Let's talk Delvaux!

Hi fawnhagh
Here are some thoughts on the mini-Mutin, which I saw in person at the Delvaux boutique at the Bon Marché in Paris last week. I saw it in a cognac colour and in vert Empire, new for fall. The strap is a striped, woven, canvas-type fabric; in both cases the middle stripe is the colour of the bag and two outside stripes are a warm beige. The strap is wide and is definitely a big part of the look. Can't avoid seeing the stripe. I could see this bag styled very sporty with jeans or with a maxi skirt and Frye boots, for example. To me, keeping the fabric strap fresh looking would be a concern. Maybe Delvaux would provide cleaning services? The bag is a fold-over flap style, and you have to lift the entire flap to get into the bag, unless you're good at feeling for what you want with the flap released just a bit. The mini-Tempête is a more versatile bag IMO, but if you need a very sporty bag, the Mutin could be a choice. As for me I bought a mini-Madame in Rouge de Pourpre patent leather that I'm getting to love. Good luck deciding!

Dear JolieS,

Thank you so much for your thoughts / opinion!!! I'm still not 100% sure about mini mutin exactly due to the strap so I can't pull the trigger to buy it.

However, I just ordered a mini tempete in lipstick!!! I transferred the money yesterday and hoping to receive it in the end if this week or early next week [emoji7][emoji56] I haven't really seen a seasonal color that I like after rose indien and I want something that's more classic and versatile. I was thrilled to see they bring back the lipstick color!!! I know it's not as special or fun but true red for me is a safe and easy to wear color, given that I have black and vegetal already.

Did you see the fall collection in store? Was there anything you think is worth checking out? I don't have any Delvaux boutique near me so I can only rely on the social media......[emoji20]

I heard that the végétal color will be discontinued and instead a new color 'vison' will be introduced. Did you see this color?

Dear JolieS,

Thank you so much for your thoughts / opinion!!! I'm still not 100% sure about mini mutin exactly due to the strap so I can't pull the trigger to buy it.

However, I just ordered a mini tempete in lipstick!!! I transferred the money yesterday and hoping to receive it in the end if this week or early next week [emoji7][emoji56] I haven't really seen a seasonal color that I like after rose indien and I want something that's more classic and versatile. I was thrilled to see they bring back the lipstick color!!! I know it's not as special or fun but true red for me is a safe and easy to wear color, given that I have black and vegetal already.

Did you see the fall collection in store? Was there anything you think is worth checking out? I don't have any Delvaux boutique near me so I can only rely on the social media......[emoji20]

I heard that the végétal color will be discontinued and instead a new color 'vison' will be introduced. Did you see this color?

HI Fawnhagh. Lipstick! How exciting! I'll bet it is beautiful.
The fall collection was not in store with the exception of vert Empire. According to my SA,it will trickle in over the next month. I'm in Paris until mid-Aigust, so will give you intel as I receive it.
Enjoy your new Tempête!

HI Fawnhagh. Lipstick! How exciting! I'll bet it is beautiful.
The fall collection was not in store with the exception of vert Empire. According to my SA,it will trickle in over the next month. I'm in Paris until mid-Aigust, so will give you intel as I receive it.
Enjoy your new Tempête!

I am very much looking forward to receiving my lipstick mini temptete for sure! Will post a photo once I get her :smile:
It's funny that now Paris gets the new collection first while Belgium is one of the last. I was talking to my SA in Brussels and he was pretty upset about it...

Anyhow, please keep me updated if you see some goodies during your stay in Paris!

The Autumn-Winter 2017/2018 preview is up. :nuts:

Tempête MM, Métal Frame : Antique Silver
Tempete-Crispy-Metal-Frame-Ar-Reshoot-03.jpg

Le Mutin Mini, Army : Antique Silver
Mutin-Mini-Army-Or-03.jpg

Madame Mini, Iron Shield : Ivory & Antique Silver
Madame-Mini-Iron-Shield-Ivory-03.jpg
Madame-Mini-Iron-Shield-Blanc-03.jpg

Pin PM, Allure : Noir
Pin-Mm-Allure-Noir-03.jpg

Brillant MM, Box Calf : Noir - Bandoulière Fleur, Calf Souple & Agneau Métal : Noir, Prune & Antique Gold
Brillant-Mm-Box-Flower-Shoulder-Noir-03.jpg

Brillant East/West, Métal Stitch : Empire
Brillant-Ew-Metal-Stitch-Empire-03.jpg

Brillant Mini, Mirage : Prune & Antique Gold
Brillant-Gm-Biface-Prune-Or-Reshoot-Close-03.jpg

Tempête MM, Calf Souple : Héliotrope - Tempête Mini, Calf Souple : Héliotrope - Tempête Charms, Calf Souple : Héliotrope
Tempete-Mm-Calf-Rose-Reshoot-03.jpg

Tempête MM, Alligator Brillant : Prune - Bandoulière, Renard : Prune
Tempete-Mm-Aligator-Niloticus-Prune-03.jpg

Just warning to my fellow Delvaux lovers, I have noticed there has been increasing numbers of counterfeit Delvaux bags on eBay lately. I do my best to report the obvious ones but eBay is pretty slow on taking action & some got sold in pretty high price. The only place that authenticates Delvaux is ***************** but they are not that reliable in my opinion.

Hmmm... I guess I'm not allow to share names I guess.

Thanks, I just took a look at the current Delvaux selection and one definitely rang warning bells. FWIW, when buying Delvaux, I either go straight to the source -- a Delvaux store for new -- or to my most trusted resellers for this brand: the Secondo store in Brugge (Bruges) or the Horta auction house in Brussels. Both regularly have second-hand Delvaux and guarantee authenticity. At Horta, since it's an auction house, condition can vary widely, from fabulous to forlorn, but Secondo only accepts bags in top condition.
(video about Secondo) and horta.be

Reactions: Miskin
Brillant Black Edition, Warrior : Smoke (The file name actually says Jon Snow. :lol:)
View attachment 3783163 View attachment 3783164

Brillant Card Holder, Magic : Prune, Héliotrope & Vison - Brillant MM, Magic : Prune, Héliotrope & Vison
View attachment 3783165

Le Mutin Mini, Crispy Calf : Héliotrope - Le Mutin Card Holder, Crispy Calf : Héliotrope
View attachment 3783166
LOL, I wonder if the designers of the Jon Snow bag realise that his furs are just banged around and treated Ikea sheepskins! (but the bag is drop dead gorgeous anyway :heart: )
http://lifehacker.com/want-to-look-like-jon-snow-go-to-ikea-1797645903

The Autumn-Winter 2017/2018 preview is up. :nuts:

Tempête MM, Métal Frame : Antique Silver
View attachment 3783150

Le Mutin Mini, Army : Antique Silver
View attachment 3783151

Madame Mini, Iron Shield : Ivory & Antique Silver
View attachment 3783152
View attachment 3783153

Pin PM, Allure : Noir
View attachment 3783154

Brillant MM, Box Calf : Noir - Bandoulière Fleur, Calf Souple & Agneau Métal : Noir, Prune & Antique Gold
View attachment 3783155

Brillant East/West, Métal Stitch : Empire
View attachment 3783156

Brillant Mini, Mirage : Prune & Antique Gold
View attachment 3783157

Tempête MM, Calf Souple : Héliotrope - Tempête Mini, Calf Souple : Héliotrope - Tempête Charms, Calf Souple : Héliotrope
View attachment 3783158

Tempête MM, Alligator Brillant : Prune - Bandoulière, Renard : Prune
View attachment 3783159

I love the silver Tempete. It reminds me a little of an updated, cooler version of the silver Prada frame bag Meryl Streep aka Miranda Priestley carried in her first scenes in The Devil Wears Prada

Thanks, I just took a look at the current Delvaux selection and one definitely rang warning bells. FWIW, when buying Delvaux, I either go straight to the source -- a Delvaux store for new -- or to my most trusted resellers for this brand: the Secondo store in Brugge (Bruges) or the Horta auction house in Brussels. Both regularly have second-hand Delvaux and guarantee authenticity. At Horta, since it's an auction house, condition can vary widely, from fabulous to forlorn, but Secondo only accepts bags in top condition.
(video about Secondo) and horta.be

I'm in US so the only place that carries Delvaux is Barneys. Finding a pre-owned is very hard. They hardly come by on reputable reseller sites. I'm looking for this older model of small brilliant in blue. I came across a site called 'labellov' and they seems to carry some Delvaux. I wonder if any of you ever purchased anything from there.

Just warning to my fellow Delvaux lovers, I have noticed there has been increasing numbers of counterfeit Delvaux bags on eBay lately. I do my best to report the obvious ones but eBay is pretty slow on taking action & some got sold in pretty high price. The only place that authenticates Delvaux is ***************** but they are not that reliable in my opinion.

Hmmm... I guess I'm not allow to share names I guess.

I watch out for quite a few luxe designers on eBay, and I think fakes are up across the board, unfortunately.

For Delvaux authentication, Delvaux itself helped me and at least one other TPFer. We had both purchased our bags, so I can't comment on whether they would help with auction listings, but they are a source to keep in mind. In my case, they ultimately informed me that the bag I bought had never been produced in the particular color but, aside from that, the bag looked perfect to them. Some fakes are, unfortunately, very well done, and no online authentication method will catch them.

I watch out for quite a few luxe designers on eBay, and I think fakes are up across the board, unfortunately.

For Delvaux authentication, Delvaux itself helped me and at least one other TPFer. We had both purchased our bags, so I can't comment on whether they would help with auction listings, but they are a source to keep in mind. In my case, they ultimately informed me that the bag I bought had never been produced in the particular color but, aside from that, the bag looked perfect to them. Some fakes are, unfortunately, very well done, and no online authentication method will catch them.

I actually have bought a counterfeit myself & Delvaux first thought it was their authentic product if you check earlier on this thread. It was other helpful TPFers really helped me out for that matter at the end so I think even Delvaux itself has a hard time telling these really good counterfeit products apart unless they're the artisans themselves. So sad...

Reactions: Passerine123
I actually have bought a counterfeit myself & Delvaux first thought it was their authentic product if you check earlier on this thread. It was other helpful TPFers really helped me out for that matter at the end so I think even Delvaux itself has a hard time telling these really good counterfeit products apart unless they're the artisans themselves. So sad...

Our experiences are very similar. The fakes are unfortunate, but Delvaux really impressed me with their willingness to help, and it was because of them that I won my eBay case. I think a lot of brands wouldn't bother.