Lala's Growing Garden

I read recently on another H related thread that clear bags are back on trend ... I wonder if those rubber jelly bags will ever make a comeback? Rubber purses poolside make perfect sense to me!

My latest surprise purchase was a swimsuit and pareo in Robe du soir. I love navy blue and couldn’t resist the marine/blanc colorway. This is my first non-Target purchased swimsuit since marriage and motherhood. What I really like is that it has a comfortable fit, is modest enough to wear in mixed company, and has a stylish neckline and open back.

IMG_3541.jpg

I read recently on another H related thread that clear bags are back on trend ... I wonder if those rubber jelly bags will ever make a comeback? Rubber purses poolside make perfect sense to me!

My latest surprise purchase was a swimsuit and pareo in Robe du soir. I love navy blue and couldn’t resist the marine/blanc colorway. This is my first non-Target purchased swimsuit since marriage and motherhood. What I really like is that it has a comfortable fit, is modest enough to wear in mixed company, and has a stylish neckline and open back.

View attachment 4050133

You have really inspired me to try this as well. I need a nice swimsuit this season too! I love both cws of this set but am tempted to ‘play it safe’ because you cant go wrong with navy & white. [emoji170]

That's cute and a real blast from my past! I bought one of these Jelly Birkins when I was very young and naive. In a size '25'. :smile:

I was cleaning up my DD’s closet and stumbled across this and thought, “hmmm...”. I busted out a measuring tape and sure enough, it’s about the same size as a B25. Never really having had the chance to play with one IRL, I’ve been wondering if I could fit all of my daily purse junk into a B25 so this blast from the past is serving as my home made mock up!

Reactions: periogirl28
You have really inspired me to try this as well. I need a nice swimsuit this season too! I love both cws of this set but am tempted to ‘play it safe’ because you cant go wrong with navy & white. [emoji170]

My thoughts exactly! Even though navy and white are perfect colors for swimwear, you don’t really come across a whole bunch of swimsuits in these colors. I have no idea how an H swimsuit holds up in terms of pool chlorine exposure, but I’m hoping that like the majority of H things, the high quality of materials used should ensure that it does pretty darn well.

I’ve always wondered who actually buys swimwear from H but now I guess that person is me! Ha ha. I think I used to wonder the same thing about Hermes RTW until I fell down that slippery slope 10 years ago.

This is adorable! You made need to get him a little twilly or a bow tie to coax him to let go of your shawl! (He has great taste!)

He’s quite the little chewer so I’m sure he would LOVE to gnaw on a little silk twilly! I have to be extra careful with my bags now because I caught him licking one of my Bs the other day. They say dogs lick things as a way of exploring new textures because they don’t have hands, but now I have to be super vigilant!

Reactions: Ladybaga
My thoughts exactly! Even though navy and white are perfect colors for swimwear, you don’t really come across a whole bunch of swimsuits in these colors. I have no idea how an H swimsuit holds up in terms of pool chlorine exposure, but I’m hoping that like the majority of H things, the high quality of materials used should ensure that it does pretty darn well.

I’ve always wondered who actually buys swimwear from H but now I guess that person is me! Ha ha. I think I used to wonder the same thing about Hermes RTW until I fell down that slippery slope 10 years ago.

LOL, if I buy and wear an H swimsuit, I doubt it’s going to even get wet! Let me know how yours hold up, it’s not like I’m going swimming here in NY anytime soon....

LOL, if I buy and wear an H swimsuit, I doubt it’s going to even get wet! Let me know how yours hold up, it’s not like I’m going swimming here in NY anytime soon....

So true... Although it’s 100 plus degrees and humid as hell here in Houston during the summers so it’s always possible that I will go running through people’s lawn sprinklers in an attempt to cool off! But, no chlorine in sprinkler water so I think it’ll be ok :smile:

It’s more likely I’ll have to get it wet in order to make it to the sand bar back home... boat can only anchor so close and then you have to jump in and swim the rest of the way!IMG_0179.JPG

I’m in the process of culling my silk garden and realize that I have a bad habit of buying scarfs for the sole purpose of adorning my bags and SLGs. There are way too many silks in my possession that are unflattering on me but look fabulous paired with various inanimate objects in my collection. Sigh...

I really can’t do neon, reds with orange undertones, and many pastels.

IMG_3781.JPGIMG_3782.JPG
IMG_3780.JPG

IMG_3779.JPG

I hope I’m not the only person that has gone scarf shopping just for my handbags!

Needless to say, I’ve made some regretful bag purchases over the years... Regretful not because the bags weren’t beautiful or amazing, but regretful because I purchased them for the person I conjured up in my mind and not the person I actually am in reality! Lol. Or, purchased something because it was a “good deal” even though I wasn’t sure how I could use it in my day-to-day reality....

I had forgotten about the Rouge H and toile Jige GM ... it was buried under a bunch of boxes. Tried to use it as a clutch for a casual evening out. Didn’t really work. But, as you can see, it looks great paired with the Coupons Indiens scarf that I purchased for another bag that doesn’t work on me!

IMG_3778.JPG

My plain coloured H swimswear have survived swimming pool, steamed room and sauna. They do hold up well. Colours have not faded.