• Haha
Reactions: bagsamplified
Thoughts about the Vivienne animations.....it's 4 days before Christmas and there are still pochettes, key chains, bandeaus avaiable for purchase online (US).... price vs. un-originality / repetitiveness of the designs ? I think it's both. Perhaps next year will bring some fresher ideas.
I agree its a combination of price and lack of originality. I mean a mini pochette is $845. I bought one last year and I thought it was ridiculously priced at $520. But, I loved the options and the designs so I broke down and bought one (glad I now given all the price increases). A 60%+ increase from a year ago is insane, and the designs would have to be incredible for me to justify that price point. And the designs simply aren’t. I like the focus on the cities and parts of the world, but so many of the designs you wouldn’t even be able to quickly identify the city. There are so many amazing icon cities in the world with iconic land marks that they could chose to feature.

For example, why not Sydney and the opera house? The Acropolis in Athens? The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco? The Taj Mahal in Agra, India?