LV Cannes, is it worth the money?

Cat.A

Dec 18, 2017
I’m in love with the reverse monogram but I’m not sure what kind of bag I should buy in this type of canvas. I already own and love Palm Spring mini and Pochette Metis both in monogram and I don’t want to redouble in reverse, I like the Onthego but not a fan of the giant mono, same problem for the boite chapeau souple.
I’m starting considering the Cannes, it’s roomy and beautiful but, unfortunately, it doesn’t seem a practical item and I can’t spend all that money on a bag that I rarely use. Can you tell me pros and cons about it? It would be lovely if you add some pictures to see if it’s nice on the body or too bulky. Moreover, is it worth the money?

Reactions: KEW84
I have one and have recently decided to sell it. I only carried it once.

I love it, it's beautiful, classic with a modern twist, but it's just not for me.

I'm not a hand carry type and though it comes with the long strap I've found it does kind of bang around when carried crossbody.

It's hard to get in and out of if you're carrying it due to the way it opens.

I really love it but have taken a ton of photos to remember it by and have decided to sell for something I can use everyday.

I don’t think Cannes is worth the money. I’ve never had one but it looks so fussy to use. It’s a bag I might consider if I wanted a fun purchase to use every once in a while. I just can’t imagine using it as an every day bag.

the boite souple is better for every day, I think. Besides the giant issue. Have you considered the Dauphine mm? It is gorgeous. Best of both worlds, reverse and regular mono. It’s a notch up in dressiness from the metis. Maybe two notches haha. So many carry options. It’s beautiful.

I don’t think Cannes is worth the money. I’ve never had one but it looks so fussy to use. It’s a bag I might consider if I wanted a fun purchase to use every once in a while. I just can’t imagine using it as an every day bag.

the boite souple is better for every day, I think. Besides the giant issue. Have you considered the Dauphine mm? It is gorgeous. Best of both worlds, reverse and regular mono. It’s a notch up in dressiness from the metis. Maybe two notches haha. So many carry options. It’s beautiful.
I did and I’m still considering it, especially the backpack that is going to be released in few months but I don’t like the brown leather around, I would prefer black leather. I hope one day LV release the Neonoe in reverse and black leather and it’s done!

I did and I’m still considering it, especially the backpack that is going to be released in few months but I don’t like the brown leather around, I would prefer black leather. I hope one day LV release the Neonoe in reverse and black leather and it’s done!
Ooo. Have you seen the giant Dauphine in reverse mono with black leather trim?
It’s not available in stores anymore but you can find them on Fashionphile.

It is giant, true, but I didn’t think it was too “in your face” because the huge LV is actually positioned on the back of the bag. I actually thought it was quite under the radar looking, compared to the regular Dauphine.

Ooo. Have you seen the giant Dauphine in reverse mono with black leather trim?
It’s not available in stores anymore but you can find them on Fashionphile.

It is giant, true, but I didn’t think it was too “in your face” because the huge LV is actually positioned on the back of the bag. I actually thought it was quite under the radar looking, compared to the regular Dauphine.

I bought the black trimmed giant dauphine MM when it first came out because I wasn't completely sold with the original. I literally had it for 48 hours sitting in my closet and the shiny black leather just really bothered me. Patent black trim is what it was and the strap was made same leather very uncomfortable and honestly I didn't feel it was as elegant as the original dauphine MM in reverse so I returned it. I finally after a few months of looking got my hands on the dauphine mm reverse monogram. There is a reason so many people decided to sell to Fashionphile, its a gorgeous bag just not comfortable unless you change out the strap to something else and it just was too shiny.

I have the Cannes in monogram geant. I wanted a monogram option that looked good with dresses for "fancy daytime" events such as brunches/baby showers/matinees v. carrying a more office-type bag. I'm not sure how you envision using yours, but it fits that need for me perfectly, even if I don't need it all the time.

For the rest, I think @TangerineKandy nailed it--those things just weren't dealbreakers for me. I do like mine as a hand-carry best, though.

I agree it can be kind of annoying to get in and out of, but the plus side is that is does fit a lot, more than a lot of my other small bags.

Reactions: TangerineKandy
I’m in love with the reverse monogram but I’m not sure what kind of bag I should buy in this type of canvas. I already own and love Palm Spring mini and Pochette Metis both in monogram and I don’t want to redouble in reverse, I like the Onthego but not a fan of the giant mono, same problem for the boite chapeau souple.
I’m starting considering the Cannes, it’s roomy and beautiful but, unfortunately, it doesn’t seem a practical item and I can’t spend all that money on a bag that I rarely use. Can you tell me pros and cons about it? It would be lovely if you add some pictures to see if it’s nice on the body or too bulky. Moreover, is it worth the money?
I have the Cannes in monogram geant. I wanted a monogram option that looked good with dresses for "fancy daytime" events such as brunches/baby showers/matinees v. carrying a more office-type bag. I'm not sure how you envision using yours, but it fits that need for me perfectly, even if I don't need it all the time.

For the rest, I think @TangerineKandy nailed it--those things just weren't dealbreakers for me. I do like mine as a hand-carry best, though.

I agree it can be kind of annoying to get in and out of, but the plus side is that is does fit a lot, more than a lot of my other small bags.
I tried on the reverse Cannes in store a while back and it was ok for me. I felt it tended to roll around when worn crossbody and also the zippered closure was a bit cumbersome for me. So I passed,,,, .... BUT .....a few weeks ago I saw the geant Cannes on a mum with a pram and boy oh boy was it stunning!! IT looked great on her. I only wish I had that option at the time but I’m too slow, it is sold out. I agree that if it meets your brief and what you need it for , and if you love it then we will always find that it is worth it. If you’re undecided or not sure then you will have doubts in your head. I’m so envy of your geant Cannes. Such a unique limited item!

Reactions: Annabel Lee
I tried on the reverse Cannes in store a while back and it was ok for me. I felt it tended to roll around when worn crossbody and also the zippered closure was a bit cumbersome for me. So I passed,,,, .... BUT .....a few weeks ago I saw the geant Cannes on a mum with a pram and boy oh boy was it stunning!! IT looked great on her. I only wish I had that option at the time but I’m too slow, it is sold out. I agree that if it meets your brief and what you need it for , and if you love it then we will always find that it is worth it. If you’re undecided or not sure then you will have doubts in your head. I’m so envy of your geant Cannes. Such a unique limited item!

Thank you!

I have the Cannes and I absolutely love it! It is so cute and can fit soo much.brought it with me to holidays weather resistant cos it's canvas..love it soo much really u wont regret it.. goes well wi th any outfit..
The opening and closing is not really a problem.. I hold my phone most of the time so really only when I need to pay probably will take like a second more to open it than my other bags..but I think it's worth it..I mean it's not a bag u take when u have to catch the tram and need to open your bag to take out your wallet with your tram ticket like in 1 minute..it's a dainty lady bag hehe imo..
IMG-20200105-WA0014.jpg bonus pic in sapporo =)

I worked with a patient who was carrying one by the long strap. When she had to open it, it didn't look hard for her to do, but overall the shape looked impractical to me--at least for crossbody.

Reactions: mmcjm
I have the black Epi Cannes and have used it as an every day bag for about a year. I do switch bags every now and then, but its mainly the Cannes. I find its easy to carry and low profile (stays close to the body, not covered with logos, etc) Epi is also very durable and Black goes with most outfits.

I have the black Epi Cannes and have used it as an every day bag for about a year. I do switch bags every now and then, but its mainly the Cannes. I find its easy to carry and low profile (stays close to the body, not covered with logos, etc) Epi is also very durable and Black goes with most outfits.
Nice great choice. Post us some pics