Little Opinion? Dior Newbie in crisis =(

I bought one Lady Dior, lambskin w gold hardware in Melbourne for 3700 AUD. from my own experience, I love this bag so much. Its beautiful and classic ! However, I do find its hard to put my hands or my wallets in and out of the bags !!!! That is my thought for your problem #1 I totally agree. You would need a small flat wallet rather than a long thick clutch which would not fits in!
2- lambskin leather is soooo beautiful. It look amazing but for sure its harder to maintain and keep its shape over time like the patent leather. However, the look and quality of lambskin is so amazing and its not too glossy as patent leather which show how luxurious it is !
3- I think the bag size looks perfect and proportional to your body frame. It is not too big for u!
4- yep, if you have a few classic bags like Dior and Chanel, may be you should try different colors rather than black ! which brighten your wardrobe a bit more. Theres not many colors in Chanel but you def can find a lots of different beautiful colors in Dior handbags
Hope that helps

Hi there, I'm in Melbourne too! Bought from David Jones at $3700 as well :smile:

Thank you so much for your input! i think i will switch my big wallet to a Lady Dior Rendez Vous Wallet in Black Patent I purchased on the same day. I think it is not too 'chubby'. hehe

Thank you again for your kind comments. I think I'll run to the boutique tomorrow and grab the yellow as well as the dark pinkish colour!!! Dreaming about it all weekend. hehe

Congrats on ur lady dior, it suits u perfectly. Ur sister is not u, as long as u like it, that's the most important thing.
1. I recently bought my First Lady dior too, and I find the more I reach my hands into the bag, the more softer and easier it gets. And that's what make is special and different to my other bags.
2. I find the lambskin on the dior is very durable, I took it on a trip recently and even stuff it in the suitcase, it didn't leave any scratch at all and kept its shape.
3. U have a lovely figure and looks beautiful wearing the bag.
4. I love my Chanel's, but This is a Dior, it is totally different:smile:

Congrats on ur lady dior, it suits u perfectly. Ur sister is not u, as long as u like it, that's the most important thing.
1. I recently bought my First Lady dior too, and I find the more I reach my hands into the bag, the more softer and easier it gets. And that's what make is special and different to my other bags.
2. I find the lambskin on the dior is very durable, I took it on a trip recently and even stuff it in the suitcase, it didn't leave any scratch at all and kept its shape.
3. U have a lovely figure and looks beautiful wearing the bag.
4. I love my Chanel's, but This is a Dior, it is totally different:smile:

Thank you so much! What a relieve to hear positive response re: durability of lambskin! :smile:

I think the bag looks great on you! I think the lady dior is such a classic bag, you can't go wrong. I also heard the opening does soften over time, but if you love the bag it shouldn't matter! You love what you love, all there is to it - no matter what others say.

I agree with everyone else. The LD looks great on you and is so different from Chanel. I too have recently discovered Dior and find the lamb skin durable as well as beautiful. Keep it!

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm in Melbourne too! Bought from David Jones at $3700 as well :smile:

Thank you so much for your input! i think i will switch my big wallet to a Lady Dior Rendez Vous Wallet in Black Patent I purchased on the same day. I think it is not too 'chubby'. hehe

Thank you again for your kind comments. I think I'll run to the boutique tomorrow and grab the yellow as well as the dark pinkish colour!!! Dreaming about it all weekend. hehe

Another Dior angel gets their wings (a reference to a very old movie). So happy you have discovered Dior and are going back to get the colors that you are dreaming about! Dior bags are so lovely and special, and their colors are just gorgeous! :heart:

Umm...is your sister on crack?! The bag looks AWESOME on you. And nothing about you is fat!! I totally love it on you. And it doesn't matter how many Chanels you have, a dior is a dior. Congrats, and what other items did you get? :smile:

Umm...is your sister on crack?! The bag looks AWESOME on you. And nothing about you is fat!! I totally love it on you. And it doesn't matter how many Chanels you have, a dior is a dior. Congrats, and what other items did you get? :smile:

Awww thank you!!

I got lady dior Wallet in black patent, and Panarea tote in black as well :smile:
Will be going back to get my yellow one! so adorable!

I have no experience with dior but you are most definitely not fat & the bag really suits you! X

Thank you :smile::smile::smile: You made my day.

Another Dior angel gets their wings (a reference to a very old movie). So happy you have discovered Dior and are going back to get the colors that you are dreaming about! Dior bags are so lovely and special, and their colors are just gorgeous! :heart:

Yes I agree, and thank you so much again for your kind words! I feel a lottttttt better!!

I agree with everyone else. The LD looks great on you and is so different from Chanel. I too have recently discovered Dior and find the lamb skin durable as well as beautiful. Keep it!

Will do!! In fact, i'm so going back to get the light yellow colour i saw in shop! Still undecided whether i should go for Miss Dior or Lady Dior hehe

I think the bag looks great on you! I think the lady dior is such a classic bag, you can't go wrong. I also heard the opening does soften over time, but if you love the bag it shouldn't matter! You love what you love, all there is to it - no matter what others say.

:smile: Have to agree with the above!! :smile:

Congrats on your beautiful purchase and I think you have made a wise choice picking the LD. It's one of my all time favourite. It never fail to make my head turns whenever I see one.

It looks very nice on you and with the mod pics you must have realised by now that it's such a versatile bag which you can dress up and down with it.

Enjoy your new bag and do show us any new acquisitions! :smile:

Dear All lovely TPF members,

As the title says, I am in a little crisis.

I have always been a prada and chanel girl but last week, i went into Dior Shop out of randomness and ended up with three purchases....!! OMG I was wondering where I have been all my life .. Dior simply grown on me..

Anyways ... One of my purchase was the Black Medium Lady Dior in Lambskin (Silver hardware). I came home and showed off this little beauty to my sister and here are her comments:

1. Most impractical bag on earth. Can't even put 'hands' in properly.

I heard it will soften over time. Thoughts?

2. Lambskin is so delicate. I have to baby her like hell.

According to my research.This doesn't seem to be the case. Thoughts?
I was even going to go back to grab the pale yellow colour one as well. Any thoughts here?

3. Too small for a person of my frame. Well, exact quote is : " YOU ARE TOO BIG AND FAT FOR THAT BAG"...

Ladies, i attached my photos here too. Me and Lady Dior in different outfits. Please feel free to express your thoughts. I dont' mind at all. I prefer honest comments !! Won't be offended! hehe

4. I have so many chanel - why buy one with same purpose.

To me, they are totally different bag........... thoughts?

Please let me know your thoughts!! Then i can decide what to do.... and thank you so much for your time :smile:

Sounds like your sister is a little jealous! And not very nice...

1. I just bought my large size LD and I have to say I was worried about the opening. But it does get better with use and when you have the shoulder strap on, it's very easy that way. So don't worry.

2. Mine is patent so I can't comment on lambskin but I have heard they are not as delicate as you think.

3. You fat???? What planet is your sister on? You have a lovely figure and the size of the bag suits you really well!

4. Chanel is Chanel and they are different. Keep them!