Leather choice for gold birkin

Another vote here for veau jonathan! It is a gorgeous, gorgeous leather. I had the opportunity to purchase a B25 in gold togo with gold hardware, but it didn't give me that feeling....you know the one. Turns out I don't love gold in togo leather. The color was just slightly off to me (every color looks different in different leathers).

I later had an opportunity to purchase a B25 in veau jonathan, gold with gold hardware, and it is one of my favorite bags in my collection. It is stunning. There is nothing like the rich, deep caramel color in smooth leather especially with gold hardware. Plus veau jonathan is nearly identical to swift, except it is lined in chevre (whereas swift is lined is swift), which adds a lot of structure to the bag.

Another vote here for veau jonathan! It is a gorgeous, gorgeous leather. I had the opportunity to purchase a B25 in gold togo with gold hardware, but it didn't give me that feeling....you know the one. Turns out I don't love gold in togo leather. The color was just slightly off to me (every color looks different in different leathers).

I later had an opportunity to purchase a B25 in veau jonathan, gold with gold hardware, and it is one of my favorite bags in my collection. It is stunning. There is nothing like the rich, deep caramel color in smooth leather especially with gold hardware. Plus veau jonathan is nearly identical to swift, except it is lined in chevre (whereas swift is lined is swift), which adds a lot of structure to the bag.
Arrgggghhh.

I have been regretting!

I was firstly offered a b25 in gold with ghw in Jonathan but I declined. At that time I only started my Hermes journey so I want to get the bag in the most popular leather “Togo”...

But when I finally got my Togo and looked back, I actually prefer the Jonathan leather for colour gold! The smooth leather just feels more luxury to me now. I have a friend who is a H collector and she says she will definitely choose Jonathan over Togo..

can you post a photo? thx

gorgeous!!! thx for posting! So this is the regular barenia not the faouburg right? I can tell it's smoother leather.

It is veau jonathan leather

so is the stamp not embedded for lack of a better word like it is on the faouburg one?

It's not embedded, that is only done with barenia! This is veau jonathan. It does look very similar to barenia though

Reactions: Sharifshopping
It is veau jonathan leather

It's not embedded, that is only done with barenia! This is veau jonathan. It does look very similar to barenia though
Got it no wonder!! So it's the gold color like togo or more of the fauve color like the barenia? similar to swift but more structured right? So pretty! I prefer squishy & less structured but this is gorgeous congrats!