Lord and Taylor Counterfeit Products

Not Gucci, but years ago, (when their stores were closing in Houston but it was not announced for a week later) I went in to return a pearl necklace, that I'd bought just a day prior. It was expensive, and after I looked at it closer, I wasn't certain about it. Went in, and at first they said it was not returnable. I questioned why, as it was within the time period, first she said that jewelry was not returnable. I said, well, I asked about that yesterday when it was purchased, and see here, the sales person initialled the return parametres. Then she said it had been worn. I said, well, if it has, it was worn by someone else, as it still has the tags and is the box exactly like when I purchased it. (It had several tags, spaced within the necklace, so if it had been worn the tags would have been apparent.) Then they said it was counterfeit. I said really, you sell counterfeit merchandise in your store, by this time there was a crowd. After that, a manager looked at the piece, and returned it. I thought then, I'll never come back into this store, and I didn't. It was the most humiliating experience I have had in awhile. It would not surprise me that they would sell counterfeit Gucci items.
Wow that is horrible!Good for you for sticking up for yourself!!

Mine was also fake as authenticated by Dr.Runway. I bought the Gucci Horsebit mini during the cybermonday last year. Not sure If can still return it. :sad:
I'm so sorry. They were all fake. I cant believe they conned people out of thousands. It might be worth looking into filing something with your credit card or taking them to small claims court. I know there must be a lot of people that have fakes from them and dont even know it. I know other people, along with myself, reported them to gucci and filed complaints with the ftc and other places.

Mine was also fake as authenticated by Dr.Runway. I bought the Gucci Horsebit mini during the cybermonday last year. Not sure If can still return it. :sad:

I am not a lawyer but yes, you CAN still return it. It's not 'I changed my mind' thing, it's a legal 'You mugged me, and I (have the right to) demand my money back' thing. Selling counterfeits is illegal, passing it off as authentic is doubly so.

If Dr. Runway authenticated it and deemed it 'authentic', you should ask the money back from them too - but after you've got all your money from L&T.

Lord and Taylor is selling counterfeit products and has been doing so for over a year now. They know their products are fake and I am flabbergasted that this is being allowed. I purchased a gucci bag in december and thought it looked off. Had it looked at by 2 professional authenticator and it was a counterfeit. Many reviews on line also say that they are selling fake products. Yes, I should have read them first, but like many people I thought lord and taylor was a trusted store. I have even seen it stated on here that it can be trusted. Lord and Taylor went out of business a few years ago. An investment group bought the name for 12 million, opened an online store only and started selling counterfeit products. If you purchased from then in the last year it is probably a fake bag. I spent two thousand dollars. I returned the bag and received a refund but I am aghast that this company has been allowed to operate legally in the us. Take my warning and do not purchase from Lord and Taylor.

View attachment 5685590
That's so awful! L & T was such a beautiful store, one of my favorites. I was sad when they closed their stores here in my area. So awful their name and reputation are being ruined by such dishonest sales practices. Glad you were able to get your money back! I wonder why Gucci doesn't put a stop to this via legal action.

That's so awful! L & T was such a beautiful store, one of my favorites. I was sad when they closed their stores here in my area. So awful their name and reputation are being ruined by such dishonest sales practices. Glad you were able to get your money back! I wonder why Gucci doesn't put a stop to this via legal action.
I have a feeling gucci did threaten some sort of legal action and ysl because all new gucci and ysl bags were pulled from there website a couple weeks ago. They are still selling a handful of preowned bags but that's it. I reported the counterfeits to gucci and I'm sure I wasnt the only one.

I have a feeling gucci did threaten some sort of legal action and ysl because all new gucci and ysl bags were pulled from there website a couple weeks ago. They are still selling a handful of preowned bags but that's it. I reported the counterfeits to gucci and I'm sure I wasnt the only one.
Thanks for doing that! Glad they are doing something about it.

thank you for posting. I purchased a new marmont in August/September 2022 from them. After reading your post, I had it authenticated from Authentic Detective and it came back authentic.

I hope everyone who received fake merchandise can get their money back.

By the way that was supposed to say 'the' website not there or their. Lol

thank you for posting. I purchased a new marmont in August/September 2022 from them. After reading your post, I had it authenticated from Authentic Detective and it came back authentic.

I hope everyone who received fake merchandise can get their money back.
The bag I received was a very good replica. Leather looked exact, it was soooooo close. But I had one (that was authentic) in the exact color and for me it was the slight difference in threading that gave it away. Also a difference in the dustbag tag. That is how small the detail came down for me. I hope you did get a real bag.

L&T is running like a clearinghouse these days not an actual retailer. An investment banking company bought the name and set it up similar to Amazon - where things are being sold under the L&T banner, but it is actually sold by vendors who pay Lord & Taylor a fee per product sold. I believe that the Gucci bags were being supplied by LXR - which had been a legitimate source for pre-owned bags (they had physical outlets in the Century 21 stores before Century 21 closed). I did not buy from them, but am part of a group on Facebook where plenty of women did and every single one of the Gucci items (bags and belts) all came back fake from Dr. Runway.

L&T is running like a clearinghouse these days not an actual retailer. An investment banking company bought the name and set it up similar to Amazon - where things are being sold under the L&T banner, but it is actually sold by vendors who pay Lord & Taylor a fee per product sold. I believe that the Gucci bags were being supplied by LXR - which had been a legitimate source for pre-owned bags (they had physical outlets in the Century 21 stores before Century 21 closed). I did not buy from them, but am part of a group on Facebook where plenty of women did and every single one of the Gucci items (bags and belts) all came back fake from Dr. Runway.
This is good to know. I think a lot of once-great brands are being purchased and then used in this way as drop-ship operations. I can't recall if the original Lord and Taylor ever sold Gucci.