Larger Diamond or Dream Setting, which would you choose?

I'm for 3 or 2. I saw a gorgeous engagement setting when I got engaged (so long ago) and just thought it was overpriced. My jeweler insisted he could find something really close for half the price, it was close and 1/2 the price but I never loved it the same as the original. I wish I had spent the difference, which now seems like nothing to get the original one. If I was dead set on the larger stone, I'd put the extra in, no problem. But honestly I don't think anyone will be able to tell a 2.7 ct ring and a 3.0 carat ring. So that option would work for me too. But consider, if you decide later you want the 3.0, it probably won't fit into the setting, so I guess I'm back to option 3. Who will know unless you tell them...are lips are sealed.

I would go with option three....I split the cost of my ring with my husband twenty years ago. It was my mother who suggested it. Her take was "If you are entering a partnership, then why not start with the ring...." I have had my sone reset three times over the years. Get the best possible stone and if you can go for the mount....you will always regret settling and the cost many years later will be a thing of the past but the ring will be yours forever. Hope that helps.....z

i personally would go for the dream setting.. stones are stones but the settings makes it unique. yes size is what people notice but whats so special about another big rock? nothing..