Lanvin Flats & Tory Burch Eddie - what's the difference?

i just ordered the eddie flats based on rave reviews on other site.
to say i was disappointed was an understatement. at first, they feel quite comfy as the most of the bottom part are quite cushiony. but after an hour, the elastic started digging and my big and pinky toes hurt like hell. all of this happened while i was wearing my tights, which should've prevented at least the achilles digging. so the elastic part is really tight.
granted that it was indeed my first time wearing them, but i've done the walking and breaking in 4-5 times now and they still hurt and i'm still putting band aid on.

I just bought a pair of the Eddie flats and wore them for the first time yesterday. They were very comfortable at first but my feet were hurting by the end of the day. I am going to keep them, but I will not wear them when I know I will have to be walking or on my feet all day.

I also have a pair of Lanvin flats. They are definitely much higher quality than Tory Burch. However, I haven't been able to break them in -- they are so painful to wear! I think I may need a half size larger.

Hmmm seems like I'm the only one here who finds the Eddies comfortable? I don't have the Lanvins or Vera Wangs, so I can't compare them, but I have three pairs of Eddies (leather, patent leather and metallic leather so yup, you can say I have them in all the different materials!) and they are the most comfy ballet flats I own. I walk loads, take public transport and the Eddies have been great. I've worn them to go shopping as well and they never gave me problems. Also, unlike some shoes I own, I can wear them day after day after day without them rubbing or chafing me. I believe Tory Burch changed the sole of the Eddies, mine all come with a rubber (not leather) sole and they are all holding up great.

I got a pair of Tory Burch Eddie's and ended up returning them, they hurt my feet so bad. They had great reviews on the site I bought them from but I was not impressed at all.

I just got some Lanvin's and haven't had a chance to wear them yet, but even just trying them on when they came, I could tell a difference in how much better they fit and how much more comfortable they are.

I guess considering that I find TB reva's to be the most uncomfortable shoe ever, I shouldn't be surprised that the eddie didn't work for me, but I'd say you're better of with lanvin. or maybe try french sole or tod's?

I really think it depends on each individual shoe and the wearer. You really need to just try them out yourself. I've owned multiple pairs of Lanvin and some hurt in the back and some didn't. Every one of my Vera Wangs hurt in the back though, so I've stopped buying that brand. I use this heel pad you can get at Nordies for free, to help with the elastic digging into my heels. It works pretty good, but after several hours of wear, it'll still start hurting. My advice is to buy the shoes from Nordstroms since they allow you to return even after you've worn them, and take them on a test drive.

I just tried on patent leather Eddie flats yesterday. As someone else noted, the sole feels REALLY thin. These had rubber soles, but it felt like I was wearing a very thin-soled indoor slipper. Although the insole is a nice, cushy "memory"-type foam, the outsole is just oddly thin and super-flexible, as if I would be able to feel every little pebble or crack while walking. The Eddie soles felt much thinner than my Revas (and I have both rubber and leather-soled Revas).