Let's talk Delvaux!

Thank you. The lizard is next level :nuts:

They're both stunning, but the lizard is a work of ART.

When I posted the first 'wow' comment I hadn't scrolled down and seen you mod them. May I also say they look TDF on and just right in their own way/size/colour. I can see how each will work . Amazing, you could model for Delvaux.

Thank you so much for the pics, really appreciate it.
How much can you fit in mini? I think a soft leather would be more generous in space.
I had Alma bb in epi leather but sold it because of how rigid it was and lack of space (top 1/3 of the bag is almost useless), also I was concerned that it might a thing now (mini bags are so popular nowadays) but I might regret it in coming years.

I checked the sizes (online measurements) of Brillant MM and Lady Dior medium bag and they seem to be quite similar. However MM looks quite big than medium lady dior.

Mini size is enough and it can definitely age with you. It is in fact much bigger than other current trendy mini size bags. You can carry it nicely in all ages.

Reactions: JolieS and TraceySH
They're both stunning, but the lizard is a work of ART.

When I posted the first 'wow' comment I hadn't scrolled down and seen you mod them. May I also say they look TDF on and just right in their own way/size/colour. I can see how each will work . Amazing, you could model for Delvaux.
Awww what a nice thing to say, thank you. I was in gym clothes running around (story of my life) and was like, ok Delvaux actually could work with anything :cool:

I have loads of other crap to be sure (mostly Chanel, Dior, H and LV) but if I had to just choose one brand it would be Delvaux. They steal my heart! I really hope more people come to appreciate the brand without it ever becoming a part of the masses, if that makes sense.

Thank you again for posting that, it made my day :heart:

I have loads of other crap to be sure (mostly Chanel, Dior, H and LV) but if I had to just choose one brand it would be Delvaux. They steal my heart! I really hope more people come to appreciate the brand without it ever becoming a part of the masses, if that makes sense.

Dear Tracey,

Thank you for these words. I had seen your gorgeous bags and my question had been about your favourite bags, and you answered it. I have all that crap ( you call it) as well but Delvaux will be definitely my next bag.

Reactions: TraceySH
Dear Tracey,

Thank you for these words. I had seen your gorgeous bags and my question had been about your favourite bags, and you answered it. I have all that crap ( you call it) as well but Delvaux will be definitely my next bag.
I could write a mini dissertation on each of those brands, and at the end, why I would not choose them as my mainstay. BUT I also can't seem to disengage from them either!!

Hermes - love the birkin, really dislike the kelly, and everything else to me seems dowdy and plain. Pretty mass produced, losing (I think) some quality and exclusivity at this point with so many ppl flipping bags they're offered. With their beauty launch, it will be interesting to see where the company goes. Fragrances are great.

Chanel - it's Chanel, and I love Chanel. But I find the clothes and shoes to be a snoozefest, the jewelry to be a colossal joke, and the quality average (unless you get into the 10k range for special limited items). Company couldn't care less about its customers and sees customers that buy accessories as sh** (multiple SA tell me this, they don't themselves agree, but it's how the company sees those that just buy bags and shoes etc). Most collections are groundhog day or kitsch. But when they score, they SCORE. Also Karl is gone, company is taking back everything (no leased), they treat their employees pretty badly, good luck if you have an issue, etc. I loved 19a though. LOVED. 19b is back to boring. Might be yet another price increase this year, which I would not mind except the quality and innovation doesn't justify it, quite the opposite. No more exotics, not the biggest fan of a stamped croc Chanel either. Too many bags are fabric lined which is a pet peeve for $$ bags.

Dior - don't like the book tote or the saddle bag. But I am not a millennial and my time as the target market for a trendy brand passed about 15 years ago as I am now old. BUT their CS and lady dior colors and incarnations of them are beyond amazing. MGC straddles innovative and classic very well, but her footing is a little shaky b/c so many bag styles are one season wonders before disappearing. Straps are beautiful but expensive for fabric and too short.

LV - great everyday bags, quality on all higher end leather items is amazing, SLGs to me are the best and most innovative. Shoes and RTW top the others IMHO. CS has been amazing - instant refunds for defective items, no pushback. Lots of collections that are just WEIRD and infantile. Too many seasons with RED, PINK, BLACK, and NAVY. But when they get something right, it's RIGHT. SO, lots of good and bad here. The patches and cartoons NEED. TO. GO. Fragrances are awesome, and I love the shawls and bandeaux!

I have NOTHING negative to say about Delvaux, and it scratches the itches of items that are: innovative, edgy, classic, unique, superlative quality, surprising and fun. For me, you simply cannot go wrong with any of it. And, their SA's are the very best.

More than you wanted, and just a touch on an explanation. Hope that helps!!

I could write a mini dissertation on each of those brands, and at the end, why I would not choose them as my mainstay. BUT I also can't seem to disengage from them either!!

Hermes - love the birkin, really dislike the kelly, and everything else to me seems dowdy and plain. Pretty mass produced, losing (I think) some quality and exclusivity at this point with so many ppl flipping bags they're offered. With their beauty launch, it will be interesting to see where the company goes. Fragrances are great.

Chanel - it's Chanel, and I love Chanel. But I find the clothes and shoes to be a snoozefest, the jewelry to be a colossal joke, and the quality average (unless you get into the 10k range for special limited items). Company couldn't care less about its customers and sees customers that buy accessories as sh** (multiple SA tell me this, they don't themselves agree, but it's how the company sees those that just buy bags and shoes etc). Most collections are groundhog day or kitsch. But when they score, they SCORE. Also Karl is gone, company is taking back everything (no leased), they treat their employees pretty badly, good luck if you have an issue, etc. I loved 19a though. LOVED. 19b is back to boring. Might be yet another price increase this year, which I would not mind except the quality and innovation doesn't justify it, quite the opposite. No more exotics, not the biggest fan of a stamped croc Chanel either. Too many bags are fabric lined which is a pet peeve for $$ bags.

Dior - don't like the book tote or the saddle bag. But I am not a millennial and my time as the target market for a trendy brand passed about 15 years ago as I am now old. BUT their CS and lady dior colors and incarnations of them are beyond amazing. MGC straddles innovative and classic very well, but her footing is a little shaky b/c so many bag styles are one season wonders before disappearing. Straps are beautiful but expensive for fabric and too short.

LV - great everyday bags, quality on all higher end leather items is amazing, SLGs to me are the best and most innovative. Shoes and RTW top the others IMHO. CS has been amazing - instant refunds for defective items, no pushback. Lots of collections that are just WEIRD and infantile. Too many seasons with RED, PINK, BLACK, and NAVY. But when they get something right, it's RIGHT. SO, lots of good and bad here. The patches and cartoons NEED. TO. GO. Fragrances are awesome, and I love the shawls and bandeaux!

I have NOTHING negative to say about Delvaux, and it scratches the itches of items that are: innovative, edgy, classic, unique, superlative quality, surprising and fun. For me, you simply cannot go wrong with any of it. And, their SA's are the very best.

More than you wanted, and just a touch on an explanation. Hope that helps!!

Agreed - nothing negative to say about Delvaux. One of the many features about the brand that I like: they have a creative director who designs at least 2 collections/year, keeping the brand fresh, but classic. Can’t say the same about H, for example.
Have never had experience with their after-sale care service. Has anyone sent a Delvaux bag to spa?

I am not sure about if this is the right place to share about my defective Delvaux, please delete the post if it is not a right place to post.

I got my first Delvaux Tempête in Belgium Feb/Mar this year through my uncle during his business trip. To my horror, the clasp on my Tempête give way while I was carrying it and I almost cried about it. It auto-open few times in a day while I was walking with my bag on my shoulder.

I consider myself lucky because there are two Delvaux store in my home country and I was able to send in for repair. The CS are amazing, they are shocked and took in the bag immediately. However they are unable to advise why does this happen.

My bag is back in a month - with a new clasp and no charges imposed. Wish me luck and hope my Tempête is good to go :smile:

Frankly speaking, I never thought this would happen as everyone is loving their Delvaux so much, their quality, design and fantastic workmanship.