Kim Kardashian

Wearing Schiaparelli at the 2023 Met Gala at the Metropolitan Museum in New York City.
View attachment 5774365View attachment 5774366View attachment 5774367View attachment 5774368
I wasn't impressed that the house of Schiaparelli (one of my favourite fashion houses, especially since Daniel Roseberry took over as AD) decided to dress her for the Met Gala and neither were any of their followers on their official Instagram page. They were not shy in letting the brand know they were not impressed with dressing Kim for the night out of all the people they could have chose.
Never mind the fact that this looks very similar to the costume she wore during her Playboy shoot years ago and then the cheap looking brad sticking out the side above the corset... Tacky.
Kim doesn't have what it takes to pull off these couture, high-fashion pieces. You need someone who oozes confidence and personality, like Dita von Teese would have pulled of this look flawlessly.
Not a good move on Schiaparelli's part. Then Kim comes out saying the pearls were falling off :rolleyes: A mess.
Hopefully they learn their lesson not to be associating with this pointless family in the future.
They drag brands down, simple as.

I wasn't impressed that the house of Schiaparelli (one of my favourite fashion houses, especially since Daniel Roseberry took over as AD) decided to dress her for the Met Gala and neither were any of their followers on their official Instagram page. They were not shy in letting the brand know they were not impressed with dressing Kim for the night out of all the people they could have chose.
Never mind the fact that this looks very similar to the costume she wore during her Playboy shoot years ago and then the cheap looking brad sticking out the side above the corset... Tacky.
Kim doesn't have what it takes to pull off these couture, high-fashion pieces. You need someone who oozes confidence and personality, like Dita von Teese would have pulled of this look flawlessly.
Not a good move on Schiaparelli's part. Then Kim comes out saying the pearls were falling off :rolleyes: A mess.
Hopefully they learn their lesson not to be associating with this pointless family in the future.
Have you seen this dress before, the Lobster dress? I saw it in high school at the Phila Museum of Art, and have never forgotten it. A collaboration between Salvatore Dali, Wallis Simpson and Elsa Schiaparelli.

CE23BBE6-823A-4760-A423-0E6C85B2DE14.png

48BB61FD-B85E-42E1-A858-66957C4DA984.png

Have you seen this dress before, the Lobster dress? I saw it in high school at the Phila Museum of Art, and have never forgotten it. A collaboration between Salvatore Dali, Wallis Simpson and Elsa Schiaparelli.

View attachment 5775644

View attachment 5775645
Yes! I haven't seen it in person, only pictures. Lucky you!
It's beautiful and so unique like all Schiaparelli designs.
Didn't they re-make a version of the lobster dress a few years back? I didn't like the shape of the remake, the original was far better :smile:

There is also another dress called the skeleton dress. It’s black fabric that is padded so you see the skeleton form when you look closely. The House of Schiaparelli was so ahead of it’s time. I have to checkout the current designs. I think I would have like the dress on anyone but Kim!

Reactions: pukasonqo
There is also another dress called the skeleton dress. It’s black fabric that is padded so you see the skeleton form when you look closely. The House of Schiaparelli was so ahead of it’s time. I have to checkout the current designs. I think I would have like the dress on anyone but Kim!
I totally agree. I think Dita von Teese would have been perfect to carry off Kim's look! She's so effortless, glamorous and confident.
Ohhh yes! The skeleton dress by ES is one of my favourites :loveeyes:

Dita would have KILLED IT. :yes: :heart:

Looks like a bit of a throwback Kimberly
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I don't hate this look!

Alison Brie What GIF