Looking for thoughts on resetting aquamarine stone

I think its a lovely stone! I think it looks gorgeous on you (even if you don't think so haha).

Do you think you would wear it more if it was in white gold with a diamond halo? I think it would look stunning in that kind of design. Maybe something like the attached pictures (from a google search).
Its quite a large stone and it covers a lot of your finger - so im not sure if a three stone design would work.

The first photo looks like my engagement ring. [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Reactions: JessicaRabbit1
What a beautiful stone! My vote would be for a reset in a simple white gold horizontal setting as a ring, with no diamonds to detract from the beauty and size of the stone. Something along the lines of the second image that B4gl4dy posted but in white gold - I think that would look stunning!

Reactions: catsinthebag
It's a pretty stone, but it has an over large window. I would talk to a jeweler regarding a setting that would conceivably minimize the window.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do you mean by “over large window?” I’m not familiar with the terminology and what window refers to exactly.

QUOTE="essiedub, post: 32666244, member: 351962"]Ooh looks like you have jewelry in your blood. I love stories of grandparents and jewelry (well any bequeathed jewelry ) I hope you post the tourmaline ring as it sounds lovely! I wondered if the ring you posted is a tourmaline. It glows like a pale paraiba. But I’m sure your jeweler was correct. It would make a most unusual aquamarine color (most being a more cool blue) So because aquamarines and emeralds are in the same family, perhaps it is a pale emerald? it has very few inclusions !.[/QUOTE]

I definitely have jewelry in my blood! :biggrin: I get it from the aforementioned grandmother, but my mom loves jewelry too, just different kinds (she has a lot of Native American jewelry, which I can appreciate but don’t have a real affinity for). I even worked at a jewelry store in college, but it was mostly handcrafted stuff, very little fine jewelry.

I’ll be taking the ring in to a very well-established jeweler in my city, so I’ll definitely ask them if they think the stone is aquamarine or something else. It would be very interesting if it was a pale emerald or tourmaline!

Here’s a couple of photos of my tourmaline ring (also pictured with my favorite David Yurman ring). It’s beautiful but I can’t seem to get myself to wear it much because 1) it’s very fancy and I’m not :P, and 2) I tend to gravitate toward blues, so a big green stone doesn’t match a lot of what I wear. Maybe I just shouldn’t care and should wear it anyway!

1C6F5EDD-D287-4633-BFA7-4A646C27F110.jpeg 09F994F4-71EF-4AC1-A87A-A26064AD21C5.jpeg

The first photo looks like my engagement ring. [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️
WOW im sure it would be stunning ! Wear in good health :smile: xx

QUOTE="essiedub, post: 32666244, member: 351962"]Ooh looks like you have jewelry in your blood. I love stories of grandparents and jewelry (well any bequeathed jewelry ) I hope you post the tourmaline ring as it sounds lovely! I wondered if the ring you posted is a tourmaline. It glows like a pale paraiba. But I’m sure your jeweler was correct. It would make a most unusual aquamarine color (most being a more cool blue) So because aquamarines and emeralds are in the same family, perhaps it is a pale emerald? it has very few inclusions !.

I definitely have jewelry in my blood! :biggrin: I get it from the aforementioned grandmother, but my mom loves jewelry too, just different kinds (she has a lot of Native American jewelry, which I can appreciate but don’t have a real affinity for). I even worked at a jewelry store in college, but it was mostly handcrafted stuff, very little fine jewelry.

I’ll be taking the ring in to a very well-established jeweler in my city, so I’ll definitely ask them if they think the stone is aquamarine or something else. It would be very interesting if it was a pale emerald or tourmaline!

Here’s a couple of photos of my tourmaline ring (also pictured with my favorite David Yurman ring). It’s beautiful but I can’t seem to get myself to wear it much because 1) it’s very fancy and I’m not :P, and 2) I tend to gravitate toward blues, so a big green stone doesn’t match a lot of what I wear. Maybe I just shouldn’t care and should wear it anyway!

View attachment 4233334 View attachment 4233335[/QUOTE]

stunning ! what a lovely gorgeous ring :smile: xx

View attachment 4233334 View attachment 4233335

Your tourmaline ring is STUNNING! I love it, you should definitely wear it more often!!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do you mean by “over large window?” I’m not familiar with the terminology and what window refers to exactly.

Nothing stupid about the question! A window is an area in the stone that lacks saturation. There's no.color and you can see through it. It's generally due to a cutting error, when a stone is cut to preserve weight.

And shelter pets are the best.

I like this setting a lot. Just have to think if I would wear it everyday. Thanks for saying it looks good on me — I actually like the shape and size of the stone, just unsure of the color. And I think you’re right that a three stone design would be too much.

I think you may like the colour more with wg. The setting is pretty good as is, the stone is the star of the show. What about just rhodium plating the original setting and see if that makes the diff? It sits high but with that carat stone, it's going to poss need be high to get the light through it.

Nothing stupid about the question! A window is an area in the stone that lacks saturation. There's no.color and you can see through it. It's generally due to a cutting error, when a stone is cut to preserve weight.

And shelter pets are the best.

I see what you mean. I’ll ask about recutting, but don’t want to invest a ton of money in this project, so will see what they suggest.

The kitty in your avatar is beautiful!

Reactions: wee drop o bush