Launer Bags aka "Queen Elizabeth's Favorite Handbags"

The Queen only wears Launer. I saw her carry one at the Windsor Horse Show at her Diamond Jubilee.

Margret Thatcher (first lady PM UK) also carried them and Launer have named one of their bags the Maggie (which has put me right of the bag TBH ha ha)

I've seen them IRL in Selfridges which has just started selling them. They had mostly Traviatas, including some plain/lizard leather but also 2 Juliets.

The interiors are lovely. The suede is very fine and soft and the finish exceptionally neat.

The Juliet is my favourite. It comes in beige or black as standard but you can order a range of other colours and skins. It is 28 across the base which I could just about manage with. According to Selfridges the MTO bags only come with either black or beige suede lining. Some of the other bags had suede dyed to match the exteriors like the dark green lizard.

No sure I can justify another Kelly-style bag at the moment but the multi-colour Traviata is just gorgeous and looks a bit more contemporary.

For those that want a similar quality bag but find these prices too steep (even though by premier designer standards and the quality they're reasonable IMO) check out vintage bags from the 1950s and '60s. Some charity shops sell very comparable traditional style bags for 'pocket money'. Of course these are usually in the very traditional colours of black, dark brown and navy.
I have ordered a Juliet and been waiting for her arrival. She is right now stuck at ISC Los Angeles for a week. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

The Queen only wears Launer. I saw her carry one at the Windsor Horse Show at her Diamond Jubilee.

Margret Thatcher (first lady PM UK) also carried them and Launer have named one of their bags the Maggie (which has put me right of the bag TBH ha ha)

I've seen them IRL in Selfridges which has just started selling them. They had mostly Traviatas, including some plain/lizard leather but also 2 Juliets.

The interiors are lovely. The suede is very fine and soft and the finish exceptionally neat.

The Juliet is my favourite. It comes in beige or black as standard but you can order a range of other colours and skins. It is 28 across the base which I could just about manage with. According to Selfridges the MTO bags only come with either black or beige suede lining. Some of the other bags had suede dyed to match the exteriors like the dark green lizard.

No sure I can justify another Kelly-style bag at the moment but the multi-colour Traviata is just gorgeous and looks a bit more contemporary.

For those that want a similar quality bag but find these prices too steep (even though by premier designer standards and the quality they're reasonable IMO) check out vintage bags from the 1950s and '60s. Some charity shops sell very comparable traditional style bags for 'pocket money'. Of course these are usually in the very traditional colours of black, dark brown and navy.

omg I would love a vintage one. I've got to check out a vintage shop when I go back to London!

Yeah, my budget doesn't allow me to do croc in any brand unfortunately... not even a little Nancy Gonzalez for me atm :P
No spending 5 digits on a bag here... (not until I sell my business for multi-multi-millions anyway, lol)

However I do find most of their bags priced quite reasonably provided that quality lives up to the "Queen's favorite" reputation- for instance the pink lizard & calfskin one is $3100 and change, imagine how much a similar one from Chanel or Dior or God forbid, Hermes might go for?! :sweatdrop:

Reactions: Lavendera
I have a Launer wallet I had custom made a few years ago. It has the Queen's seal inside. The quality is just amazing.

Wow!!! Any chance you might be willing to share a picture or two? If not at least some details- like what leather and what color? What was the custom order process like? How did you find out about it? That is so cool. I am sorry to be so nosy but I am just soooo curious!!! :upsidedown:

I thought some of our most knowledgeable tPFers *had* to be familiar with this brand. Lo and behold, Lady papertiger to the rescue! :queen: :heart:
(Since we are in British topic and all ;))

Honestly the bags sound even more amazing in person. Now it's firmly taken a spot on my wish list! Traviata is the one I want for sure (it's the ones that I posted all the pics of, for people who haven't seen the website- Juliet is basically a larger version of Traviata, slightly different shape, also very beautiful and elegant. I would just be too petite to handle it, I think) either bi-leather or tri-colour... it would be hard to decide, they are all so beautiful :heart:

It's called a Coat of Arms and signifies a 'Royal Warrant of Appointment'. It means they supply the Queen with goods (in this case handbags). Burberry, Aquasutum, British Gas, Peak Freans biscuits and Pears soap are some other companies that hold Royal Warrants.

What does Queen use from Burberry? Just curious...

I have ordered a Juliet and been waiting for her arrival. She is right now stuck at ISC Los Angeles for a week. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

Yes, please please do a reveal, if you do not mind, maybe even in this thread...? Just share some pics if a full reveal is too much!! I would just loveloveLOVE to see it!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
And I bet I am not the only one ;)

Oh please show us when you receive it ! I love Kelly style bags and would love to see this brand in person :')
Well, sure I will if I can still get her. Usually, it takes about 3-4 days for packages to go through custom. But right now it's been there for a week. That's the downside of importing something expensive from aboard - unpredictable wait time and duties.

I remember there is a thread somewhere regarding reveal about a Launer wallet and a credit card case. It might be helpful for you if you are considering to order it right now.

Fingers crossed for my Juliet...

Last edited:
Well, sure I will if I can still get her. Usually, it takes about 3-4 days for packages to go through custom. But right now it's been there for a week. That's the downside of importing something expensive from aboard - unpredictable wait time and duties.

I remember there is a thread somewhere regarding reveal about a Launer wallet and a credit card case. It might be helpful for you if you are considering to order it right now.

Fingers crossed for my Juliet...

Congratulations to you on you new Juliet!

My fingers and toes are crossed that it comes home to you safe and sound... and not too much duty :biggrin:

What does Queen use from Burberry? Just curious...

She buys both Burberrys and Acquascutum trench coats. I have a Ltd Ed Acquascutum trench, made in the 1953 shape with a print of the Queen's Coronation going past the shop at 100 Regent St. As you know Burberrys is only roughly across the road. I don't think the QEII was carrying her Launer on that occasion :P.

Yeah, my budget doesn't allow me to do croc in any brand unfortunately... not even a little Nancy Gonzalez for me atm :P
No spending 5 digits on a bag here... (not until I sell my business for multi-multi-millions anyway, lol)

However I do find most of their bags priced quite reasonably provided that quality lives up to the "Queen's favorite" reputation- for instance the pink lizard & calfskin one is $3100 and change, imagine how much a similar one from Chanel or Dior or God forbid, Hermes might go for?! :sweatdrop:

I agree. They have gone up in price since 'that' royal wedding, I think about 30%. The good thing is though, they've introduced more colour options.

My dears, if you like Launer, you may like Pickett too :graucho: Not quite the same finesse of finish as Launer but still really lovely things and a very personal service. They have a shop in Saville Row and Sloane St (Chelsea end) and a website http://www.pickett.co.uk/shop/leather-goods/handbags/ The Vigo and Albany look great. They also do MTO or bespoke, including shortening handles, skins etc.

Forgot to say, you can order either gold or silver hardware with any bag with Launer

Don't forget Lizard and Croc etc my not be able to be shipped to territories outside the EU

I agree. They have gone up in price since 'that' royal wedding, I think about 30%. The good thing is though, they've introduced more colour options.

My dears, if you like Launer, you may like Pickett too :graucho: Not quite the same finesse of finish as Launer but still really lovely things and a very personal service. They have a shop in Saville Row and Sloane St (Chelsea end) and a website http://www.pickett.co.uk/shop/leather-goods/handbags/ The Vigo and Albany look great. They also do MTO or bespoke, including shortening handles, skins etc.

Forgot to say, you can order either gold or silver hardware with any bag with Launer

Don't forget Lizard and Croc etc my not be able to be shipped to territories outside the EU

Oh! Will Pickett make the handles shorter on their bags? I like one you've suggested but the handles will look off on me.

:yes: just go for the bespoke option. It says they charge 30% extra for bespoke, IME they don't charge extra unless it actually costs them more money to do

Thank you so much for the info! Now I can't wait to visit them.

Do you know how long Pickett's bespoke takes? I've contacted Launer asking if they could make my bag before I get there for delivery to my hotel, but I haven't followed up as my trip has been pushed back. I gotta figure out the good time to contact Pickett.