Loewe cardholder / card case

ajde.adam

Jan 22, 2020
Hi everyone, I’m looking for a new cardholder/card case from Loewe and I’m stuck between these three. I was hoping you guys could help me if you have any of these items and if you would recommend them. My current cardholder is one from LV, but it’s not even two months old and I have a frayed stitch already that needs to be sent out to be restitched. Any input would be greatly appreciated :smile:

3EE0DCE6-BCCB-41FA-873B-C8399E8D669D.jpeg

64DE62A2-3FB2-4117-8BBB-FB54F3358AB0.png

Hi everyone, I’m looking for a new cardholder/card case from Loewe and I’m stuck between these three. I was hoping you guys could help me if you have any of these items and if you would recommend them. My current cardholder is one from LV, but it’s not even two months old and I have a frayed stitch already that needs to be sent out to be restitched. Any input would be greatly appreciated :smile:

View attachment 5291947

View attachment 5291948
Hello! I am not familiar with the “business and brand” cardholders in your photo, but I did receive and recently returned the last one although a different color. It was the first Loewe item I’ve purchased that I simply didn’t like. I found the leather and design too soft and not substantial enough for a coin cardholder. The zipper wasn’t very smooth either.

I got the same LV CH, different color, that you have just a few days later. I was smitten with it almost immediately. I sure hope it doesn’t let me down in terms of quality and workmanship; sorry yours failed you and so soon at that.

Hope you find your ideal soon; with cardholders being frequently used items, they must fit our tastes perfectly and hopefully hold up well for the long term.

Reactions: ajde.adam
If you're already using the CCH from LV then the Loewe one is quite similar, it's made of much more supple leather than LV's taiga leather so while the footprint is smaller, it can hold quite a bit too.

Hello! I am not familiar with the “business and brand” cardholders in your photo, but I did receive and recently returned the last one although a different color. It was the first Loewe item I’ve purchased that I simply didn’t like. I found the leather and design too soft and not substantial enough for a coin cardholder. The zipper wasn’t very smooth either.

I got the same LV CH, different color, that you have just a few days later. I was smitten with it almost immediately. I sure hope it doesn’t let me down in terms of quality and workmanship; sorry yours failed you and so soon at that.

Hope you find your ideal soon; with cardholders being frequently used items, they must fit our tastes perfectly and hopefully hold up well for the long term.

If the Loewe CCH is too soft, I probably won’t like it. That’s unfortunate about the zipper too though; I think it’s more practical having the zipper go down to the sides too. I might just have to order the Loewe BCH and the BBCC to see which one I like better of the two, then return whichever one doesn’t work for me.

I really like how the LV CCH looks and it’s structure to be honest, but getting my cards in and out were such a hassle for me. Maybe it’s because I have a few more cards in the zip compartment, I don’t know. I’m just miffed how quickly I got a frayed stitch even though I barely took the wallet out of my bag, while the $30 MK cardholder I have has no signs of wear at all and it has been in and out of my pockets the past two years.

I have a plain Loewe cardholder (they don’t appear to sell the exact style anymore, but it’s the plain type with 3 card slots on each side and a narrow space for bills in the middle), and I would be cautious with #3 or any options that have tight card slots.

My cardholder’s glazing has peeled off from the slot that I use most. I used it as my primary wallet for ~3 years, but didn’t use it much during the 2020 due to working from home, but I’m still a bit disappointed in the year from the amount of wear. I still use it, and the actual leather itself has held up beautifully, but wanted to share a warning about the cardholder options with tight card slots.

If the Loewe CCH is too soft, I probably won’t like it. That’s unfortunate about the zipper too though; I think it’s more practical having the zipper go down to the sides too. I might just have to order the Loewe BCH and the BBCC to see which one I like better of the two, then return whichever one doesn’t work for me.

I really like how the LV CCH looks and it’s structure to be honest, but getting my cards in and out were such a hassle for me. Maybe it’s because I have a few more cards in the zip compartment, I don’t know. I’m just miffed how quickly I got a frayed stitch even though I barely took the wallet out of my bag, while the $30 MK cardholder I have has no signs of wear at all and it has been in and out of my pockets the past two years.

I don’t blame you at all for frowning upon your LV CCH given how quickly issues cropped up; I would be doing the same.

What’s funny to me is that my MK CH at approx the same cost of yours that I replaced with the LV one is also flawless after a couple of years of using it exclusively. I only replaced it because I wanted something slim and sleek. And, I actually liked the MK one better than the LOEWE one that I returned:confused1: Never, ever would’ve imagined that!

Oh, and I too found the LV slots to be far too tight initially but for some reason, I was committed to making it work. For me, they loosened up within a week. They are perfect now, but I will definitely be inspecting it occasionally for any issues given your experience.

The bifold card case is similar in design to the Hermes Calvi, it seems really simplistic but it can hold a lot of cards compared to more structured cardholders, plus easy to get things in and out of! Would recommend :smile:

The bifold card case is similar in design to the Hermes Calvi, it seems really simplistic but it can hold a lot of cards compared to more structured cardholders, plus easy to get things in and out of! Would recommend :smile:

It’s actually the Hermes Calvi’s simplistic design that originally caught my attention, but I can never find it available on their website so I started looking elsewhere. While I like the Loewe version, the big anagram is deterring me from making the purchase.